Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If anyone has either Arkham asylum or Bioshock 1 keys they don't need, I would appreciate it. I had on physical media once upon a time but alas, no longer.

Ofcourse, I have and love their sequels buts it would be lovely to play them again. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Kirby wrote: »
    If anyone has either Arkham asylum or Bioshock 1 keys they don't need, I would appreciate it. I had on physical media once upon a time but alas, no longer.

Ofcourse, I have and love their sequels buts it would be lovely to play them again. Cheers. :)

Kirby, if you don't get a Bioshock key I have a physical copy here I can drop in the post to you. Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

James74 wrote: »
    Kirby, if you don't get a Bioshock key I have a physical copy here I can drop in the post to you. Let me know.

Damn, that's sound of you :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kirby wrote: »

Arkham Asylum used Games for Windows Live, the key should have been saved on that account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I actually have the opposite problem, in that I definitely own the original bioshock collectors edition (tin case, little statue, etc), but I think since I bought it I reformatted my PC and possibly lost the manual (where the key would be printed).

So as far as I can tell, I have no CD key, and the game doesn't regard my reformatted PC as the original authorised one, so I have no idea how to play my genuinely purchased game.

Or I might just be a massive PC noob...

• Advertisement

I actually have the opposite problem, in that I definitely own the original bioshock collectors edition (tin case, little statue, etc), but I think since I bought it I reformatted my PC and possibly lost the manual (where the key would be printed).

So as far as I can tell, I have no CD key, and the game doesn't regard my reformatted PC as the original authorised one, so I have no idea how to play my genuinely purchased game.

Just do what I did. Install off of the Disc and then get a no code hack online. Works a treat.

If Kirby doesn't want it I'll pm you the key from the back of the manual.

That's hugely generous but I couldn't let you do that. Steam codes are a lot easier to "post" than to actually POST something. :P

I've beaten it a dozen times anyway, it would just be nice to have it again. I lost a lot of discs that I kept in a leather folder and Bioshock was one of them. I should have just left it in its case in the first place. It came in a nice metal one if memory serves.

Edit: UberPrinny hit the nail on the head. It was a tin case that came with a Big Daddy model. He was the business. His drill arm broke off on mine and he looked just as menacing. :p

And james, you should do that. He has the disc already so it makes the most sense to give him the key :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

pm Sent lol.

Thanks again mate.

Just to let everyone else know, muppetkiller kindly pm'd me a code for King Arthur 2. :)

My faith in gamingdom has been restored by this thread. We are not all t-bagging morons after all! :P

• Advertisement

Ah it's grand, had already completed it on PS3 when the good lady bought it for me. Knee deep in BS Infinite as the minute so I don't think it will ever see the light of day again. Might as well find a home somewhere. :)

Plus I want to add to my positive karma in this thread 'cause there's some great people here being madly generous and I don't want to feel like I'm abusing the thread if I see something I want.

baal, if you want the manual code pm me.

I'm on my second playthrough of Infinite at the moment. Very enjoyable the second time round as you know the score and get all the subtle nods that you miss the first time through. It's fun to use different weapons and vigors too. On my original, I just used Crows and Shock and never touched anything else. Going with bucking bronco and the Flame one this time. Great fun.

Anyway, enough bioshock. Different thread for that.

MOAR free games!11!!1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You talking about Bishkek 1? I think I got a key for it spare. You want it?

If Kirby doesn't want it I'll pm you the key from the back of the manual.
    You talking about Bishkek 1? I think I got a key for it spare. You want it?

Yeah Byohschok won.

Thanks for the offers of keys guys, but I'd rather figure out how to get my legitimately purchased physical copy working before taking a key away from someone else.

Seems silly to me that I bought a game new/full price I can't play, I hope I can solve that problem on my own.

Yeah Byohschok won.

Thanks for the offers of keys guys, but I'd rather figure out how to get my legitimately purchased physical copy working before taking a key away from someone else.

