Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless bluetooth speaker Tesco's €27.99

• 05-06-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭

Wireless bluetooth speaker Tesco's €27.99 : Got one today, really good piece of kit. Easy to pair up. I though seeing as it was cheap it would be a low volume tinny sound but i'm really impressed with the sound that comes out of it. Has fast forward/rewind next track/previous track buttons and pause button. well worth the money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What's the brand/model?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

A Neurotic wrote: »
    What's the brand/model?

oh soz about that - its Called Technika, but please dont let the name put you off. Think its a Tesco own brand/make.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

willah wrote: »

oh yes, I wonder if it has the fast-forward and next track buttons and handsfree?

yeah this tesco one has a built in microphone for hands-free answering and it works well ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

willah wrote: »

Wirelessly connects to any Bluetooth device.

2 x 3W speakers
    10m range
    Micro USB charging port
    Rechargeable lithium battery
    Up to 4 hours playback
    Choose from: Black, Red or White
    †iPhone not included.:D Whats that all about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Unfortunatly it has indeed gotten to the case that some people are that ****ing retarded that if they see a product such as that linked with an iPhone, they also need to be told that the phone is not included.

"Hey that picture on the box of this bluetooth speaker has an iPhone. I only bought the bluetooth speaker cos I thought the phone was in the box. Sure why else would I pay €25 for it if I can't have the phone. I know my rights. False advertising, rabble, rabble, rabble."

Tl,dr

People are retards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

Aldi one looks tempting, might take a look tomorrow. Would be great for bringing on holidays if its smallish.

baldshin wrote: »
    Aldi one looks tempting, might take a look tomorrow. Would be great for bringing on holidays if its smallish.

why the Aldi one though? - The tesco one is only a little bit more dearer and has hands-free feature with built in microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

why the Aldi one though? - The tesco one is only a little bit more dearer and has hands-free feature with built in microphone.

Do you work for tesco?

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    Do you work for tesco?

haha no, but i think I should! - no, only trying to be helpful and try and get people more values for their buck :)

I like the idea of having two speakers for stereo, and aldi are easier to deal with if problems arise. Ideally I'd like to hear them both before making a decision. Hands free feature is one I don't really need.

baldshin wrote: »
    I like the idea of having two speakers for stereo, and aldi are easier to deal with if problems arise. Ideally I'd like to hear them both before making a decision. Hands free feature is one I don't really need.

oh right - let us know how you get on and how you find them quality/soundwise if thats OK - be good to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I got one of the aldi sets today. They are really small and discrete and they feel pretty well built.

It paired and started playing in a few seconds, was charged in the box. It gets really loud too for the size of it.

I was thinking of getting a jambox until I saw this thread so that's about €100 saved, for the time being anyway.

Got the aldi set today, very nicely put together and good quality sound, hopefully the battery life lives up to the 4hour estimate!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know if Aldi on Parnell Street have any left?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Parnell st dont have it...dont even know about it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

if anyone spots the aldi one around dublin please post it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Bought the Aldi one two days ago and must say I'm very impressed with it. Had it out last night in the garden for a BBQ and it worked great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Dudda wrote: »
    Bought the Aldi one two days ago and must say I'm very impressed with it. Had it out last night in the garden for a BBQ and it worked great.

Hi
    Looked at this in Aldi today.
    How are the two speakers connected.
    Can they be put on either sides of a room, say.
    Or even a few meters apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Hi

They're connected by a retractable mini (not micro) USB cable that comes out the side of one of them. Its about a foot and a half long.
    You could get a longer cable easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Hi

They look like the attached img. If you don't connect them then just one of the speakers work.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Is anyone having a problem getting an iphone to pair with the aldi speakers? The blue led doesn't switch on on my set - does it on yours? It switched on once for a few seconds and I paired it but nothing since, although they are still charging so may not have enough juice yet.

Added info: there is no led when it is switched on so it may be broken - is there a led meant to be on when the unit is charged and switched on?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Turns out it was broken - I returned it to Aldi for a replacement, which is working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I got a "Technika SM21205 Vienna" bluetooth speaker this morning in Douglas for €17. There is very little information about it online though. This is one of the few links I have found.

$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2TBBRWe1JL,QQ~~60_35.JPG
    TECHNIKA SM21205VIENNA BLUETOOTH WIRELESS SPEAKER 2X 10WATT WITH AUDIO INPUT
    This wireless speaker will work with all your bluetooth devices.

With 20watt of power output, it is great for listening to music anywhere.
    Specifications
    Brand Technika
    Colour Black
    Features DC Input, A2DP
    Suitable For All bluetooth devices
    Type Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

Unlike the Barcelona one it does not have hands free functionality and it is mains powered. I haven't tried it yet but will report back when I do. Will be returning the Sony ipod dock I bought earlier in the week as I rarely if ever use my (ancient) ipod. I can use the above with both my phone and laptop.

Advertisement