Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost Docket

• 21-04-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question lads, few months back I placed a bet on Dortmund to win the champions lge but I lost the docket, what happens now can I rewrite it out and the bet will still be on??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

bookies should have a copy, go in and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Go in and tell them. They may get you to write it out again and re-scan it incase the original is attempted to be claimed should Dortmund win the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Okay thanks lads.

Just an update on this I went into the shop I did the bet in and explained the situation, she had a trawl through the computer but said she couldn't find it??? She said that she would have a proper look for me if they end up winning the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just an update on this I went into the shop I did the bet in and explained the situation, she had a trawl through the computer but said she couldn't find it??? She said that she would have a proper look for me if they end up winning the competition.

I'd go in again. I'd rather have the docket before they win (and hoping they do!!!) But yeah, I've lost dockets twice before, and both times the shop were able to help me.

• Advertisement

I'd go in again. I'd rather have the docket before they win (and hoping they do!!!) But yeah, I've lost dockets twice before, and both times the shop were able to help me.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah exactly what I was thinking I would much rather the docket in my hand watching the final knowing I don't have to go through all this malark if they end up winning it. I am going to head down later and see what they say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

go in and rewrite the bet.........she should be able to match the hand writing.............what a lazy hag.......no probs taking your money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's going to be a pain in the hole for them, do you have an idea of what date you did it

UrbanSea wrote: »
    It's going to be a pain in the hole for them, do you have an idea of what date you did it

Haven't had the chance to go down again yet, I am pretty sure it was on a Sunday I placed the bet and they were 9/1 at the time so I would say around November/December.

Went down this morning, after about 45 minute wait she couldn't find the docket, I am pretty sure I done the bet around November/December but she said all bets have been settled in that period and that she couldnt find it in January either. She said I needed the date I put the bet on :confused::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Went down this morning, after about 45 minute wait she couldn't find the docket, I am pretty sure I done the bet around November/December but she said all bets have been settled in that period and that she couldnt find it in January either. She said I needed the date I put the bet on :confused::rolleyes:

Gringo,
    If they are an small independent bookies, the chances are, the cashier cleared in out of the system when settling old manual bets on the presumption that if it was unclaimed it was a loser (not realising it was a long-term bet).

If you know the stake and the date it would narrow it down to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

go in and rewrite the bet.........she should be able to match the hand writing.............what a lazy hag.......no probs taking your money

:( A bit unfair. All the OP had to do was not lose the docket.

Advertisement