Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: April 5th 2013. Starring Tom Cruise!

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

No, April Fools day was yesterday.

tumblr_m0gkelEKJJ1qh9ho4o1_400.jpg

IT will be a busy 24 hours for Hollywood star Tom Cruise, who is due to jet in to Ireland tomorrow for a whirlwind stopover to promote his new film.

He will record an interview with Ryan Tubridy for the 'Late Late Show' at RTE before gracing the red carpet at the Irish premiere of 'Oblivion' with his co-star Olga Kurylenko and director Joseph Kosinski, at the Savoy cinema on O'Connell Street.

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/cruise-to-probe-irish-roots-on-flying-visit-29167698.html

So that's Tom Cruise on The Late Late Show this week.
    The Irish Late Late Show, with Tubridy. not the American one.

A real life Hollywood Star on The Late Late Show.

I will update post#25 below with news of any other guests.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SHOW ME THE (PRE RECORDED) MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

They'll have to get comfier chairs just in case Tom gets over excited again.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The first proper celebrity on the late late in years. Don't get your hopes up I'm sure next week theyll have another page 3 model

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

he got sam jackson before too

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Surely the biggest star ever to appear on the LLS? No doubt Tubs will spend most of the interview talking about any Irish connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Pinkman wrote: »
    Surely the biggest star ever to appear on the LLS? No doubt Tubs will spend most of the interview talking about any Irish connections.

He'll definitely bring up "Far and away"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I wonder will he try his "Far and Away" accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh FFS! Missed him by a week!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Xenu always provides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How long into the interview will we get before Tubbs asks Cruise about his Irish roots as he sits there with a Twinkle in his Eyes Wide Shut. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lapin wrote: »
    How long into the interview will we get before Tubbs asks Cruise about his Irish roots as he sits there with a Twinkle in his Eyes Wide Shut. ;)

I like what you did there Lapin, Fair play.

That was Far and Away your best reference to that woman around these parts :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Pinkman wrote: »

Tom Cruise? Christ almighty :D

look up some clips on youtube not hard to find.....people like Peter Sellars/Matt Busby/Trevor Howard in the same room on the same show! they don't make em like that anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Skid X wrote: »
    I like what you did there Lapin, Fair play.

That was Far and Away your best reference to that woman around these parts :)

It is a mission impossible not to have a reference to or mention of Twink in a LLS thread :P

Will somebody think of the children accent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Well, after people Tubbs met in the RTE canteen and a few z-listers plugging books, it's great to finally see a real Hollywood Top Gun grace the LLS set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Been in and gone:) Nice guy!!RgPB2FD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The most boring man in Ireland meets the most boring man in Hollywood. Perhaps they'll strike up a romance and elope to another astral plain or is that just me being optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

The most boring man in Ireland meets the most boring man in Hollywood. Perhaps they'll strike up a romance and elope to another astral plain or is that just me being optimistic.

You've obviously not watched many of his interviews, the guy is GOLD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

he got sam jackson
    before too

Whhaaatttttt? when :eek: l love him!

Whhaaatttttt? when :eek: l love him!

For some reason RTE only put a short clip of that interview online. Maybe Tubs made a mess of the rest of it, I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

We've waited Knight and Day for what promises to be a Cocktail of serious and witty chat. By Far and Away, this is the biggest interview Ryan has ever conducted - will Tubs have All The Right Moves? Interviewing Cruise has proved to be Risky Business for others...will Ryan be Top Gun?

And I'm done.

*lies down*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

We've waited Knight and Day for what promises to be a Cocktail of serious and witty chat. By Far and Away, this is the biggest interview Ryan has ever conducted - will Tubs have All The Right Moves? Interviewing Cruise has proved to be Risky Business for others...will Ryan be Top Gun?

And I'm done.

*lies down*

**Cold Compress Alert***........

You can depend on us WM!......:P

After Tom Cruise getting an "irishness" award today... Apparently his family can be traced back to 12th century Ireland... I would fear that the paddywhackery-o'meter will be off the chart in this interview... In fact I'm a bit worried that Tom (or "Tam" as he will be known for the night) may repress back in to his Far And Away accent..

Oh and dont forget the obligatory:

Tubridy: "How does it feel looking at that" ....*gestures towards clip of Top Gun on the monitor*
    Cruise: "Ah shur twas great ta be shure, ta be shure".

"It's all very well having Tom Cruise - but what about the other guests? " I hear you ask ...

Joining Tom on the couch will be his Oblivion Co-Star Olga Kurylenko
    You may remember her from such Films as 'Quantum of Solace' and 'Seven Psychopaths'

Olga-Kurylenko-In-Roland-Mouret-%E2%80%98Oblivion%E2%80%99-Dublin-Premiere.jpg

Fresh from ITV's Big Reunion, it is the first Irish TV appearance in years** from B*Witched

b-witched.jpg

**apart from when Keavy and Edele formed Barbarellas a few years ago. That didn't last long, I'm glad they took my advice to reform the original group :)

Former Governor of Mountjoy Prison John Lonergan plugs his new RTE show 'John Lonergan's Circus'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzwVfoXX7N6Acxj9U37lc3C2eywaGsjP3Gfu6XuKWo-ZM3r25u

Something about New Media with Lauren Taylor and Niall Harbison from SimplyZesty.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQugNI1zB2CB_bakAoXnyjWRurmbwVh-cOxKCmbR8O0JmXqg1P

We will have a song from the British Band Bastille, who are in town for the Trinity Ball

Bastille+-+Pompeii.jpg

A bit of Trad/Folk from Solas
    band1.jpg

Jamelia is on, she really wants us to watch The Voice of Ireland. And so is Sharon Corr!
    Jamelia27.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5EP4khn5Q_8po-WSrArplQgaFetPnHdVGND1eZfghPpmIp_RV

And thanks to Kj72 for the news that "someone former tv announcer tamara something - worked for itv or similar in the past apparently!" will be on . That's one guest you won't want to miss! :)Post show edit: Alas, we never got to see this mysterious guest. Maybe next week

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlJsRYFEqBPmOIAi6WSiEGOpM8irJM3QPdHJJja4fw7fc8oFMY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

If Tom Cruise was a big Arsenal fan would he be called a Top Gunner ?

:pac:

Where's my coat? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus lapin hang your head head in shame :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Pre recorded! Cant wait to see the edit and the fake audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

My guess is that he's more of a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Will Mr.T ask the hard questions about Katie's skin routine or his pick-up times for little Cruise?

Or will he just ask about the Scientology thing???????

***scratches head****....bit itchy.......:)

A Cruise Missile coming forth me thinks...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Advertisement