Seems silly to me that I bought a game new/full price I can't play, I hope I can solve that problem on my own.

Sorry man. Fecking spell checker! :D

You helped me a lot in monster Hunter 3, it would be only fair if I could you pay back in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Maybe mentioned already but Monster Burner is free at the moment on windows phone, and it has achievements :)

Sorry man. Fecking spell checker! :D

You helped me a lot in monster Hunter 3, it would be only fair if I could you pay back in some way.

Thanks man,

If you want to load that key into a heavy bowgun of appropriate shot and clip capacity, and fire it in my direction (while accounting for deviation and compacted range), I would definitely appreciate it.

And sure, if I can get my own working without it, I'll return it to you. Assuming of course that you neglected recoil reduction, and didn't have a shield affixed to your barrel; thereby making you vunerable to my counter attack.

:pac:

Thanks man,

If you want to load that key into a heavy bowgun of appropriate shot and clip capacity, and fire it in my direction (while accounting for deviation and compacted range), I would definitely appreciate it.

And sure, if I can get my own working without it, I'll return it to you. Assuming of course that you neglected recoil reduction, and didn't have a shield affixed to your barrel; thereby making you vunerable to my counter attack.

:pac:

Pmed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Limericks wrote: »
    Third and last freebie by me tonight as I need my beauty sleep.

Rift base game + storm legion expansion + 30 days game time.

First to quote this post gets it.

Terms:
    100 posts minimum
    3 Months membership minimum
    Must use my referral link when signing up to the game if you are using it on a new account.

GO!

Still not claimed.

More giveaways coming up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tinie wrote: »
    I have an extra code for Toy soldiers on xbox live. First to quote this post gets it.

My nephew redeemed the code there today, thanks again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this thread should have been set up ages ago as I have been giving my codes away on steamgifts which wasn't great as I gave away 41 games and only won 3 back
    this is what you could have won here :D

Flotilla
    Metal Drift
    Post Mortem
    Warlock - Master of the Arcane
    A Game of Dwarves
    Syberia II
    Syberia
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Splice
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    Cubemen
    SpaceChem
    Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
    Broken Sword: Director's Cut
    Dungeon Defenders
    Fantasy Wars
    Cryostasis
    Uplink
    Two Worlds II
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    Toy Soldiers
    Trauma
    Grotesque Tactics 2 Dungeons and Donuts
    Dead Horde
    Stellar Impact
    Painkiller: Black Edition
    Magicka
    Trine
    Machinarium
    Eufloria
    Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
    Supreme Commander 2
    Hitman: Blood Money
    PAYDAY The Heist
    Dota 2 (2 Copies)
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Half-Life 2: Episode One
    Half-Life 2
    Nuclear Dawn

OK Bully take them away!
    wah wha wha wawha

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Any chance of company Of heroes please? Have a few Arma 3 Alpha Lites.
    EDIT nevermind... Teaser

Skerries wrote: »
    this thread should have been set up ages ago as I have been giving my codes away on steamgifts which wasn't great as I gave away 41 games and only won 3 back

Flotilla
    Metal Drift
    Post Mortem
    A Game of Dwarves
    Syberia II
    Syberia
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Splice
    Cubemen
    SpaceChem
    Dungeon Defenders
    Fantasy Wars
    Cryostasis
    Uplink
    Two Worlds II
    Toy Soldiers
    Trauma
    Dead Horde
    Stellar Impact
    Magicka
    Trine
    Machinarium
    Eufloria
    Supreme Commander 2
    PAYDAY The Heist
    Dota 2 (2 Copies)
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Half-Life 2
    Nuclear Dawn

OK Bully take them away!
    wah wha wha wawha

Payday heist or warlock? may I?

edit: should have read the post it self lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Skerries wrote: »

Flotilla
    Metal Drift
    Post Mortem
    A Game of Dwarves
    Syberia II
    Syberia
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Splice
    Cubemen
    SpaceChem
    Dungeon Defenders
    Fantasy Wars
    Cryostasis
    Uplink
    Two Worlds II
    Toy Soldiers
    Trauma
    Dead Horde
    Stellar Impact
    Magicka
    Trine
    Machinarium
    Eufloria
    Supreme Commander 2
    PAYDAY The Heist
    Dota 2 (2 Copies)
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Half-Life 2
    Nuclear Dawn

OK Bully take them away!
    wah wha wha wawha

Typical! always a car when you lose but something crap like a holiday to somewhere fairly local when you win.

