Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Match Thread*** TUE APR 16 21:15 WES1 Boards.ie A.B Cycle Factors F.C

• 15-04-2013 2:50pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Txts have been sent so full team will be updated later on.
    This team drew 3-3 with Cork Exiles who are a pretty decent team.
    We're coming off a 7-1 win but we need to be focused for this game and forget about what happened last week.
    New game, new opposition and looking for another 3 points.

Derek
    Cathal
    Ciaran
    Collie
    Damian
    Darren -
    Dave
    Gar
    Jules - work
    Keith- in
    Neill
    Stephen -
    Wes -
    Derek Mr -
    Craig-
    Chris-
    Liam -
    Paddy -
    Marsen -
    Dermo -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

im in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren - in
    Dave - in
    Gar - 50/50
    Jules - in
    Keith- in
    Neill - in
    Stephen - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr -
    Craig - in
    Chris -
    Liam - in
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - in
    Dermo - in
    mrDerek wrote: »
    im in

Usual spot at 815.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

jaysus loads of names down ye alri baldy cool cya there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Count me in too, looks like an even bigger squad this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Outstanding result last week lads, great start to the season. These lads tonight are another unknown quantity so it's key we have that same commitment from first whistle to last again.

Good to see such strong numbers - as Des mentioned, it's important we're all patient: there's now strong, healthy competition for every position ....it's not exaggerating when we say in the summer season we've regularly had 6/7 lads unavailable at times in the past due to holidays, work etc. so it's the strength in depth in the squad that is key and everyone will get a chance to show what they can do in due course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren - in
    Dave - in
    Gar - 50/50
    Jules - in
    Keith- in
    Neill - in
    Stephen - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr -
    Craig - in
    Chris -
    Liam - in
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - in
    Dermo - in

Usual spot at 815.

Some confusion here guys, thread title says 9.15 Des says 8.15 and the fixture list is also showing 9.15

Which is it ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Some confusion here guys, thread title says 9.15 Des says 8.15 and the fixture list is also showing 9.15

Which is it ?

Derek is being picked up at 8:15

No confusion - Derek is being collected at 815, and we'll be there by 845 for 915 kick off.

FACEPALM.

SEE YE THERE

Well done lads, they were a decent side tonight and we did the job. 4-1 doesn't reflect on how competitive a game that was. We controlled the midfield which won us the game as we took our chances when we had them.

• Advertisement

Yep, agreed.

We did well there tonight against what was decent opposition.

Again, I think a combination of very good play - from the keeper to the forwards - and the fresh legs we were able to introduce made it happen.

In the two games we have significantly added to our scoreline in the second half, which means the large squad is definitely standing too us - again I'll say that it doesn't matter if you start, come on, go off, come back on next week you'll have some good game time behind you, you'll have played with almost everyone else so you won't be coming into a team cold.

We've scored 11 goals already, that's down to good attacks started by a strong defence, fresh legs and a squad.

This SQUAD can win games, this SQUAD can win the league, and everyone will deserve the medal.

Well done lads, another 3 points on the board - six from six, and 48 more to play for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah spot on.

We have a squad and already it's shown its worth.
    Last year we could have easily lost that game as the starting 11 would have tired and we'd have no one to come on and provide fresh legs.

And to the lads on the bench as has been said already you will get your chance, holidays work or injury will mean will get chances to start and it's up to you to make the position your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Six points better off than we were at this stage last season. Gotta be happy with that.

Still can't feel my leg today...

Mousewar wrote: »
    Still can't feel my leg today...

have you been to Boston?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

yikes

have you been to Boston?

Take that $hit it AH :pac:

Good win guys, need to keep up the same level of consistency and get the same numbers up each week, wasn't myself last night , no more gym on match day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Most aspects of the performance have been already covered and I agree with those summaries. So I’ll instead just cover some points on our approach: I’m convinced we have the talent and numbers to win this league while playing good, passing, attacking football. What will determine if we deliver on that potential is our attitude, commitment and consistency.

Darren’s unselfish pass to setup Derek’s tap-in for the 3rd goal for me perfectly demonstrated what this team is all about: it’s not about seeing your own name in lights; it’s about ensuring Boardeaux rack up another 3 points. I’d encourage everyone to apply that mentality across the board by always asking ‘what should my next action be to ensure we win?’ instead of some of the alternatives that may spring to mind when we get frustrated. Passing to a better placed teammate instead of taking a low-chance shot; chasing to win the ball back when you lose it; keeping chasing when a player plays a poor pass to you (instead of stopping and shaking your head at him), and giving encouragement when someone tries the right thing but messes it up. All those are examples of decisions that reflect our attitude and we’re doing very well on most of them to-date, but we need to keep the focus on it as sometimes we do still stop and shake the head when someone misplaces a pass to us, or give someone grief for a misplaced pass – that just puts more pressure on lads and actually reduces composure and we’re all agreed that the more composure we have, the better we can apply our passing game. In general, I think we’ve a fantastic attitude throughout the whole squad, so this is really just pointing something out to ensure we ask ‘what can I do next to help ensure we win?’ as that’ll lead to the consistency that is the difference between being competitive and winning in a league.

Only other thing is when I was on the sideline it was really clear just how quiet we can be. Fair enough, lads are still getting to know each other, but we need to be much more vocal – doesn’t need to be roaring shouting, lads just need to be in more regular conversation with those around them throughout the game. Particularly at the back (which is understandable given the number of new defenders), we need to be a lot more vocal.

Advertisement