Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you read in the papers. Im sure theres more to this story. As far as im aware a reserve has received a medal before so I don't think this has anything to do with rank.

But very few GRs would be surprised to hear one was ignored/forgotten in the awards process

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

carzony wrote: »
    Still from what I have read through a few different posts on here there are a lot of reserves leaving. There leavin for a reason.

The actual number leaving isn't as high as its made out to be, although its surprising its not way higher.

Plenty aren't showing up regularly, so often appear to have left. However the minister said only about a week ago that there are 1,100 reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

carzony wrote: »
    Still from what I have read through a few different posts on here there are a lot of reserves leaving. There leavin for a reason.

Dropout rate is 12.5% based on the figures from the 2011 Annual Report (excluding thoses who resigned in order to become full time members).

Not a very high rate at all when you consider the reasons for resignation will include anything from disillusionment to emigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Duplicate - mods please delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Got called for the GR medical exam yesterday. Things are looking up!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Dropout rate is 12.5% based on the figures from the 2011 Annual Report (excluding thoses who resigned in order to become full time members).

Not a very high rate at all when you consider the reasons for resignation will include anything from disillusionment to emigration.

Can't imagine too many dropped out to become full time in 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Hey I applied to the GR 4 months ago does anyone how much longer I could be waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Hey I applied to the GR 4 months ago does anyone how much longer I could be waiting?
    if you havent got an interview yet then maybe another two months. Its a long process for applicant to beginning training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Currently waiting for a medical..

I m expecting an overall wait of two years at least to get into reserve training itself

Anything from 6 months to 30 months going by the posta here. In my case it's been 2 years for me from initial application. I have the medical next week. But my BR check would have taken longer than most as I lived overseas for a while and I've got a couple of relations living overseas too.
    I would say it's a min. of 6-9 months if there are no 'complications' so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 mark227

I have medical next week also, any idea when training will be again ?

Mark227 quick question but how long has it taken you to get as far as your medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Mark227 quick question but how long has it taken you to get as far as your medical?
    Runner it took me from January 2010 to October 2011 to even begin phase 1 of training in Templemoore. However the biggest wait for me was the BR checks.

Runner,

I applied in September 2012 and was notified about medical last week, so not too long

mark227 wrote: »
    I have medical next week also, any idea when training will be again ?

I'll be up at HQ on July 4th for the medical. I've no idea when training would be if I pass the medical? I think there are 3 possible 4 intakes a year. I'm open to correction on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Hey, I posted my application sept 2012 and have yet to receive any reply back.Is this the usual length of time it takes.

Hey, I posted my application sept 2012 and have yet to receive any reply back.Is this the usual length of time it takes.

Is this the initial application? i.,e to Public Jobs? If so phone them and ask them of the status of your application. Advise them too that you would attend at any location in the country, wherever the next is, for the next round of the written test/interview. It worked for me.

I tryed emailing 2 or 3 times saying i go for interview anywere they never emailed me back :( think il just play the waiting game thanks to everyone that help on this :)

I tryed emailing 2 or 3 times saying i go for interview anywere they never emailed me back :( think il just play the waiting game thanks to everyone that help on this :)

Phone them, that's what I did. I'd say they are overwhelmed with emails...

Who do I ring the GR unit r public jobs? thanks again for all the help on this everyone.

• Advertisement

Who do I ring the GR unit r public jobs? thanks again for all the help on this everyone.

If it's the initial application to Public Jobs, yes, ring them. If your further on in the application BR checks etc ring GR at AGS HQ Dublin, reserve section.

Dustyman thanks a mill, got my interview date !! have to travel abit but no harm :)

Very good!! :)

have spoken to HQ

They said If i pass medical, I will be called for training in September

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Runner how long we're you waiting to be called for the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I rang hq myself after applying last september and no call back for interview.They said I was 2 places from the may interview group and will be called for october.
    That will be a 13 month gap between initial application and getting called for interview. Then from what I see hear if I get through that I will have a similar wait until the medical.It a very slow process.

thesamster wrote: »
    Runner how long we're you waiting to be called for the interview

I sent it off in april and have my interview at end september, I have to travel abit ta do it ,but better than waiting around,

Foreveryoung90 id say myself that if u get through it be another 4-5 month wait for medical and maybe another 2-3 for training after that 7-8 month gap at most id say .

Can anyone tell me if it is possible after submitting your application to offer to undertake your interview in any other region if it means you can then get an interview sooner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

thesamster wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible after submitting your application to offer to undertake your interview in any other region if it means you can then get an interview sooner?

Maybe give them a ring on that one, couldn't see why it would be a problem.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that might call tomorrow and see what happens

Advertisement