Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Voice of Ireland (Season 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

KBNcZ.gif

Brilliant. I needed a good laugh after that shambles of a "win" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

afro man wrote: »
    what the fluck had jamelia to do with him winning !!

Picked him..........and told him he could sing...and then he believed her! Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

LizT wrote: »
    "If I went for a few drinks tonight and I knew you were the winner, I wouldn't feel too bad"

Eh, thanks Bressie?

Guess Bressie doesn't feel too bad now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ah I think Keith has something going for him. He's charismatic on stage and if he works on his diction he could be a really good performer. As I said in an earlier post, I could see him on the West End.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

The people of Ireland are tone deaf and stone deaf.
    I'm off out the window now.

You're taking this steaming dump of RTE **** very serious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid X wrote: »
    Can we all agree, if this show comes back we won't watch it next year?
    Not a chance :p

It's sooooooooooooooooo bad, it's good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Keith got the Bieber age vote, that's just what I think. (Clue: the amount of times Kathryn asked before voting: "Ask the person who pays the phone bill before you phone in" or words to that effect.) The next question is will he do well? I hope he does, the music business is a very tough one.

I love Kelly and her voice - so poignant but I think Shane from Donegal was outstanding tonight.

Who won "The Voice" last year? I could google it but then again what's the point? If the name doesn't stick in your brain, there's no point really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

fair city on now, not getting any better for rte watchers tonight now is it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Will Ferrell is not impressed with the result

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    Picked him..........and told him he could sing...and then he believed her! Unbelievable

ah hello did the contestants not pick their mentors .. if he entered the voice of ireland i think he already knew he could sing :(

• Advertisement

Aineoil wrote: »
    Who won "The Voice" last year? I could google it but then again what's the point? If the name doesn't stick in your brain, there's no point really.

Pat Byrne. The ginger lad with the guitar.

IMO, the outstanding contestant last year was Conor Quinn, but he didn't even get to the final!

ah hello did the contestants not pick their mentors .. if he entered the voice of ireland i think he already knew he could sing :(

Lighten up dude! But if you want to get pedantic - the mentor has to do their selection first. And btw, not every person who enters a singing compo can sing - memories of Brendan Kilkenny anyone?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I guess being 1-3 with the bookies doesn't always mean you'll win.

But, to play devil's advocate here, I'm not at all surprised at this result... and I wouldn't have been at all surprised either if Shane had won.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,479 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm back. I had a soft landing. I landed on top of Jim Power who was passing underneath.

Still now, that was a farce. The Mongan girl was by far the best singer but her followers obviously had no credit to phone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    Lighten up dude! But if you want to get pedantic - the mentor has to do their selection first. And btw, not every person who enters a singing compo can sing - memories of Brendan Kilkenny anyone?!

lighten up dude ! you are watching to much american tv ,, its a tv show all about ratings first. you will always get a few dodgy acts to get people talking to be honest none of the judges have a big imput into there acts the songs are even picked for the acts by the voice every week :D

lighten up dude ! you are watching to much american tv ,, its a tv show all about ratings first. you will always get a few dodgy acts to get people talking to be honest none of the judges have a big imput into there acts the songs are even picked for the acts by the voice every week :D
    'Their' acts, not 'there' acts... so the songs are picked by 'the voice'!!! or is that, The Voice - as in, the programme title. How would that work?

Tedious......not getting into this now. :P

Just thinking, you know the way Traveller women are expected to be housewives after they get married & have kids, and working is frowned upon (well from what I've learned from Big Fat Gypsy Wedding!)... it would be a real shame if Kelly gave up the singing....

Just thinking, you know that way Traveller women are expected to be housewives after they get married & have kids, and working is frowned upon (well from what I've learned from Big Fat Gypsy Wedding!)... it would be a real shame if Kelly gave up the singing....

Well considering she entered the show after she got married and didn't drop out when she found out she was pregnant (if she didn't already know when she auditioned) I doubt that will happen.

