Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another week another Pit Bull attack

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

This time in Canada a little girl luckily saved from the jaws of this vicious breed by a Chihuahua of all things. I don't care what anyone says these dogs are banned in the UK and rightly so they should be utterly exterminated, they have no place in a child's home. I just don't buy this argument about it always is the owners fault, these dogs were bred for fighting and are extremely volatile as the sheer number of unprovoked attacks attest to. I have a neighbour who is a responsible owner and had 2 dogs one a Pit bull the other a Labrador , last week the pit bull killed the lab for no reason , she is devestated naturally and has changed her mind on her feelings towards the breed, she now wants the breed banned also because she was a decent responsible owner and did not see it coming. Luckily she has no children. The pit bull excuse makers cannot ignore the sheer numbers of attacks at this stage it is happening literally every week and more. Ban them now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

This thread will go well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Thanks for that blog update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Tune in next week on the same bat channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Just to add the poor little girl needed hundreds of stitches I can't link the story as I am on the iPhone maybe someone can link it?

Pitbull = Chihuahua ?

Supposedly it swooped in and saved the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

What the **** is this aboot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

youtube! wrote: »
    This time in Canada a little girl luckily saved from the jaws of this vicious breed by a Chihuahua of all things. I don't care what anyone says these dogs are banned in the UK and rightly so they should be utterly exterminated, they have no place in a child's home. I just don't buy this argument about it always is the owners fault, these dogs were bred for fighting and are extremely volatile as the sheer number of unprovoked attacks attest to. I have a neighbour who is a responsible owner and had 2 dogs one a Pit bull the other a Labrador , last week the pit bull killed the lab for no reason , she is devestated naturally and has changed her mind on her feelings towards the breed, she now wants the breed banned also because she was a decent responsible owner and did not see it coming. Luckily she has no children. The pit bull excuse makers cannot ignore the sheer numbers of attacks at this stage it is happening literally every week and more. Ban them now.

Do you know the difference between a pitbull terrier and a chihuahua, (IGNORE THE PREVIOUS AS I MISREAD THE DISNEY STORY OF THE HEROIC CHIHUAHUA AS BEING ABOUT AN EVIL CHIHUAHUA. WHICH, IN FAIRNESS, COULD ALSO EASILY STAR IN A DISNEY FILM. PROBABLY NOT AS GOOD AS THE ONE ABOUT THE HEROIC CHIHUAHUA THOUGH. I LOVE THAT LITTLE GUY. VOICED BY CHEECH MARIN) and crucially, a dog and the owner whose treatment of a dog greatly determines its behaviour?

last week the pit bull killed the lab for no reason

I bet, if investigated there would be a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

lkionm wrote: »
    Supposedly it swooped in and saved the day.

If its capable of taking on a pitbull, it must be dangerous. Better ban them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh, the chihuahua saved the child from the pit bull. Right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Also: pitbulls aren't inherently evil. They get such a bad reputation for the following reasons:
    • people think they look scary
    • the media report attacks by them because they grab people's attention and feed their prejudices and ill-informed "opinions" and...
    • people misreport attacks by other breeds as pitbull attacks for the same reason as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Nodin wrote: »

Mexican food is very spicy so it's probably true.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If it means we get rid of that sh*te rapper, then i'm all for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

This thread isn't suited to after hours, can a mod move it please to animals and pets forum.

But just give me 5 mins to go make a sambo and cup of tea.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

maybe someone can link it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/pets/9966276/Plucky-chihuahua-rescues-girl-from-pit-bull-attack.html
    Plucky chihuahua rescues girl from pit bull attack

A chihuahua has saved an eight-year-old girl from a vicious pit bull attack in British Colombia, Canada by drawing the aggressive dog away from her.

Nodin wrote: »

Lets ban everything than can beat up a small dog to be safe. My dog got bested by a chair before for no reason. Chairs are evil but mainstream media wont report on this because where else would bertie and his cronies rest their golden bottoms.

This thread isn't suited to after hours, can a mod move it please to animals and pets forum.

Cheers

Christ, do you want to get us banned from the animal forum?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Also: pitbulls aren't inherently evil. They get such a bad reputation for the following reasons:
    • people think they look scary
    • the media report attacks by them because they grab people's attention and feed their prejudices and ill-informed "opinions" and...
    • people misreport attacks by other breeds as pitbull attacks for the same reason as above

Statistics show they are the breed which have caused the most human fatalities, though. Surely that can't all just be media spin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Link http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/03/26/bc-pit-bull-attack-chihuahua.html

I think these dogs and their anything resembling them should be banned. Growing up i never seen any of them locally, now every 3rd or 4th dog i see is one of them. I just don't understand the attraction.

The problem is not simply the owner, the real problem is what they are capable of. If a dog was to turn on me it would be manageable if the dog was a less powerful breed. But if a pitt bulls attacks the damage that can be done is immense. Society shouldn't have to face that threat. I don't want to be a the mercy of whether some scumbag has trained his pittbull or not.

Another thing is that none of these dogs are ever muzzled where i am from and a few times have attacked other dogs even when on a lead.

Cheers

They'll love yer for that suggestion, I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Of course I know the difference between a chihuahua and a pitbull. Sorry if it is not clear but the brave little chihuahua bit at the legs and barked to try to distract the pitbull. And my neighbour has always had dogs and is a very good owner but has a dead Labrador now , what's worse is she rescued the pitbull a few months back and gave it a chance. She never subscribed to any breed having an inherently vicious streak but she does now.

woodoo wrote: »
    Link http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/03/26/bc-pit-bull-attack-chihuahua.html

I think these dogs and their anything resembling them should be banned. ......

Should we go around with a picture and the Gardai on the oul speed dial?

Of course I know the difference between a chihuahua and a pitbull. Sorry if it is not clear but the brave little chihuahua bit at the legs and barked to try to distract the pitbull. And my neighbour has always had dogs and is a very good owner but has a dead Labrador now , what's worse is she rescued the pitbull a few months back and gave it a chance. She never subscribed to any breed having an inherently vicious streak but she does now.

Unless she rared it herself, and knows its lineage, shes making a bit of an error in logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This breed of dogs are ticking time bombs, they have the arsenal to inflict major injuries to people in the blink of an eyelid.

lkionm wrote: »
    Lets ban everything than can beat up a small dog to be safe. My dog got bested by a chair before for no reason. Chairs are evil but mainstream media wont report on this because where else would bertie and his cronies rest their golden bottoms.

...yes, but then there'd be nothing to stop the small dogs evolving into viscous killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

This one looks pretty sweet http://youtu.be/pUV1oTciznE

Gringo180 wrote: »
    This breed of dogs are ticking time bombs, they have the arsenal to inflict major injuries to people in the blink of an eyelid.

Lethal yokes, allright.

1210m5g wrote: »
    This one looks pretty sweet http://youtu.be/pUV1oTciznE

Lies, spread by the pit bull industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Gringo180 wrote: »

That is the point the people defending them never adequately address.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement