Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy power special tonight

• 17-06-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Mate did a special tonight in pp shop.
    Hernandez,Ballobollix,Suarez and Villa all to score.
    Villa didn't play at all i think.
    Will he get ought,cnut's texting here non stop.
    Price was 125/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭BV4

No, he will not get paid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

He should get paid on the treble

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

georgieM wrote: »
    He should get paid on the treble

you wud think. but these specials ive had before and it says that all players must play or bets void

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

ianburke wrote: »
    you wud think. but these specials ive had before and it says that all players must play or bets void

that's what i think,anyway i'll find out today,he doesn't bet much so i'd say he'll be outside pp at about 10 bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mate did a special tonight in pp shop.

Unlikely as all Irish Shops must close at 6pm on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭BV4

okidoki987 wrote: »

Why bother? He probably placed the bet before 6PM. Just worded incorrectly (for you) by the OP.

are you for real?????really are some muppets on this site,i should have said,'this evening'my bad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Also I don't think it was in the shop as the only scorer specials they had up when I was in there at 5.50pm was Ballotelli & Villa 1st goal double at 40's.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Also I don't think it was in the shop as the only scorer specials they had up when I was in there at 5.50pm was Ballotelli & Villa 1st goal double at 40's.

MOD: 1 week ban for personal abuse

incorrect,it was there and it was 125/1,anyway he got nothing,all players had to play.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

incorrect,it was there and it was 125/1

That's very strange.
    I backed the same special in a PP shop on the Saturday night (was collecting a bet from that afternoon :o) but it was at 66/1!.
    I went in on Sunday as one of the lads in the pub also wanted to back it so I said I'd put it on for him.
    The girl told me they had taken it down but she didn't know why.
    I happened to see this thread and went back into the shop and asked why it was 125/1 when I only got 66/1?
    I wasn't sure if I was going to get paid or not but if I was I wanted to
    make sure if it was, it would be at 125/1 (less the non runner) and not at 66/1.
    She told me it deffo wasn't up in the shop on the Sunday.
    After a long "conversation", she rang HQ and they eventually told her the 125/1 was a non shop offer so if someone did get it on in a shop at that price, fair dues.
    It's a bit strange it was nearly double the price for the same bet though :mad:.
    Wasn't a happy bunny but also only got me money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

They should pay out on the remaining selections:

thats utter nonsense to void stake.

If you backed a double on two horses and one doesnt run, it reverts to an sp single on the other horse

Total garbage if they void it instead of paying out on remaining selections and I'm 100% sure other bookies would pay out

How can the justify voiding it?
    Work it out on the anytime prices each player was and make it an acca

That's what I thought :confused:.
    I do remember reading their rules once (was comparing something with the others) and it did state player must start.
    Wonder what would have happened if Villa came on and scored and the other three had already scored?
    How could they not pay out on that?
    The other side of the coin is if he only came on for 5 mins, would they have then voided the bet?
    There are different rules with different bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

They should pay out on the remaining selections:

thats utter nonsense to void stake.

If you backed a double on two horses and one doesnt run, it reverts to an sp single on the other horse

Total garbage if they void it instead of paying out on remaining selections and I'm 100% sure other bookies would pay out

How can the justify voiding it?
    Work it out on the anytime prices each player was and make it an acca

It was an enhanced special with specific term and conditions, they are quite within their rights to void it. No other bookie was offering that bet at those odds so thats a moot point tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

99 out of 100 people would presume that if 1 player doesn't play at all
    that it would revert to a treble.

l wonder how many times 1 player doesn't play but also 1 of the other players doesn't score meaning people are throwing away dockets when
    they should be getting their money back.

if u put it in an accume u wud find it wud have been about 40/1.this was an enhanced special.not many bookies do this.rules are quiet fair.if one player does not appear then all bets void.its to avoid all complications like in this case.what odds would they pay out at?it wud be too much hassle.fair play to them for actually giving these odds unlike other books.

125/1 enhanced from 40's would be a massive enhance?

125/1 enhanced from 40's would be a massive enhance?

r u saying the bet was never offered?go google it.
    I wonder did they make a mistake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

It was an enhanced special with specific term and conditions, they are quite within their rights to void it. No other bookie was offering that bet at those odds so thats a moot point tbh.

nonsense. I've bet on these specials all the time and it reverts to the prices of the other players. Loads of bookies offer these type of specials

Eg In Ladbrokes they have a 10/1 all 3 players to score anytime. if one player doesnt play if reverts to an sp double on their original prices to score anytime in a double

They dont go and void it.

Same as if a bookies had a double up on screen today at Ascot
    Alive Alive Oh and Coach House to win at 9/1

Enhanced odds but ALive Alive Oh a NR. Does the customer get his money back...does he buggery, it reverts to a single on Coach House

Paddy Power pulling a fast one and OP right to feel aggrived

always check the bets terms.these specials always display terms on pp.take the tennis special.money back if murray wins wimbledon.but before throwing 500 on djokovic i read the terms and see max refund up to 100 euro.so you just gotta be careful to take the time to read the conditions to save disappointment

• Advertisement

A Money Back Special is totally different to an Enhanced Quad.

r u saying the bet was never offered

Nope, never said that.
    Was making the point that if it was only 40/1 for the quad, to enhance to 125/1 was a big enhance on the price.

A Money Back Special is totally different to an Enhanced Quad.

i know.but if u dont check the terms you only have urself to blame.surprised there has been so many posts here.ive done those specials before on pp and always known that every player must be involved or bet is off.this special is not a quad.either all 4 score or they dont.in this case they didnt.clear cut.

known that every player must be involved or bet is off.

I'm nearly sure I got paid as a treble when I did an anytime quad special before and 3 scored and 4th didn't play any part?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

ianburke wrote: »
    i know.but if u dont check the terms you only have urself to blame.surprised there has been so many posts here.ive done those specials before on pp and always known that every player must be involved or bet is off.this special is not a quad.either all 4 score or they dont.in this case they didnt.clear cut.

In my opinion you are clued in on these specials and on what you back but in a special like the OP posted there is no reason why the special bet should be different than normal bets on quad bets.

Why should a punter be expected to look up terms and conditioned to see if a bet is being taken in strange circumstaneces .

IE ::if the opening poster's friend had of taking normal odds in a accumulater in PP or in any other bookie the bet would of been settled as a winner of a treble and a non runner.

If everything sdaid in the opening post is true and l think it is then PP are pulling a fast one.

A accumulater bet was placed then why not has one selection not been void and a treble been paid out?

I'm nearly sure I got paid as a treble when I did an anytime quad special before and 3 scored and 4th didn't play any part?

never happened to me before.i remember a few unlucky ones where the only player who didnt score came on with like 2 mins left.then i didnt even get money back.but never been paid out on 3 when 1 of the 4 havent played.only when ive done doubles trebles etc.cant get much on these specials anyways.they had a few up last night.spain to score in the first 5 mins 2/1.max bet for me was 2.5 euro and my account isnt massively limited.

i noticed with this new tennis special that theyve pushed djokovic in from 15/8 to 13/8.and cant get more than a few quid on.will have to do my bet in the shop instead i guess.

If you are anyway limited, go to a shop where there are no limits at the same prices.

Advertisement