I hope she makes a go of it, maybe it's better she didn't win so she can have a few months off with her baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

fair city on now, not getting any better for rte watchers tonight now is it...

Now I have to admit I am a sad, sad TV viewer and RTE have lost me totally during the week. I used to watch the Today Show, well I use the verb 'watched' in a loose way - basically it was on in the background while I was ironing etc....but you get the idea.

Now they have reruns of something they basically broadcast 2 weeks before. Tragically I have had to turn to watching Jeremy Kyle (how he finds these people, god only knows, but they all have very bad teeth, with other personal issues) or TV3 and Judge Judy.

So on an average week it's TV 3, "Jude Judy" by 2 followed by "Come Dine With Me - Ireland". Then it's "The One Show" on BBC then "Eastenders".
    When you are on a roll why waste the effort on pressing the button on the remote.

I watch "Fair City" for the story lines:D and the amazing acting.;) Judith sleeps with her brother-in-law, hmmm.....sound like a Jeremy Kyle show?

Ros na Rún on TG4 is quite good, to tell you the truth.:cool:

Yes I know watching all these soaps is pretty sad - but I have no other option since the government has cut my salary - have to stay in. The lives of people in soaps are worse than mine, so I feel a little smug watching them.

Just joking - a little!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Cheesiest moment on Irish TV ever??

Edit: Just realised I'm watching on +1 :o

• Advertisement

Thinking back, it was pretty bad the way Kelly was just ushered off the stage after Keith won, not even a round of applause or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought the result was unbelievable. That he won was unbelievable. That Kelly lost was unbelievable. Just unbelievable really. Unbelievable.

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought the result was unbelievable. That he won was unbelievable. That Kelly lost was unbelievable. Just unbelievable really. Unbelievable.

Would love to see the voting stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I guess being 1-3 with the bookies doesn't always mean you'll win.

But, to play devil's advocate here, I'm not at all surprised at this result... and I wouldn't have been at all surprised either if Shane had won.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;);)

You're a hard man to surprise, GHG!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

what the fluck had jamelia to do with him winning !!

She was his coach/mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pat Byrne. The ginger lad with the guitar.

IMO, the outstanding contestant last year was Conor Quinn, but he didn't even get to the final!

He was in the final last year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He was in the final last year :confused:

He wasn't, 'twas Richie Hayes and Vanessa whelan.

Hangs head in shame for remembering this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Skid X wrote: »
    You're a hard man to surprise, GHG!

Well, it can't be denied that it's de rigueur for at least one bad act to go a long way on a cheesy, outright downmarket phone-and-vote talent show.

*wags finger also at X Factor UK and the All-Ireland Talent Show, while nodding appreciatively at more upmarket shows like the ones on TG4 and, of course, The Voice UK*

And such is the cheesiness and outright downmarketness of this show - no matter what Jamelia did - that it was no surprise at all to see two bad acts make the final.

And even when Kelly was odds-on with the bookmakers, the possibility of Keith or Shane winning was never too remote...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Rfrip wrote: »
    He wasn't, 'twas Richie Hayes and Vanessa whelan.

Hangs head in shame for remembering this

Yeah, The last week of 2012 was Pat Byrne, Richie Hayes, Vanessa Whelan and Jim Devine.

They all released songs on Itunes which counted towards the final scores.

More about that 'unforgettable' 2012 final here

http://www.hotpress.com/archive/8881598.html
    Pat Byrne was the favourite going into the final. His single 'What A Wonderful World' hit the Irish singles charts at No.3 this week – suggesting a groundswell of support that would be hard for the other finalists to match. Next in line in chart terms was Richie Hayes, whose single 'One Voice' was at No.23 – a gap in instant popularity that seemed too big to bridge on the night. And so it proved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

keith prob got alot of votes cos of sympathy Eg working with disabled kids. However he is a worthy winner. Seems like he might be gay tho but good performer on stage

Advertisement