Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

shannon82 wrote: »
    Any idea how long?missed the last offer

Sorry I meant about the Kopperberg thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

RATM wrote: »
    God I love the Tesco No Quibble Price Guarantee, I was in the Clearwater branch an hour ago and spotted the iHome IW1 marked as €65. I knew this sounded like a bit of a bargain so I fired up the Amazon app on my phone and saw the cheapest it is available there is for £85, approx €100. So €65 was an absolute bargain and I've got it home and have the Airplay connected to my phone. Speaker sound is very good quality.

I am not sure if it is supposed to be €65 as it scanned at €313 which is daft in itself. But the shelf sticker did say €65 so it may be available in other branches for the same price. It is this model of the iHome series
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/iHome-AirPlay-Wireless-Speaker-Rechargeable/dp/B004XYPC3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371581773&sr=8-1&keywords=ihome+iw1

Does that mean you got €313 - €65 x 2 = €496?? That'd be quite a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

1017219_475743485844960_950032379_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lindtee wrote: »

€7.50 for 24 cans of coke, nice 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Glenbhoy wrote: »

I'm not sure Clearwater do double the difference for their returns policy. Think it's just refund and get the item for free still.

Still pretty good though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

The should go the full shabang with this crazy prices promotion and get animatronic monkeys over the fruit & veg section!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Glenbhoy wrote: »

No I just got the product for €65 which I was happy with, I didn't realise that Tesco have a double the difference refund system in operation till another poster mentioned it just there. Seems like I got shafted !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

January wrote: »
    I'm not sure Clearwater do double the difference for their returns policy. Think it's just refund and get the item for free still.

Should check the blue board behind customer service, should say double the difference

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

January wrote: »

Despite the board- what they often do is simply give you the difference between the price you paid, and the price on the shelf- aka, no double the difference or article free. Maynooth do the same.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

RATM wrote: »
    God I love the Tesco No Quibble Price Guarantee, I was in the Clearwater branch an hour ago and spotted the iHome IW1 marked as €65. I knew this sounded like a bit of a bargain so I fired up the Amazon app on my phone and saw the cheapest it is available there is for £85, approx €100. So €65 was an absolute bargain and I've got it home and have the Airplay connected to my phone. Speaker sound is very good quality.

I am not sure if it is supposed to be €65 as it scanned at €313 which is daft in itself. But the shelf sticker did say €65 so it may be available in other branches for the same price. It is this model of the iHome series
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/iHome-AirPlay-Wireless-Speaker-Rechargeable/dp/B004XYPC3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371581773&sr=8-1&keywords=ihome+iw1

Did you pay full price, then go to return it? Ballsy move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gra246

"Double the difference" is a Tesco company policy in the case of a price mis-match. All stores should honour this.
    I had an email to this effect from their head office last year - Can't find it to post here, unfortunately. Like most I'm happy to have the item at the lower price; but it's good to know their policy. Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Gra246 wrote: »
    "Double the difference" is a Tesco company policy in the case of a price mis-match. All stores should honour this.
    I had an email to this effect from their head office last year - Can't find it to post here, unfortunately. Like most I'm happy to have the item at the lower price; but it's good to know their policy. Hope this helps. :)
    I think it is a policy but it's up to the store managers discretion whether to give it or not.

If they think your purposefully trying to rip them off they won't give it afaik

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think it is a policy but it's up to the store managers discretion whether to give it or not.

If they think your purposefully trying to rip them off they won't give it afaik

If you push it you will get it.
    I have anyway, not huge values however...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lindtee wrote: »

Also in this Crazy prices deal is 4 pack Mars, Snickers, Galaxy, Bounty and Twix - all 1 euro each !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

MarkR wrote: »
    Did you pay full price, then go to return it? Ballsy move!

haha no I didn't, the shelf price had €65 on it and I was more than willing to pay that as the wireless speakers I bought are about €100 online so I knew at €65 it was a bargain in any case. It was only when it scanned that it came up as €313 and then me and the customer service girl went and got the shelf tag saying €65 and she scanned the barcode on that too and it also said €313. In any case there was no quibbling and I got it for the €65, which is an excellent price for a bricks and mortar.

