Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCad puzzle.

Options
  • 13-05-2013 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

How do you draw this in autocad?

253605.JPG

Only have AutoCAD 2005 btw (hanging head in shame...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

What's it supposed to be firstly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Part of a site. The rest is even more complicated, should be able to do it if I can do the first bit I'm thinking ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

You could do it old skool with a bit of trigonometry and a calculator to get your angles.

It's a feckin awkward yoke isn't it?

I've it drawn here on mine (2011) and it's not adding up at all, does it taper in or anything?

It's a feckin awkward yoke isn't it?

I've it drawn here on mine (2011) and it's not adding up at all, does it taper in or anything?

It was done with a surveyors tape (50m) so should be fairly accurate.

That said, I did not do it but I know the guy and I'd trust his measurements normally...

• Advertisement

pmcmahon wrote: »
    You could do it old skool with a bit of trigonometry and a calculator to get your angles.

No way of making AutoCAD do this? The other measurements are much more complex ;-)

cgarrad wrote: »
    It was done with a surveyors tape (50m) so should be fairly accurate.

That said, I did not do it but I know the guy and I'd trust his measurements normally...

It doesn't match up, I'd measure it yourself again, just to be sure, can never trust surveyors in my opinion

But does the site taper in or anything like that? or is it just a rectangle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

cgarrad wrote: »
    No way of making AutoCAD do this? The other measurements are much more complex ;-)

Not that i'm aware of,though i'm by no means a CAD expert :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I'd draw the bottom line 9400 first.
    Then centre a circle at each end, radius 12550 on the left and 17650 on the right then osnap a line from the left end of the first line to the intersection of the circles. delete the circles. Left perimeter done.
    Repeat for the 12000 & 13950 dims and you have the right perimeter.
    Osnap a line from the ends for the lane perimeter and if its 5650 the surveys good.

There's probably a quicker way but I'm old school.

Used this to get the angles

http://ostermiller.org/calc/triangle.html

Back in 10 ;-)

• Advertisement

Cedrus wrote: »
    Then centre a circle at each end, radius 12550 on the left and 17650 on the right then osnap a line from the left end of the first line to the intersection of the circles. delete the circles. Left perimeter done.
    Osnap a line from the ends for the lane perimeter and if its 5650 the surveys good.

Great idea ;-)

Not too bad but not correct.

Other ones are not possible without more measurements though.

No DWG support so zipped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Cedrus wrote: »

^^This is the correct way to do it.

It looks to me like you need more diagonals on the survey, and, if it's three parts of the same field, you need some diagonals to tie the individual parts together. If not you'll carry errors from one section of the survey to the next, and the survey won't line up correctly.

Incidentally, when I draw the first part starting from the 9400 dimension and working anticlockwise, I'm getting a 100mm error when I close the perimeter and check the last diagonal - that's not too bad for a survey done with a tape - you'll rarely get a taped survey to close completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

Supertech wrote: »
    ^^This is the correct way to do it.

It looks to me like you need more diagonals on the survey, and, if it's three parts of the same field, you need some diagonals to tie the individual parts together. If not you'll carry errors from one section of the survey to the next, and the survey won't line up correctly.

Incidentally, when I draw the first part starting from the 9400 dimension and working anticlockwise, I'm getting a 100mm error when I close the perimeter and check the last diagonal - that's not too bad for a survey done with a tape - you'll rarely get a taped survey to close completely.

Exactly, I'm getting a 100mm error which is remarakably accurate on a 9.5m measurement (1% error)

Homework attached.

Thanks all, circles is obviously the way to go.

Not perfect but close enough ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

An easy way to solve something like this is to use parametric CAD like FreeCAD or get familiar with parametric constrains in AutoCAD

Advertisement