Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Match Thread*** TUE MAY 14TH 19:15 WES2 Boards.ie Roys Rovers

Options
  • 10-05-2013 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

We need to step it up another level again this week

We need to start getting wins on the board again.

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - away
    Darren - work
    Dave -
    Gar -
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr -
    Craig - in
    Liam -
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - in
    Dermo -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I'll be there and I wouldn't mind a shot in the middle at some point during the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You'll play where you're told

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - away
    Darren - work
    Dave - in
    Gar - in

Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr - in
    Craig - in
    Liam -
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - in
    Dermo - in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Sorry guys, very busy week in work for me and then the wedding next week so I'm POTENTIALLY out for the next 3 games.

Do us proud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

If we are taking requests for positions can i go up front at some stage. :)

DeviantD wrote: »
    If we are taking requests for positions can i go up front at some stage. :)

No Worries, I've been promoted to player manager.

1-2-7 is the new 442

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

If they score 4 we will score 5 type of approach. I like it.

See you tonight lads lets get a win

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

2-2 after being 2-0 down.

We were plain awful in the first half.
    However we turned it around in the second, i think without the sending off we would have got the 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, we were dire in the first half. Marsen is right, we're starting games very sluggishly, particularly the 7.15pm starts.

On the plus side, we had plenty of good throughpasses paid and could've won it, but while going 2 down is very poor, getting back on level terms and then looking like we could win it is no bad thing. So a decent enough second half, we certainly sharpened up and started fighting harder for the ball. We really need lads to take responsibility for communicating to each other more - letting them know what you're seeing can help them make better decisions quicker.

We played the ball out via short kicks/throws much more than recently, so that was something taken onboard from last week, though I put my hands up that we still didn't win enough headers from goal kicks. While we may want to play it short often, reality is in practice there'll be 20 odd kickouts in any game whether we like it or not, and we're simply not winning enough of those in midfield. So all the midfielders and strikers need to focus on ensuring we win a higher percentage of those kickouts than we're currently winning. Losing so many of them as we are at the moment just gives the opposition more easy possession and puts us on the back foot. Gain equality in winning headers and we'll start getting much more quality go-forward possession that we can then kick-start our passing game.

• Advertisement

Good job, sounds like you battled and got back on level terms.

Hoping to be back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

a good fightback but we were lucky we have to start being more disciplined thats 3 yellows in 6 games it leaves us on the backfoot pretty bad we conceded our second when we went down to 10 yesterday, ball alley next week tough game hopefully we get back to winning ways, a quick look at them yesterday seems like they can play out from the back pretty effectively we will have to come up with a way to counter that.

mrDerek wrote: »
    a good fightback but we were lucky we have to start being more disciplined thats 3 yellows in 6 games it leaves us on the backfoot pretty bad we conceded our second when we went down to 10 yesterday, ball alley next week tough game hopefully we get back to winning ways, a quick look at them yesterday seems like they can play out from the back pretty effectively we will have to come up with a way to counter that.

Who got sent off....

That's easy press higher up the pitch and forwards split out to full backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Who got sent off....

That's easy press higher up the pitch and forwards split out to full backs.

Even though you weren't playing i assumed it still must have been you...somehow. :/

Mousewar wrote: »
    Even though you weren't playing i assumed it still must have been you...somehow. :/

funny funny bali boy...

Advertisement