Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stange and wonderful things you notice about star trek

• 18-04-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

Ive been tearing through TNG recently and Ive noticed a couple of things...

The foley artists use the exact same sounds of clinking glasses everytimeb the crew is in ten forward or a holodeck bar. I keep thinking its my doorbell ringing and I have to stop myself getting up.

another one is the fact that the music for the end credits is way louder than the volume of the episode, and sometimes it startles me. manys a time ive fallen asleep through one or two or more episodes and have woken up with a jump to the words 'producer WENDY NEUSS'.

sorry if this are silly but they are just a few of the things that I think for me make the series more unique.

anyone else notice this or notice similar things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That ship death animation that popped up in every large battle of DS9 involving the dominion. You know the one.

A phaser beam originates from the bottom of the screen and blows a hole through the saucer section of the ship......and the ship flips over towards to camera. They must have used it four times in total. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The slight blue light to the bottom corner of the screen for the TNG credits, wonder what that is and why it's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The slight blue light to the bottom corner of the screen for the TNG credits, wonder what that is and why it's there.

My God what is that thing...I've noticed it for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

lmao I've never noticed that before! I went onto YouTube looked and saw it.
    I bet now I'll never not be able to notice it!

crazyderk wrote: »
    lmao I've never noticed that before! I went onto YouTube looked and saw it.
    I bet now I'll never not be able to notice it!

You should have ran while you still could...your doomed now :(

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    My God what is that thing...I've noticed it for years

I think it might be the light they shine on the credits to make them blue? I think it's absent in the digitally remastered episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

I think it might be the light they shine on the credits to make them blue? I think it's absent in the digitally remastered episodes.

Yeah, it's gone from the remastered version. I always wondered what caused it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Looks like the light from the blue text reflecting or bleeding on to the stars layer but that's just a guess, yeah went on to youtube to see and instantly remembered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Strange things - Patrick Stewert in very tight shorts in the ep Captain's Holiday! - very weird. :D

Watching the episode Remember Me S4 of TNG - Why dont they have security cameras on the Enterprise, or any other starship for that matter???

Crusher's friend is beamed aboard and then something happens and she is the only one who can remember him. Nobody else does, including Chief O'Brien who beamed him aboard. Surely it would be easier to check the security cameras in the transporter room for the arrival of the man, instead of relying on O'Brien's recollection of the event.

baffling.

• Advertisement

SarahBM wrote: »
    Watching the episode Remember Me S4 of TNG - Why dont they have security cameras on the Enterprise, or any other starship for that matter???

Crusher's friend is beamed aboard and then something happens and she is the only one who can remember him. Nobody else does, including Chief O'Brien who beamed him aboard. Surely it would be easier to check the security cameras in the transporter room for the arrival of the man, instead of relying on O'Brien's recollection of the event.

baffling.

I think sensors & sensor logs superceded camera really, & besides...the camera would have shown no beam in either ;)

I think sensors & sensor logs superceded camera really, & besides...the camera would have shown no beam in either ;)

BUT the camera would have seen the guy beam aboard!!! get me???
    Sensor logs dont "see" the people, if you know what I mean.

Although I cant imagine Worf going through hours of security footage in order to catch someone in the act. That sort of thing could make a Klingon very mad indeed.

BUT the camera would have seen the guy beam aboard!!! get me???

He didn't beam aboard though. His existence from the universe had been erased, so anything he ever said & done never actually happened. Lest you forget, Chief O'Brien 'seen' him beam aboard, & after the warp bubble, he had no memory of the event because it had been erased/never happened.

Picard also never got the passenger request that Crusher sent him, his belongings were no longer in his room, & the computer had no record of him. These wern't simply forgotten details, they are details that once erased, never actually happened.
    Sensor logs dont "see" the people, if you know what I mean.

No but the transporter would have recorded the beam in, who it was, who beamed him in, time/place etc. All this info was invalid, as the man was erased from existence. As I said above, O'Brien seen him at one point & even said hello to him. That didn't mean a damn after the warp bubble expanded though

He didn't beam aboard though. His existence from the universe had been erased, so anything he ever said & done never actually happened. Lest you forget, Chief O'Brien 'seen' him beam aboard, & after the warp bubble, he had no memory of the event because it had been erased/never happened.

Picard also never got the passenger request that Crusher sent him, his belongings were no longer in his room, & the computer had no record of him. These wern't simply forgotten details, they are details that once erased, never actually happened.

No but the transporter would have recorded the beam in, who it was, who beamed him in, time/place etc. All this info was invalid, as the man was erased from existence. As I said above, O'Brien seen him at one point & even said hello to him. That didn't mean a damn after the warp bubble expanded though

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I just wanted cameras. way to go and rain on my parade :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I just wanted cameras. way to go and rain on my parade :(

Ok ok if it makes you feel any better, the Enterprise did have cameras. Check out The Drumhead. The explosion in engineering was caught on camera :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Just spotted this today. Crazy leg-over-backrest sitting action from Cmdr. Riker.

Lol thats pretty funny :p I noticed him do it once or twice in the ready room but never that much

that crazy leg thing is just brilliant!!! LMFAO!!!

@enternow :P right back attcha!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Every fight has to involve putting your hands together and knocking the enemy out with a 2 handed fist.

Haha, that'd be interesting, the fighting styles of star trek characters. Kirk would be the unbeatable champion. Did Riker not use the face punch aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Haha, that'd be interesting, the fighting styles of star trek characters. Kirk would be the unbeatable champion. Did Riker not use the face punch aswell?

Data would punch Kirks head off.

Literally. :p

Riker got owned in this scene by the wrist punch

IvySlayer wrote: »

haha, I always find that scene amusing for some reason, the wrist punch is a better way of describing it. I dont think Data would win though, Kirk would defeat him by making a rudimentary gunpowder cannon or frying his circuits with a logical paradox. Kirk just cant lose, he has Kirk luck and ingenuity which will always see him win the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

IvySlayer wrote: »

ya see a female science officer throwing a nice right hook too :D

and janny mack does Chief O'Brien kick some arse :) who knew Miles had it in him LOL

Something strange and wonderful I have noticed watching back TNG - the hair. Everyone either has massive hair (Troi for example) or is bald/has their hair gelled to their head. Mad. You would think that id they have gel in the 23rd century, that they would have anti-frizz shampoo as well. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Why would Starfleet make Troi a Lt Cmdr without having a balls notion how to even work the helm.....Lt maybe but Lt Cmdr???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭liamtech

Wesley Crusher :D

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I never noticed this, but Riker even makes sitting down look badass :P

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kurn

No one, has ever once gone to the toilet.

Excuse me while I go to the little girls room - said no one in Starfleet EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

johnmryan wrote: »
    No one, has ever once gone to the toilet.

Oh they did. In one of the films First Contact Geordi was following the guy who invented Warp Drive around and he wanted to go for a leak!

Advertisement