Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Dream about Boston Marathon bombing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Me three please party :D Thanks a bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

virino wrote: »
    A friend dreamed years ago about the Boston Marathon bombing. If anyone is interested I can send them a screen shot of the post on a forum - I'm not sure I'm allowed to post it here, nor am I sure that I know how. Perhaps someone could advise me about that here too.

What they are worried about is, could someone have got the idea of doing this from them posting their dream on an open forum, rather than that this was an example of precognition? They have had other dreams that came true, this is not a once-off.

There was a book written about a fictitious Boston Marathon bombing. I'm sure if they got the idea from anywhere, it was from that book.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Sent it to you two just there.

(Anyone else, please don't send me PMs requesting the screenshot, my inbox is nearly always full and it's a pain deleting PMs every few days.)

Can I see ?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Can someone send it to me pleeeease :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 byrnemaloney89

virino wrote: »
    Strawberry, I wrote to you, did you not read it? I didn't expect such interest, to be honest, and have to get up in the morning.

Show me plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Any chance of a pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Last PMs of the night sent out to the last 6 people who asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

My interpretation: Aside from mentioning the Boston Marathon being bombed or otherwise attacked there's no verifiable predictions. That prediction is also a bit loose in it's description and lacks a timeframe.

There are really only 3 specific enough predictions that relate to the origin, build and employment of the culprit. The rest are either too vague or too unlikely to be mentioned over the course of the investigation.

It reads a lot like a psychic reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Could anyone with a spare bit of time send it to me too?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

im not sleeping until someone sends me the link...........................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Why can't ye just post it here? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I dreamed something similar before 9/11 but then I realized it was because I read one of Tom Clancys books describing a really similar scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The description of the person supposedly responsible (And someone who helped them) is detailed enough to start a manhunt. It'd be irresponsible to post it in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Nostradamus BS!

Can't even sleep because I'm dying with man flu, come on OP or someone just post the link. Please!

Any tips to help me sleep through my man flu are also welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I'd be interested in seeing this also if somebody had the time to send it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Ok, I'll bite.Can someone forward it to me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

I'm intrigued. Show me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Similar thing happened to me, I had a dream that my grand dad died, the next day, he was grand but then he died of a heart attack 23 years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Marathon? It's been called Snickers for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

God damn it now I want to see it. Someone please send it on to me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'd love to see it as well to see how accurate it is or just a generic description.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Pendu wrote: »
    Infinite Monkeys

There will be another bombing/shooting in a given country within the next decade with its own unique characteristics.

Of the 7 billion people on the planet over the next decade one of these people will dream of a scenario somewhat close to the details of the event.

heres mine - school shooting in los angeles with racial element and car chase.

The infinite monkeys thing doesn't apply, because there is an infinite number of people on the planet. There is a vast, vast, vast difference between infinity and 7 billion.

What you're talking about is a coincidence, which is valid and is obviously the explanation for this.

If some kind soul could also forward me the picture, I'd be interested in the specifics of what was said.

The organisers of every large event probably get predictions of doom if you prove yourself to be accurate however people will listen I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The description of the person supposedly responsible (And someone who helped them) is detailed enough to start a manhunt. It'd be irresponsible to post it in public.

Can someone send me the link? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Looks like it might be a while before we find out more about this dream.
    In the mean time I think we should all speculate on who the possible perpetrator was in the dream.

I'll go first.....um.Joan Burton.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I'd love to see this too. Could someone take a minute and post it to me. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I'd love to see this too. Could someone take a minute and post it to me. Thanks. plus 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Please send it to me too.

Somebody just post the bloody thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Ok ill bite , someone pm me the dream please

• Advertisement

Yeh this isn't really a discussion thread is it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement