Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Turns out there is a relatively high number of people offended about the Rising Flag in the intro of the video (Japanese Imperialism), its being reworked..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its up again, the new one. What the hell did I just see?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse with modern Muse, that is horrendous :o

Befitting of the song though I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I really like Panic Station, cool song, love Chris' work on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I really like the song, but the video.......this makes baby jesus cry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Just got a ticket for Manchester today, so that makes London night 2 and Manchester. Hoping for a few Abso rarities since it's the 10th anniversary of it. Blackout was just soundchecked in Montreal so here's hoping!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Shutter Island

If the last album was only 3 songs long, ie the first 3, it would have been awesome.

Love the singles

I've given them plenty of stick over the past few years with all the drivel released BUT if they keep up setlists like this there might be hope for the live shows at least -

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2013/ricoh-arena-coventry-england-5bd9bf38.html

Dead Star, Bliss, Feeling Good, Unintended, Sunburn and Blackout all got a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I've given them plenty of stick over the past few years with all the drivel released BUT if they keep up setlists like this there might be hope for the live shows at least -

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2013/ricoh-arena-coventry-england-5bd9bf38.html

Dead Star, Bliss, Feeling Good, Unintended, Sunburn and Blackout all got a run out.

There was talk that Blackout was Dire
    Matt isn't playing the guitar part of it now

Also Guiding ****e is back.

also heres the rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only thing for me is most of those ones have been in set lists for a while, just not in that quantity. Some different old songs would be great. Bar dead star, that should live in their sets. And Feeling Good to disappear for a longer time.

Seems like loads of stuff going on though, would be nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Football Manager

Nothing new in that set list.

Dead Stars been back in a while, and slower paced stuff like Unintended and Blackout are very hit n miss live.

One swallow doesn't make a summer

Was at Emirates night 2, disappointed I didn't get Dead Star, but hopefully I'll get it at Manchester. Got Hysteria, Map, Butterflies, Sunburn and Stockholm in the rotation slots.

Though why they've a) brought back Guiding Light, b) made Feeling Good a staple and c) are closing with Starlight is completely beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Was at Emirates night 2, disappointed I didn't get Dead Star, but hopefully I'll get it at Manchester. Got Hysteria, Map, Butterflies, Sunburn and Stockholm in the rotation slots.

Though why they've a) brought back Guiding Light, b) made Feeling Good a staple and c) are closing with Starlight is completely beyond me.

Yea I was looking at the set lists and they got dead star on the first night (and bliss) but to get sunburn is too awesome!!

I don't know if they are trying to keep themselves open to all their fan base by playing songs like guiding light etc.. They know what their core fans want... Its such a pity really! I guess they would get bored of playing the same set list so try mix it up a bit.

But I have to agree, as much as I love feeling good, why its always played at every gig is beyond me!! Blast out citizen erased or microcuts instead!!
    And star light to close... hell no!! cydonia is an epic closing tune, especially with the harmonica intro!!

hypermuse wrote: »
    cydonia is an epic closing tune, especially with the harmonica intro!!

I agree with everything you said except this :p

Imo Survival or Stockholm are the best closers they've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Survival is an epic closer. Good to see Butterflies back too. Would love to see Take a Bow back too.

They have a whole load of classic closing songs!

Survival I'm not that sold on tbh

Cydonia, Stockholm, Bliss (extended) even take a bow all epic songs to end a gig on!

but starlight, just no...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Have they ever ended a show with KoC & the Reading 2006 outro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

4 days, 4 days, 4 days......................! :D:D:D:D

Chris speaking to Colm O Sullivan tonight on Today FM from 7PM.

Hope to fcuk theres a big announcement!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Off to see them in Manchester tomorrow. I better get to ****ing see/hear New Born.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Off to see them in Manchester tomorrow. I better get to ****ing see/hear New Born.

Going my their tours since post 2nd law, You'll get either Stockholm syndrome or newborn.. not both.

So if you hear Stockholm, then its game over for newborn I'm afraid!

best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

hypermuse wrote: »
    Going my their tours since post 2nd law, You'll get either Stockholm syndrome or newborn.. not both.

So if you hear Stockholm, then its game over for newborn I'm afraid!

best of luck!

3 times I've been now, Dublin, Hamburg, Manchester, and Stockholm Syndrome has come up on that roulette every time. ****sake :pac:

3 times I've been now, Dublin, Hamburg, Manchester, and Stockholm Syndrome has come up on that roulette every time. ****sake :pac:

Man that sucks.:P

While I do sympathise... I can't help but say... LOL :pac:

I've gotten Stockholm on the roulette at all my T2L gigs too. I'm not complaining at all. New Born is poo live these days and SS is a beast.

Here's a video of Dead Star from last night, I'm the guy on the left of the guy holding the white sign at the start, and we're both going spastic. It was the best 4 minutes of my life.

The gig was miles better than emirates night 2

After Stockholm tonight in Helsinki they started jamming then Matt went over to Dom, said something and made a hand motion, Dom gives a WTF look, and they play Agitated and Yes Please in full for the first time since 2001/2000. These were not on the setlist and were totally spontaneous.

Against my better judgement and despite my constant whinging about their output over the last few years, I've just spent $140 (€97.50) on a ticket to see them in November :o

I better be rewarded with Dead Star! :pac:

Against my better judgement and despite my constant whinging about their output over the last few years, I've just spent $140 (€97.50) on a ticket to see them in November :o

Use Panic Station, Follow Me and Madness for piss breaks and buying beer. Outside of that the usual hits are quite good though Cydonia sounds all soft and cabaret these days.

Jesus that's expensive!
    Use Panic Station, Follow Me and Madness for piss breaks and buying beer. Outside of that the usual hits are quite good though Cydonia sounds all soft and cabaret these days.

Panic Station is the **** and is so fun live. The other two though, yeah piss all you want, though the lasers will be cool.

You never know, you could get a B-Side or something really old since they seem to be rehearsing for this 20th anniversary club tour atm hence Agitated and Yes Please.

• Advertisement

I don't mind Follow Me, the other two are utter rubbish though.
    Jesus that's expensive!

Tell me about it.
    You never know, you could get a B-Side or something really old since they seem to be rehearsing for this 20th anniversary club tour atm hence Agitated and Yes Please.

Yeah back in '07 we got Fury which was pretty cool so something similar would nice.

Also, in eight gigs so far since 2002 I've never seen Unintended and that seems to be getting an airing these days.

Advertisement