Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Programme on Hillwalking

Options
  • 14-05-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

This is a long shot but here goes. A friend of mine is trying to locate a TV programme from a few years back. It featured an eccentric elderly gentleman dressed in a suit and black hat( not a sign of Gortex anywhere) climbing the Maamturks. It may have been part of a series of documentaries on Hillwalking. It was shown on RTE and later on SKY. Any ideas anyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

What era was it in? Dermot Somers presented various series/ programmes related to hillwalking on TV for TG4 etc., all in the last decade I think. Since 2000 at a guess anyway. Don't think Dermot would be inclined to dress wear but he was often accompanied by a guest in his meanderings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phobyrne

Thats they guy alright. Got a lot of information once I had the name. Thanks a million. My friend is really chuffed.

Advertisement