Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Internet Irish Sitcom, Have a look!

Options
  • 27-06-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

This is a sitcom made in Ireland by me and some friends. Its called sh*tcom. I suppose its comedy based more than anything. Its only the pilot episode so alot of thing need to be changed, we plan on making the episodes shorter to about ten minutes for the future but let us no what yous think please and thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the sound is terrible mate. certain sounds are seriously loud. voices are very low.

Acting is kinda gimpy, some convo between actors seems way too forced.

The interview scene was just completely retarded.

Just being honest, don't invest much money in this.....

edit: stop using the word yous..... for **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

2mins ...I stopped watching (sorry)

first 10 seconds of intro music was decent, strange how intro music was credited to one person but there are two voices (which is annoying as they are not lined up or in tone together)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeReid

No problem cheers for the replies, its more just for fun than anything but we want feedback so we can improve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Definite improvements to be made, like the sound quality that has been mentioned. I don't think anyone is expecting top class acting but yeah it could improve.
    Most of all though I think it needs better directing. A minute of a fella pouring cornflakes probably wasn't the greatest opening ever.
    FWIW I think the characters are decent. Let us know when the next episode is available.

Edit: the house doesn't look much like a rented 'lad's pad' either. Too many pictures hanging in the hall. I'd lose that glass cabinet thing in the living room too (15:05).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭jimw1988

I think Jamie T is on the missing list so you may not run into any legal problems.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Jaynee, no where near as bad as I was expecting*, fair play to ye for giving it a shot.

*yeppydeppy defines the backhanded compliment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I thought it was fine, needs some work but for a young group of lads, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeReid

@jimw1988 Thanks we will do that.

All comments appreciated guys thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I liked it! The camera work was very good, but I agree with other posters on the sound.

The main characters are good, well drawn - other characters eg Mr Patterson are a bit hammy.

I loved the opening credits and music, as well as the Bad Ass Bob theme tune. :D
    (What is that song by the way? Sounds like something by Blink 182? I am going to be singing it all day! )

Overall, for a group of young fellas, it's a good attempt, there's potential there! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Excellent camerawork but I'm afraid that's the only part I enjoyed. I just didn't find it funny at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

The start of it shows ireland when it's sunny, with a name like ****com it should show rain and clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Definitely better than I expected

Advertisement