Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wentworth [Soho - AU]

• 02-05-2013 12:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Some new version of Prisoner Cell Block H

http://wentworth.sohotv.com.au/

We all know Bea Smith ruled Wentworth Detention Centre. She was gutsy and fearless. But who was Bea Smith before prison? How did a wife and mother from the suburbs become a top dog without rival? Where did the confidence and fortitude come from that enabled her to get there, and what injustices and misadventures fuelled her determination to do it? Wentworth is a dynamic, often confronting, drama series that begins with Bea’s early days in prison. Set in the present day, it’s a modern re-imagination of Prisoner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I can't see it having the cult following that P:CBH has, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Prisoner Cell Block H was awesome telly..

.. this just looks like a cash-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oz version of Bad Girls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭gazzer

Has anybody been watching this? Its a brilliant show and a not a shaky wall in sight :D Im up to episode 9 now. Its a very dark and violent show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just watched the first episode. Seriously good TV. If you're not hooked by that fantastic final sequence (from the fight onward), then there is something wrong with you. :)

10 episodes in total and all have aired in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oz version of Bad Girls

Bad Girls was the UK version of Prisoner.

brian_t wrote: »
    And coming to Channel 5 in the Autumn.

Starts on Wednesday 28th August @ 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭delboy85

Really looking forward to this especially as it seems to have been very well received.

delboy85 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this especially as it seems to have been very well received.

It is really really good. I watched all 10 episodes in the space of a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

TV3 acquired it for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭pooch90

I've watched all of Season 1 now. Really liked it. Used to watch Prisoner with my mam when I was younger. This doesn't feel like just a cash in. Watchable even if you didn't watch PCBH. Would love to watch the old ones again.
    Roll on Season 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Rainbow_Bright

pooch90 wrote: »
    I've watched all of Season 1 now. Really liked it. Used to watch Prisoner with my mam when I was younger. This doesn't feel like just a cash in. Watchable even if you didn't watch PCBH. Would love to watch the old ones again.
    Roll on Season 2!

You can watch the older eps on YouTube . :) I'm working my way through them .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Never watched Prisoner: Cell Block H but loved the first episode the other night. Hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I've recorded these from Channel 5 since in started in August and binged on five episodes yesterday while sprawled on the sofa eating chocolate! This is a seriously good show and some of the characters (particularly Franky) are just brilliant. Can't wait to see what happens! Has a second series been commissioned does anyone know? I do hope so, this has far exceeded my expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

evilivor wrote: »
    TV3 acquired it for Ireland.

Do you know what nights TV3 are showing this?
    I had no idea TV3 were showing this as well.

Seasan wrote: »

They haven't announced an air-date yet.

Merkin wrote: »
    I've recorded these from Channel 5 since in started in August and binged on five episodes yesterday while sprawled on the sofa eating chocolate! This is a seriously good show and some of the characters (particularly Franky) are just brilliant. Can't wait to see what happens! Has a second series been commissioned does anyone know? I do hope so, this has far exceeded my expectations.

Yes there is a second series. I think they started filiming it this month. They have also cast
    The Freak

• Registered Users Posts: 84,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seasan wrote: »

brian_t wrote: »
    Wentworth starts on TV3 on Monday 23rd June at 10pm

;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Tonight on TV3 at 10pm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I missed the first few mins of it - thought it was really good - have series linked it.

silly wrote: »
    I missed the first few mins of it.

If you are referring to TV3 then it is repeated on Sunday evenings at 11.25pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

Season 2 on TV3

I missed it on Monday night, didn't know it was back!

TV3 Player has it airing on Monday night, but looking at the listing it wasn't on.

Lucky it's been repeated/shown tomorrow night!

I don't see it listed for next Monday, so what night of the week are they showing it?

From a TV3 Press release, Thursday Night is the Night it is on.

I edited my post!

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bit of a hidden gem this one. It's on American netflix.

Really addictive show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tafkach

I caught this by accident the other night.. It was quite good, but some bits didnt have much credibility... The old woman who runs the jail was just laughable, and her ordering the other prisoners around like some mafia Don. And the physical fight scenes were not very good either...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

tafkach wrote: »
    I caught this by accident the other night.. It was quite good, but some bits didnt have much credibility... The old woman who runs the jail was just laughable, and her ordering the other prisoners around like some mafia Don. And the physical fight scenes were not very good either...

Her husband is some leader of an organised crime group, and that's how she had power inside. Not sure if you seen the rest of the season, but she has power struggles later on cause of this.

Wentworth Season 3 starting tomorrow night on TV3 at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

It is a good season, already watched all of it by downloading it!

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You're a star, hadn't even seen it advertised. Would hate to miss it! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    You're a star, hadn't even seen it advertised. Would hate to miss it! Thanks :)

No prob!! Only saw it being advertised meself today and then I checked the guide.I'm gonna have to watch it on +1 though coz tis clashing with Aprés Match.

@Corkie,ssssshhh....pleeease don't tell anything,I've already missed most of it on Channel 5!!

Advertisement