Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ireland to UK - baggage

Options
  • 22-06-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm moving to the Kent, England in August.

Can anyone advise on the best (efficient / cheapest) way to transport luggage for 2 people?
    No furniture, just 2 bedrooms worth of bags and boxes of clothes and books.
    If anyone has experience / number for 'a moving guy' / good courier service I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Stick it on a pallet and ship it using one of the major transport companies.

I just went to transland shipping and put in a 100 kg load on a pallet. Collect from Co. Dublin and ship to Kent. This is what I got.

July / August 2013
    Collect from Co.Dublin (IE) / Deliver to DA17 1AA (UK)

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
    €68.34

Thats for the month of July. THIS PRICE IS EXCLUSIVE OF VAT, so that has to be added.

So, in brief, you can ship everything you need, door to door, for less than 100 euro.

I am not recommending transland, they are just an example. There are loads more out there, but for that price, its quite reasonable.

Advertisement