Anyway the €65 price probably came down from Tesco head office so it could be available in other stores, hopefully others will pick up a bargain as they are superb speakers and they work superbly well with playing music from an iphone or itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

I think the double the difference only applies if you go back to them about it after you bought it. You questioned the price before you paid, as I always do, but if you paid them the €313 and then went to customer service, then they should have been obliged to give you double the difference in accordance with the Tesco policy. Although I'd be shocked if they did give you double the difference in this case, nor would I expect it, but it would have been interesting to see what they would have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Please no!!!
    Not double the difference again...
    Wake me up after the next 30 posts:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

RayCon wrote: »
    I see Koppaberg Naked Apple Cider (500ml bottle) is half price @ €1.25 starting tomorrow.
    Thanks picked some up today..€1.25 a bottle.:)
    Sorry I meant about the Kopperberg thanks
    said valid till 23-6-13 on the yellow sticker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Please no!!!
    Not double the difference again...
    Wake me up after the next 30 posts:D:D:D

shgk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Thanks picked some up today..€1.25 a bottle.:)

said valid till 23-6-13 on the yellow sticker

Went to jervis and they had none it was marked €1.25.checked out talbot st they had it still marked full price but I pais €1.31 is that because its an xtra store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Went to jervis and they had none it was marked €1.25.checked out talbot st they had it still marked full price but I pais €1.31 is that because its an xtra store?
    do you mean an express store?..very often the express stores will not have the offers of the bigger stores..all i saw on the sticker was-Half Price Was €2.49, Now €1.25 so if you got it for €1.31 i'd be happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

4 portion George Foreman grills are €17

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Tesco own brand tortilla chips in nacho cheese and cool flavours are only 75c for a 200g bag. The plain salted variety are €1.49. Plain white SEL with 75c on it, must be some kind of error as they're normally €1.49.

The equivalent bag of doritos is €2.49 or 2 for €3.50 and there's not a huge amount of difference in the flavours

This was last night in the Drogheda extra branch but they're still 75c on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

ShaneU wrote: »

have you a lonk? or where did you see this? i really need to get one .. thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

holly8 wrote: »
    have you a lonk? or where did you see this? i really need to get one .. thanks!!

Would really like one too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

ShaneU wrote: »

Grab us one there Shane ! ( Not even joking ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aideenr1

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    From tomorrow, Big Movie Night promo is back for €15. Included is Goodfella's pizza + 9 pack of Pepsi/Max, Club Orange, 7UpFree, or 6 bottles of beer :D - Bud/Light, Heineken, Carlsberg, Coors + icecream and a dvd. Dvd choice seems to be: Argo, The Dark Night Rises, The Bourne Legacy, Lawless, The Lucky One, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Campaign.

Would be grateful if someone could recommend one of the dvds to me (apart from The Dark Night). Thanks :)

The Bourne legacy is enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chud1234

anyone get the George foreman grill at 17 ? yesterday any info on the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tesco seem to be clearing various lines in Birthday party / novelty items
    There were many items reduced in Arklow
    e.g. birthday banners , party napkins, Novelty gifts, Birthday rosettes

couple of examples
    Mr & Mrs 2 mugs wedding gift set €2.25

259332.jpg
    pint glasses 18, 21, 30, 40, 50, 60. €1.75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Lots of good deals in Midleton today.

24x cans of Bud for €28. Don't normally drink the stuff, but..

4 x Mars Bars for €1 (bought 4 packs).

8 x cans of Coke for €3.50 (bought 3 packs)

Lots of shower gels/mouthwash/handwash/toothbrush for 1/2 price. Stocked up there!

Then went to Aldi for my weekly shopping. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement