Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Barbarian FC, Sat 1 June 12:30pm; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Sexton looks delighted with that try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lions by 1-10
    Woeful kick that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Jesus..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

trouttrout wrote: »
    nice ninja edit :rolleyes:

Like your ninja delete earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nice quick pass from Johnny

Final score 59-8

Poor final kick from Johnny :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

God, Sexton's kicking not great. Shades of 11, been top class other than that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Sexton should have got that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Barnes will be delighted if Sexton misses this one.

Seriously, Barnes is a massive fan of him. I don't think people ever read his columns or listen to his commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

He's 20kgs lighter of course he can't break tackles as easy.

An there's no way there's 20kg between them

Sexton was class when he came on but jesus some awful conversion attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Kidney would be calling ROG after those kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Players a bushed, heat must be unreal. Great win against a pretty poor BaaBaas side, Smokin' Joe the standout for them. Payne had some nice touches.

Few players have put their hands up in a big way - Roberts, POC, Philips, Cuthbert, Davies. Both sets of front rows impressed. Backrow not so much. From an Irish perspective, Murray did well when he came on, Healy too. Farrell not impressive in play good with the boot, Sexton good in play had a horror show from the tee. Hogg and Maitland didn't do themselves many favours. Hibbard's lineouts were pretty good?

Good days work for the Lions, can't wait to see the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A slight concern for both 10s tonight, Farrell's general play and Sexton's goal kicking.

JESUS CHRIST, THAT SHIRT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Shouldn't be understated how awful the Barbarians were though. Looked very disinterested at times in defense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Missed the match. Does anyone know if there will be highlights anywhere later?

Doesn't sound like the Baa Baa's turned up for this one, was there much to be learnt from the game?
    Who played well anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

Sexton was class when he came on, just an off day from the tee. Miles ahead of Farrell

Sexton was class when he came on, just an off day from the tee. Miles ahead of Farrell

Yeah serious gulf between the two. Sexton can make tries out of nothing. I don't think Ireland has ever had an outhalf with that sort of ability since I've been watching. As a player hes the greatest Irish flyhalf I've witnessed in the flesh by some distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Time to kick them into touch

Barbarians have been losing relevance and that wow factor over the course of the last few years. On the other hand, it's still a nice concept and it would be a shame to see them cease to exist.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Farrell's been good at kicking and Jonathan has been good in play.

Hmm..

2 out of 5 isn't where Johnny want's to be at after the first match, that's for sure. Just a bad day I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lions by 1-10
    Not a great test, hopefully the Force put up a greater test. Not sure we learned too much from that match even though some players put in good performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Phillips worried his pointing to the line will be taken the wrong way there. Says it was just banter to Rokocoko, his team mate.

"There were far better performances from mine out there tonight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The tee matters. You can't ignore those points in a closer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

The tee matters. You can't ignore those points in a closer game.

If Halfpenny is fit it doesn't matter. He needs to improve though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Lelantos wrote: »
    An there's no way there's 20kg between them

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/matchcentre/wales_seniors.php?player=4724&includeref=dynamic

http://wc.planetrugby.com/ireland/squad/profile_conor_murray_248715

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/squadprofiles.php?player=81941&includeref=dynamic

Murray seems to be a funny one I've always seen him listed as 82-84 but now Munster list him as 94 and an inch taller. I don't believe he's put on 10 kg and an inch so am a bit dubious.

There's a noticeable size difference imo Phillips is that bit taller and Murray's a lot slighter.

Missed the match. Does anyone know if there will be highlights anywhere later?

Doesn't sound like the Baa Baa's turned up for this one, was there much to be learnt from the game?
    Who played well anyway?
    Sky sports 2 @ 10.30

Great interview with POX

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/matchcentre/wales_seniors.php?player=4724&includeref=dynamic

http://wc.planetrugby.com/ireland/squad/profile_conor_murray_248715

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/squadprofiles.php?player=81941&includeref=dynamic

Murray seems to be a funny one I've always seen him listed as 82-84 but now Munster list him as 94 and an inch taller. I don't believe he's put on 10 kg and an inch so am a bit dubious.

There's a noticeable size difference imo Phillips is that bit taller and Murray's a lot slighter.

84kg is way off the mark for Murray though, he's at least 10kg heavier than that, although I think the both lost a bit of weight after that game today

Murray was noticeably faster than Philips with his passing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Lelantos wrote: »
    84kg is way off the mark for Murray though, he's at least 10kg heavier than that, although I think the both lost a bit of weight after that game today

I dunno I've always felt despite his height he's more cut than big. What put's him in competition with Phillips is him being a bit smarter, having a better kicking game and at least matching him in defense.

Advertisement