Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Sim only 400mins,400 texts, 2gb data €25 per month

Options
  • 02-04-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Meteor Sim only 400mins,400 texts, 2gb data €25 per month half price from €50 per month

They had €20 per month for 200 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb data over the weekend but it seems to be gone now.

https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

3 have had for the last 2-3 years a deal that is €20 for:

*Unlimited texts to any network,
    *Free calls to anyone on 3, anytime,
    *Free calls at the weekends to any network,
    *Unlimited data (up to 15GB)
    *and also for topping up by €20 you get €10 free credit each month like clockwork as well. So you get all that and €30 credit to use as you wish.

Also you can tether with 3 if you have a capable phone. So you can use your phone as a modem for internet on a number of other things at home such as your PC/Laptop etc.

Plus with 3 like home you can connect to any other 3 network in the world and not get charged any more than you would at home. Which includes your free minutes and texts. After moving to the UK only having my 3 sim it was great being able to ring and text home for free and also use the tethering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I'm with 48

- Unlimited phone calls
    - Unlimited Text
    - 3 GB data

20 Euros per month

Very happy with the coverage/call/data speed/quality .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

*Unlimited data (up to 15GB)
    Where do people get that ****e from. There is NO limit. People erroneously think that there is a 15GB limit. Their T's & C's clearly state that they MAY throttle your connection if you go over 15GB, but it's not a limit. You can use as much as you want.
    Also you can tether with 3 if you have a capable phone. So you can use your phone as a modem for internet on a number of other things at home such as your PC/Laptop etc.
    Very lose with your words. Although it's possible to tether [no different from any other network] it's against their residential T's and C's for all accounts [billpay since 1/1/2012 and prepay].

RangeR wrote: »
    Where do people get that ****e from. There is NO limit. People erroneously think that there is a 15GB limit. Their T's & C's clearly state that they MAY throttle your connection if you go over 15GB, but it's not a limit. You can use as much as you want.
    I think my point was to make people aware of a potential limit each month. Perhaps I used the wrong wording to make anyone aware of that but thankfully you have been able to jump down my throat and ensure people are now aware of a minor difference between what I said and what I meant to say. Cheers.

Very lose with your words. Although it's possible to tether [no different from any other network] it's against their residential T's and C's for all accounts [billpay since 1/1/2012 and prepay].
    I've just come back from the UK and genuinely didn't know this had changed. My apologies for seemingly offending you. Made all the more awkward as I am tethering at the moment.

Jarren wrote: »
    I'm with 48

- Unlimited phone calls
    - Unlimited Text
    - 3 GB data

20 Euros per month

Unlimited Mobile calls, I guess. Severely limited landline calls.

• Advertisement

I think my point was to make people aware of a potential limit each month. Perhaps I used the wrong wording to make anyone aware of that but thankfully you have been able to jump down my throat and ensure people are now aware of a minor difference between what I said and what I meant to say. Cheers.

I've just come back from the UK and genuinely didn't know this had changed. My apologies for seemingly offending you. Made all the more awkward as I am tethering at the moment.

I meant no personal offence. A high proportion of people quoting Three offers consistently quote the same untruths. It gets tiring after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

when do you get the fextra 10 euro a month when u top up by 20??im with them 3 months now and haven't go this !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

I'm with 48

- Unlimited phone calls
    - Unlimited Text
    - 3 GB data

20 Euros per month

Is that through bill, or can you reschedule the top up to take place automatically?

Pretty much , never thought about that actually .

I don't make much phone calls to the landlines so never noticed that until now .

when do you get the fextra 10 euro a month when u top up by 20??im with them 3 months now and haven't go this !!
    I topped up for the first time in a long time about a month ago. A day or two later I received the €10. I would contact them on that.

• Advertisement

kala85 wrote: »
    Is that through bill, or can you reschedule the top up to take place automatically?

Prepay

http://www.48months.ie/

Usually I get a text from them a day/2 days maybe before my membership runs out .

I'm not 22 old by the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Unlimited Mobile calls, I guess. Severely limited landline calls.

It's not so severely limited anymore, you get 50 mins of landline calls on their new €20 plan.

With a spare Lycamobile SIM card and online topup, you can get 1.5 cent per min calls to landlines anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Prepay

http://www.48months.ie/

Usually I get a text from them a day/2 days maybe before my membership runs out .

I'm not 22 old by the way :D

Can you top up via bank account, credit card and online banking?

Credit card , not sure about top ups via bank account/online banking to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

I'm meteor and if 3 had better coverage at my home place I'd change in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

and also for topping up by €20 you get €10 free credit each month like clockwork as well. So you get all that and €30 credit to use as you wish.

Have you got a link to that? Changing to Three Payg soon myself but can't see anything on their website about getting an extra €10 free credit for topping up by €20?

Would be a huge bonus!

iPhone. wrote: »
    Have you got a link to that? Changing to Three Payg soon myself but can't see anything on their website about getting an extra €10 free credit for topping up by €20?

Would be a huge bonus!

It seems to be that they may have discontinued this also. It only seems to be only applicable to previous customers who were registered for this deal because I can't find any link to it on their website. I don't know what the cut of is though, all my family are on 3 and they continue to get this also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

It seems to be that they may have discontinued this also. It only seems to be only applicable to previous customers who were registered for this deal because I can't find any link to it on their website. I don't know what the cut of is though, all my family are on 3 and they continue to get this also.
    current offer is €5 for 10 months when you top up by €20 each month.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    current offer is €5 for 10 months when you top up by €20 each month.
    Still a good offer considering everything else you get. The free txts and free calls at weekends for me is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

'Free €10 when you top-up by €20'

This was an introductory offer that they had some time ago, generally for 'Prepay 08' accounts and those up until mid-2011. Some older SIM cards may also have been activated on the offer, but this was not a standard thing.

In short, this offer was only available to early customers, and is not available to the newer customers to the network. This may be confirmed to you in-store, but it will not be confirmed via the telephone support, as it was a regional, introductory offer, and it was not relayed to the call centre staff.

Sorry if this ruins it for some people. However, further offers are in the pipeline, as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Honestly, I think that any offer from Meteor should come with a disclaimer of 'if we mess up, we're still taking your money, and will promise to provide as poor a customer service as possible'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Eh, there is a limit when it comes to how much internet you can use for the 20 euro you spend. If you go over the 15Gb, then you get charged extra.

It's obvious, and not ****e.

kraggy wrote: »
    Eh, there is a limit when it comes to how much internet you can use for the 20 euro you spend. If you go over the 15Gb, then you get charged extra.

No. You don't get charged extra. Unless Three have changed their terms in the last month or so. Can you back up your claim for extra charge if you top up by €20 and use more than 15GB in that same month? Because I can back up mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Plan's gone now off their site. I had asked on meteor chat as to how long it would exist for and the girl told me it would be available till june. Must have been a very short term "limited" offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Spoke with Meteor on twitter. Seems there was issues with the plan and it's to be re-released mid week next week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

kraggy wrote: »

All ayou Can Eat Data - no limit, apart from they may throttle the speeds back if you go over 15Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

Looks like this offer is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

whiterebel wrote: »
    All ayou Can Eat Data - no limit, apart from they may throttle the speeds back if you go over 15Gb

15Gb and basically unusable thereafter should not be described as unlimited.

Duiske wrote: »

Explain.
    Experience or interpretation? Some people gloat using 60+ GB in a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Duiske wrote: »

It's pretty much unusable from the start, Three's 3G coverage is sh1t for the most part.

Advertisement