Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I've been done out of winnings by Paddy Power

Options
  • 06-04-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

I placed a bet on the Grand National today(I know nothing about racing and don't normally bet) after hearing a tip on the radio. I placed the bet on the PP online website, and put a tenner on Teaforthree to win or e/w, and then noticed the odds went up soon afterwards so I placed 4 euro at 13/1, with the same bet.

The race started and with once fence to jump, I though I was well on my way to a nice return, it didnt work out that way, but he finished 3rd, which meant atleast he placed and I would get a quarter of the odds, a tenner @ 3/1, and 4 @ 3.25/1. I logged on to my account around 5 to make sure my account had been credited. It wasn't, but I just presumed that with it being Grand National day it was taking a bit longer to settle the bets. I logged in again at 8 and I still hadn't received my winnings, worried now, I decided to go to live chat to point out that I hadnt got my winnings.

Here the guy I spoke with tried to convince me the bet I placed was not each way, even though it stated clearly under selection details " Win or E/W ." I pressed him and even sent him a shot of the betslip, but he wouldnt relent and kept saying the bet was a loss. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm nearly certain I placed win or e/w/. Can someone clear this up, and tell me if I have a leg to stand on.
    pp1y.png
    58573336.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

i too have been a victim of mr power however it looks like you only have teaforthree to win, and not each way. see in your pic where it says
    number of lines: 1. if you had e/w it would say 2

Also if you put a tenner e/w it would have cost you 20 not 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Did you click the each way box on the bet slip?
    It doesn't automatically do it, and if you didn't do it yourself then it wasn't an e/w bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Hi buyer95,

From what I can see paddypower are right, if you look at the stake and return details on your bet slip it shows you have only a single bet placed for €10. If you had an e/w bet it would say you had e/w there and the number of lines would be 2.

Additionally your stake per line says €10 and your total stake is €10. If you had an e/w bet your total stake would be €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Done that a couple of times myself. The box to tick is quite small. What also throws me is the bet says win or each way no matter whether you pick ew or not.
    Looking at the betslip they are both win only bets (as poster said above.)

Hard luck OP but PP is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

You have both of them down "to win" so PP is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Hi buyer95,

From what I can see paddypower are right, if you look at the stake and return details on your bet slip it shows you have only a single bet placed for €10. If you had an e/w bet it would say you had e/w there and the number of lines would be 2.

Additionally your stake per line says €10 and your total stake is €10. If you had an e/w bet your total stake would be €10.

total stake would be €20 if e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Ok thanks for all the replies. Really annoyed right now, I fully intended to place an each way bet, and thought I did... Oh well, c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

buyer95 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for all the replies. Really annoyed right now, I fully intended to place an each way bet, and thought I did... Oh well, c'est la vie.
    Your bet was obiously a losing bet.Just be thankful that like many of us on here you have not made serious mistakes that can cost a lot of cash.I once backed a horse though i really meant to lay it on betfair. It cost me a few quid but taught me a good lesson about online betting

Advertisement