Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 problem but NOT ylod

Options
  • 21-04-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

so my cousins ps3 was vertical and it fell and slammed and it was working fine that night until he tried using it the next morning. eventually we got the video working and got some "firmware corrupt" message. so i put the firmware on a usb stick and updated it that way. got to a loading screen and it eventually got t0 100%. ps3 turned off and now we cant get and video or audio. even with the 5 second holding of the standby button. i searched google for the past 2 hours and NOTHING works.

so its not a video settings problem. we pressed start and select on the firmware problem and got to that update process and then it turned off.

controller wont connect even when connected to the ps3.

ok just now ive detirmined that the problem is the "green ligh of death" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9WoarItzg

ive e-mailed a ps3 repair shop in tallaght for a repair price. anyone know any good shops to get it repaired if theyre dodgy? and an estimated price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

has this ever happened to anyone? how much to get it fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Did you get an error message - like a number - when the firmware corrupt message was displayed?
    If so if you happen to know it that would be a great help.

Since the firmware updated it doesn't sound like it is an actual hardware fault as when the ps3 updates the final thing it does is cycle through all the hardware, bluray, power supply, bluetooth and audio/video and perfroms a check on it, if there's a fault it usually doesn't fully update.
    By fault I mean if a connection is loose or damaged btw

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

KeithTS wrote: »
    Did you get an error message - like a number - when the firmware corrupt message was displayed?
    If so if you happen to know it that would be a great help.

Since the firmware updated it doesn't sound like it is an actual hardware fault as when the ps3 updates the final thing it does is cycle through all the hardware, bluray, power supply, bluetooth and audio/video and perfroms a check on it, if there's a fault it usually doesn't fully update.
    By fault I mean if a connection is loose or damaged btw

Where are you based?

got no error code screens. just told me to update the firmware by usb stick. i did that then thats the last time audio/video was seen. im pretty sure its the "green light of death" problem. that shop still didnt email me back yet :(

apparently you can fix it with a soldering iron and 4 pennys but id prefare someone to do it for me. im based in crumlin, dublin

Advertisement