Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I have a copy of Bioshock on Steam available - Gone

Also (possibly)have a copy of Rome:Total War also on Steam. I say possibly as I have it from PC gamer so need to actually find it - Gone

So 1 game per poster and whoever quotes the post first gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sekerali

Dacelonid wrote: »
    I have a copy of Bioshock on Steam available

Also (possibly)have a copy of Rome:Total War also on Steam. I say possibly as I have it from PC gamer so need to actually find it

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    email: <SNIP>
    STEAM: Sekerali

Bioshock pweeze

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't post your email address in a public forum....

Mr E wrote: »
    Don't post your email address in a public forum....

sowwy

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Also (possibly)have a copy of Rome:Total War also on Steam. I say possibly as I have it from PC gamer so need to actually find it

Much appreciate your copy of total war if you still have it dude :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'll take Bioshock if you still have it...

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I'll take Bioshock if you still have it...

thats a bit rude...
    you can see i asked first

Sekerali wrote: »
    thats a bit rude...

I think joining a site and begging for every game offered is slightly ruder. You've contributed absolutely nothing of note to the site and to expect preferential treatment is a little egotistical.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

thats a bit rude...

Ah piss off, will ya. You signed up 5 minutes ago just to ask for free keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

thats a bit rude...

I reckon it's more rude to create an account to ask for free games on two different platforms in the space of an hour. But, what do I know? :P

Care to offer a free game in return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Dont Starve - Steam OR Chrome Browser Key your choice.

100 posts , 3 months, female, will have to milk my cows once a week for a month, and do my Ironing butt naked.

( ok maybe not the last 3 but be quick )

platinums wrote: »
    Dont Starve - Steam OR Chrome Browser Key your choice.

100 posts , 3 months, female, will have to milk my cows once a week for a month, and do my Ironing butt naked.

( ok maybe not the last 3 but be quick )

I'm interested in the Steam key. Should be able to find something to gift back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

looks like it will let me have the Chrome Keys too for same as above,

2 on offer, be quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Just a thought - you have to apply for access to the soccer forum before being able to post. Is that an option here (to prevent people joining boards simply to scrounge), or would it be too much hassle for mods? Just curious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just a thought - you have to apply for access to the soccer forum before being able to post. Is that an option here (to prevent people joining boards simply to scrounge), or would it be too much hassle for mods? Just curious.

It can't be done per thread, it would have be done per forum, and that would be lots of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Spear wrote: »
    It can't be done per thread, it would have be done per forum, and that would be lots of hassle.
    Fair enough, thanks for answering.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pardon mon ignorance but what are les chrome keys?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'm not looking to correct you or argue or anything but there was an invite only thread for the discussion on the controversial TV3 show Psychic Readings live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

GarIT wrote: »
    I'm not looking to correct you or argue or anything but there was an invite only thread for the discussion on the controversial TV3 show Psychic Readings live.

And that was by manual invitation and moderation, not by thread level permissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

And that was by manual invitation and moderation, not by thread level permissions.

Can't that be done then? It's the same thing just a different method.

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    Can't that be done then? It's the same thing just a different method.

Look there is no need for crap like that. Just leave the thread as it is and let people post up what they have and if some randomer wants to join the site and beg for games then so be it. If people want to give them games then it hardly affects the rest of us.

Aww c'mon.
    Where'd be the fun in having this place isolated from randomers?
    Stuff like what muppetkiller achieved today would be impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

A late night giveaway and a cracking game to giveaway too so lets make it fun.

The game is Monaco on steam a massively fun coop game. As it is a brand new game I will not just be giving it away very easily.

To get it you must match the following terms

350 posts minimum 6 months membership minimum
    OR
    150 posts minimum and 18 months membership minimum
    Have a steam acccount.
    One entry per person, multiple entries will disqualify you. first guess is set in stone, no changing your mind.

To be in with a chance to grab this great game all you have to do is PM me a number 1-25

Whoever guesses it will get the game.

Now... GO!

(I am going to sleep very soon so if it is not guessed by the time my head hits the pillow I will check again in the morning and see if anyone has gotten it. First person to have guessed gets it)

EDIT: Gone to to Almighty Cushion. The number was 13 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

I'm tempted to start giving away games to people with under 300 posts.

taytothief wrote: »
    I'm tempted to start giving away games to people with under 300 posts.

Seeing as you're here since 2009 i'll make an exception to you if you want to enter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Limericks wrote: »
    Seeing as you're here since 2009 i'll make an exception to you if you want to enter :)

I already have it :pac:
    Cheers anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Crash Course 2 was released recently as a free game on xbox live. Downloaded but haven't yet played it. Thought the first one was decent enough craic to play with a few mates.

Third and last freebie by me tonight as I need my beauty sleep.

Rift base game + storm legion expansion + 30 days game time.

First to quote this post gets it.

Terms:
    100 posts minimum
    3 Months membership minimum
    Must use my referral link when signing up to the game if you are using it on a new account.

GO!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks for the game, Limericks. I'll leave this one for someone else. :)

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    Third and last freebie by me tonight as I need my beauty sleep.

Rift base game + storm legion expansion + 30 days game time.

First to quote this post gets it.

Terms:
    100 posts minimum
    3 Months membership minimum
    Must use my referral link when signing up to the game if you are using it on a new account.

GO!

Don't want the game as I already got two awesome freebies lately. But, seriously man you're far too generous.
    I just want bragging rights to first post.:D

Edit : Shakes fist at Cushion. (Why did I type so much crap? )

Advertisement