Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks and Spencer €5 Discount on each item

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I don't think there is a hope that they will honour this. I just ordered about 40 items for €40. I could easily have made that 80 or even 400 items for no extra charge. I can only imagine some of the orders that people will put in.

5. Pricing

5.1. M&S use all reasonable efforts to ensure that all pricing information on the Website is correct and up-to-date. If an error occurs and a Product is mispriced, M&S can refuse Your order, as set out above at Section 3.7. M&S is not obliged to supply or deliver any products which are incorrectly priced, as long as payment has not been received from You and has not been processed.

3.7. We may choose, in our sole discretion, not to accept Your order for any reason without liability to You. Examples of when We may not accept Your order include, but are not limited to

If products are shown on the Website but are not available or are incorrectly priced or otherwise incorrectly described;
    If M&S are unable to obtain authorisation of Your payment;
    Incorrect/inaccurate delivery address details being entered; or
    If shipping restrictions apply to particular products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

86 pairs of socks for €24.50 not a Joe Duffy chance in hell this will happen people.....

The worst thing about these 'deals' is the people who try to fight it out for a month afterwards, saying that they are entitled to the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Thanks to the OP for spotting this. I really can't see them honouring it ... but that hasn't stopped me placing an order just in case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I went for a half way order. Some baby clothes sets that were €10.00 direction in the first place and a few bibs / socks. I'm hoping it will still make financial sense for them to honour the order. If they don't I won't be crying to Joe though !

I think anyone with hundreds of pairs of socks for €0.50 each would be very lucky to have the order processed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

For my previous three orders I have receievd an email. Howvere for the latest one no email.

Has this happened to anyone else ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

id be happy to get a 5 off a 35 euro tie I need for a wedding soon but the greedy people have probably spoiled this as usual..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I would normally take a punt on misprices/mistakes but there is no hope in this case. It doesn't even say anywhere on the site that it is €5 off per item when you spend over €35, so people can't say they ordered on that basis. And with practically everyone on the thread admitting to ordering multiples of lower price items I really don't how anyone expects it to be honoured:confused:

dont know why people would be so greedy and order 35 pairs of socks etc.

Little Pea wrote: »
    For my previous three orders I have receievd an email. Howvere for the latest one no email.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Sent in an order now, just in case!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Okay I wasn't exactly ordering 35 pairs of socks and I supposed with people spending something like 80 euro even with the offer, they might take it
    Oh well

Pj! wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

First order 2 ties

Second order : 1 book , coctail shaker , 6 wine glasses.

Third order : 2 pair of socks , 1 pair of shoes.

Not that I have to justify myself to you. I think my orders and slightly difference then somebody been greedy and ordering 35 pairs of socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

M&S have honoured worse mistakes in the past.
    http://www.bitterwallet.com/ms-honour-mispriced-panasonic-tv/53201

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Ogham wrote: »
    M&S have honoured worse mistakes in the past.
    http://www.bitterwallet.com/ms-honour-mispriced-panasonic-tv/53201

Yeah, but that was priced at the £199 on the site. Where on the site does it state €5 off per item when you spend over €35?

The checkout price is displaying with the €5 discount per item .The T&C's don't mention €5 per order - so it could be claimed that we did not know it was a mistake (if it is).... copied from site at 14:00 in case they change it ..

"Get a discount of €5 when you spend €35 across marksandspencer.ie, excluding items in Mid-Season Savings. Offer commences 19/04/2013 and ends 23/04/2013 online only. Discount will be shown at checkout. Please check relevant delivery terms & conditions online. Higher prices applies online for 28 days apart from Women's per una when there was 20% off from 21/03/2013 to 02/04/2013; Women's & Men's Holiday when there was 20% off from 21/03/2013 to 02/04/2013; Men's Suits when there was 20% off from 21/03/2013 to 02/04/2013; Sleepwear when there was 20% off from 21/03/2013 to 02/04/2013; selected Kids clothing when there was 20% off between 21/03/2013 to 02/04/2013. Offer does not apply to delivery charges. Subject to availability. Any refunds will take into account the discount. Offer is valid in the Republic of Ireland only"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't think there's any arguing it. If we get it, great.
    If we don't, we knew it wasn't quite right anyway and that's the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sorcha80

bluewolf wrote: »
    I don't think there's any arguing it. If we get it, great.
    If we don't, we knew it wasn't quite right anyway and that's the end of it
    Totally agree. We're not entitled to it so can't get annoyed if they don't give it. If they do , wonderful!!!
    :D

Has anyone paid by debit card and had the charge deducted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Items under €5 come out as free!!!

No way this is gonna be honoured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

It's good for a laugh anyway. but for those who like to dispute these things, take a look at the two screenshots attached, one is from the M&S website, the second one is from an M&S promotional email I received, does the highlighted term make a difference??

As I said, will be a good laugh anyway, personally I don't have any expectation of an order being honoured, but as they say, if you're not in, you can't win!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

I just received an email from them with the heading-

We have changed your order due to certain items being out of stock. We will refund you the total of these items.

I ordered a few bits, so not sure what was cancelled, I checked on the order tracker but can't work out what they've cancelled.

DConway wrote: »

We have changed your order due to certain items being out of stock. We will refund you the total of these items.

I ordered a few bits, so not sure what was cancelled, I checked on the order tracker but can't work out what they've cancelled.

it is the 40 pairs of socks you ordered. ;)

DConway wrote: »

Just for the lulz I hope they remove all the added (free) items from everyone's orders and just send €35 of goods.
    Would make for an amusing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

It was 5.50 for a 5 pack, had to get the total over €35 so went for 7.

Also - aren't post 14 and 15 in this thread regarding you getting 26 pairs in one of your orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I doubt they will honor these? Especially the items that were free....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

I just couldn't bring myself to order anything for free but did do 2 orders filled with stuff!

Would love this to be honoured, won't be holding my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

I think they fixed this now as I got a maintenance screen a few moments ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

"5.1. M&S use all reasonable efforts to ensure that all pricing information on the Website is correct and up-to-date. If an error occurs and a Product is mispriced, M&S can refuse Your order, as set out above at Section 3.7. M&S is not obliged to supply or deliver any products which are incorrectly priced, as long as payment has not been received from You and has not been processed."

Just sayin' ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

i decided not to order the free ball talc, thought it was takin the piss

Advertisement