Ah well, there's always the BFH.... Bus Fare Home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

ArmA: Cold War Assault on Steam.

PM me your Steam Account name before 10 and I'll pick randomly from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

simon360 wrote: »
    Any chance of company Of heroes please? Have a few Arma 3 Alpha Lites.
    EDIT nevermind... Teaser

Company of Heroes.
    Quick point.

As THQ is gone and Relic got bought all Company of heroes services are being moved to Steam. If you have an old key for company of heroes it'll work on steam now; old retail boxed copies of COH are now steam activatable.

I got a few copies of this game, my steam account has the copy from before this that I got off the humble bundle and I gave away a few others already ( 2 COH, 1 OF, 1 ToV).

I've sadly nothing to offer you but someone here may be in a position to if they can find the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Quite a few unredeemed humble indie bundle codes here. Any which have a group of games listed is all those games. The ones which say 'Humble Indie Bundle #' are whatever games were in that bundle, you'll need to google it.

Rules are as follows:
    First to quote the name of their desired game / key gets it
    Must have joined boards before May 2013
    Must have 20 posts
    One game / key per person, unless there are any left on Sunday night, in which case it's a free for all.

Whoever quotes in time following the rules, PM me and I'll send the steam key.

Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key
    Crayon Physics Deluxe Steam Key
    Cogs Steam Key
    Avadon: The Black Fortress Steam Key
    Gish Steam Key

Atom Zombie Smasher Steam Key Going to Wossack when the website stops acting up
    World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE Steam Key Gone to ionapaul
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key Gone to ussjtrunks
    Machinarium Steam Key Gone to Falthyron
    Swords & Soldiers HD Steam Key Gone to Digitalism
    Zen Bound 2 Steam Key Gone to Propane Nightmare
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key Gone to ShiverinEskimo
    Splice Steam Key Gone to taytotheif
    Cortex Command Steam Key Gone to Phobious
    Humble Indie Bundle #1 Steam Key Gone to Mickeroo
    Cortex Command Steam Key Gone to Skerries
    SpaceChem Steam Key Gone to DeSelby83
    Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key Gone to Blatter

Duplicates above aren't a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

TPD wrote: »
    Quite a few unredeemed humble indie bundle codes here. Any which have a group of games listed is all those games. The ones which say 'Humble Indie Bundle #' are whatever games were in that bundle, you'll need to google it.

Rules are as follows:
    Must have 20 posts
    One game / key per person, unless there are any left on Sunday night, in which case it's a free for all.

World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE Steam Key
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key
    Machinarium Steam Key
    Cogs Steam Key
    Swords & Soldiers HD Steam Key
    Zen Bound 2 Steam Key
    Splice Steam Key
    Atom Zombie Smasher Steam Key
    Cortex Command Steam Key
    Humble Indie Bundle #1 Steam Key
    Cortex Command Steam Key
    SpaceChem Steam Key
    Gish Steam Key
    Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key

Duplicates above aren't a mistake.

You, sir, are a scholar and a saint.

I would love the Splice key if possible. I'm sure I can offer something in return.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

TPD wrote: »

Rules are as follows:
    Must have 20 posts

World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE Steam Key
    Machinarium Steam Key
    Cogs Steam Key
    Swords & Soldiers HD Steam Key
    Zen Bound 2 Steam Key
    Splice Steam Key