Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Prices in Co.Tipperary

Options
  • 20-03-2003 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I recently read that house prices in 2002 in "some parts" of Co.Tipperary rose by (I think it was about) 24%.

Does anyone know which areas in Co.Tipperary this might be?

I don't think it would be Nenagh, as due to the large number of new houses built there I think it has helped to keep house pries down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Nyx

Tipperary CC passed a ruling a few months ago stating that no new planning permission would be granted to land extending 3 miles out from Tipp Town in all directions. Theres a lot of fuss about it, but its mostly due to the fact that there's a lot of estates in disrepair which they would like to get spruced up and sold off, also our roads can't handle any more new residents/developments.
    the upshot of this is that existing houses for sale in the 3 mile zone have gone up roughly 30% in price, same goes for land with existing Full Planning Permission.
    I don't know if this ruling has been approved/enforced, but the rumour itself was enough to make auctioneers rub hands in glee.
    hope that helped :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Mars

Thanks Nyx, appreciated.

I heard that house prices up in Nenagh had come to a stop since there have been so many housing developments built and not enough people to go in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Hey mars, something simular happened in Cashel. So many houses are going up, ad in one particular place/estate thats being developed is having trouble selling them, building there has stopped totally.

Elsewhere in the town however, houses and apartments continue to shoot up. Consrtuction has never been so busy in the town lately, with 2 major development underway.

i reckon its just the bloke that selling these houses in the above estate i speak of that is causing the building to have come to a stand still. He is a con man, and if ya knew him ya wouldn't trust him, personally I think he was looking for too much for them anyway.

Advertisement