Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My gun states 453fps with .12 bb's . Is this legal??

Options
  • 20-05-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

I thought they down grade all these airsoft guns to under 1 joule ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Has to be chronographed with .20g bb.
    Where did you buy it? If it's an irish retailer you should have got a printed chrono sheet.

Disregard What's written on the box. Airsoft laws will be different in country of manufacture.

Have a read in the airsoft questions forum. There's a sticky explaining what a "joule" is.
    Have a look at the other threads too. Answers many of the questions you have already asked :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A .12 bb at 453fps = 1.12J

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Colash wrote: »
    I thought they down grade all these airsoft guns to under 1 joule ????

Did you buy from an Irish retailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Gatling wrote: »
    Did you buy from an Irish retailer

Jokers of airsoft in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Will you please read the thread in the airsoft questions about " what is a joule"

It will answer your question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You won't actually know what its shooting till you get the gun chronoed ,then go from there
    Don't go by what's printed on the box either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Colash wrote: »
    Jokers of airsoft in limerick

Their based out of tralee me thinks. Just because the box says it does not mean it does the box to my M4 states 450fps but it fires at 315fps. Get it chrono'd with .20g bb's, and never use .12g bb's for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

never use .12g bb's for anything.

QFT.

They don't fly properly (they're too light), and they're usually very poorly made (and will eventually damage your hop-up).

PS: you can use them in a Claymore. Other than that, bin them and buy some decent BBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Jokers are based in Tralee, If you are in Limerick PM me & we can use my Chrono to check it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353665
    What is 1 joule.

Dex - come back......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

when i played i used to get .12 bbs and put them in an m16 FSG thing i had built, cheap n cheerful, but good quality bbs, they aint all useless :p

Advertisement