Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that i'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mic. V

Very strange this has come up for sale,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4742239

I have known this car since the day it was bought, January 1989 to be precise. It remained with the same elderly gent who bought it new up until 2001 when he sadly passed away. The car stood for quite a long time until it was given on to the original owners neighbor, around 2008. He kept it up until earlier this year when he sold it on. Its really nice to see such a car still on the roads in such good condition. Hopefully we see it motoring in another 5/10 years to come :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4740950

View2-18395269.jpeg

This is genuinely a very rare and unique car.

Honda Prelude 2.0i Auto with just 12k miles from new with history, has six main dealer stamps in the service book up to 6000 miles and the NCT certs & receipts verify mileage from there. Irish car, completely original with the exception of the JVC CD player

Was on display in a dealer showroom for a number of years hence low miles

NCT 06/13

This is not to be missed. It drives like a new car and the interior is absolutely immaculate

Just had four new Firestone tyres

Usual high spec, electric windows, electric mirrors, electric sunroof, central locking, power steering, alloy wheels

Comes with two original keys

Genuine reason.

Calls / texts welcome, no private numbers, they will not be answered.

Please, no dreamers, I have not added hundreds onto the price to haggle, this is a one off appreciating classic for sensible money
    €1,695 ovno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm HIGHLY suspicious of that mileage RJ.

The drivers seat is well worn and the door card doesn't look much better.

Although TBH even if it was high mileage it's still a nice looking car.

Actually hold on there, the interior pictures look to be from a different car (UK most likely).

The tax disc in the window is round while the exterior images show it to be a rectangular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Casati

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Actually hold on there, the interior pictures look to be from a different car (UK most likely).

The tax disc in the window is round while the exterior images show it to be a rectangular one.

CSI eat your heart out!

• Advertisement

Casati wrote: »
    CSI eat your heart out!

It's also missing the new head unit in the interior shot. Now this seller is going to loose his head.......... YYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    CSI-Miami-csi-miami-24962862-300-400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

ba_barabus wrote: »

Inspector Clouseau to the rescue :confused::confused:

Capri wrote: »
    Inspector Clouseau to the rescue :confused::confused:

I prefer Columbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Put it up on facebook and a lad I know knows the seller. Says it really is that clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Mic. V wrote: »
    Very strange this has come up for sale,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4742239

I have known this car since the day it was bought, January 1989 to be precise. It remained with the same elderly gent who bought it new up until 2001 when he sadly passed away. The car stood for quite a long time until it was given on to the original owners neighbor, around 2008. He kept it up until earlier this year when he sold it on. Its really nice to see such a car still on the roads in such good condition. Hopefully we see it motoring in another 5/10 years to come :)

"Hopefully we see it motoring in another 5/10 years to come"

God I hope not. I wouldn't be seen near the thing, let alone in it. Might as well drive take to the roads in a lawnmower - the engine would probably have more power, for a start.

• Advertisement

kasper wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4737129[/URL]

they don't come around very often

'Remodelling' ??? :confused: - or RESTORATION ??

I'm back in love again - save me :)

Many's an ex- P>T one I bought at the auctions - best motoring I ever had for £100

There's an ex Garda 87D one parked in Fitzwilliam Sq all the time €€€€€€€'s:cool:

Sweet little bargain - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4744478 , those Sierra's have aged better than the Mk1 Mondeo's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mic. V

porsche959 wrote: »
    "Hopefully we see it motoring in another 5/10 years to come"

God I hope not. I wouldn't be seen near the thing, let alone in it. Might as well drive take to the roads in a lawnmower - the engine would probably have more power, for a start.

Each to their own I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I'd say your man in the photo is feeling a bit pissed off! See ad below:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4752141

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Well ,if there had been a calf coming looking for his dinner,

Ok Ok, i`ll get my coat....this is an old car forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

kasper wrote: »
    yeah but its still a marina!!!!:)

oceanman wrote: »
    yeah but its still a marina!!!!:)

three grand cant be too far off the price it cost new

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

gyppo wrote: »
    I'd say your man in the photo is feeling a bit pissed off! See ad below:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4752141

:D:D:D

Well now, isn't that interesting. He'll be a lot more pissed off if he tries to put it on the road!

I say this with some confidence, as it's my car!

Or rather it was until the other day when I finally admitted defeat in the time/priorities battle & agreed to sell it to some gentlemen of the travelling profession for €150. They told me they were going to sell it to a man who exports them to Nigeria where "they go mad for those old Mercs over there"

Registering it in Ireland will be impossible as they don't have any of the papers.

Caveat Emptor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

nmacc wrote: »
    Well now, isn't that interesting. He'll be a lot more pissed off if he tries to put it on the road!

Or rather it was until the other day when I finally admitted defeat in the time/priorities battle & agreed to sell it to some gentlemen of the travelling profession for €150. They told me they were going to sell it to a man who exports them to Nigeria where "they go mad for those old Mercs over there"

Registering it in Ireland will be impossible as they don't have any of the papers.

Caveat Emptor!

That's just taking the p!ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Same phone number on this ad but the names Andy !

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4396516

:confused:

mb1725 wrote: »
    Same phone number on this ad but the names Andy !

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4396516

:confused:

Well spotted that man!

oceanman wrote: »

AND THE PRICE WILL DROP A LOT MORE I'LL WAGER :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Caveat Emptor!
    The reg on the car is correct, I presume, so it is already registered? They have ownership though. A replacement registration certificate can be obtained relatively easily, afaik.

Just be sure you are covered anyway - did you happen to get a name and address from the buyer? Sent the cert to Shannon?

Not your ornery onager

The cert is actually with WW Co. Co.

I originally imported it, renovated it, etc. only to have it throw a big end just after I paid for a year's tax. I decided to cut my losses & get another, better one, but I needed the tax back, so I de-registered it with the County Council.

I didn't get the details of the new owner as it was my mechanic that sold it. He did it with my blessing so that he could recoup somethimg for the time it had spent in his field. I will do as you suggest on Monday however & notify the Co. Co.

Just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The cert is actually with WW Co. Co.

I originally imported it, renovated it, etc. only to have it throw a big end just after I paid for a year's tax. I decided to cut my losses & get another, better one, but I needed the tax back, so I de-registered it with the County Council.

I didn't get the details of the new owner as it was my mechanic that sold it. He did it with my blessing so that he could recoup somethimg for the time it had spent in his field. I will do as you suggest on Monday however & notify the Co. Co.

Just in case.
    Getting a bit snarly! To get tax refunded, a formal certificate of destruction (or some such term) is required. Don't get onto the council unless you want to drop yourself in it. Obviously, the car should not be where it is now. Nor should it be wearing its reg plates.

If some innocent punter does buy it and tries to transfer ownership (or even tax it in your name if they somehow come to know that), then you could find yourself on a sticky wicket....

Not your ornery onager

Nothing is simple in this godforsaken country is it ?

You want to pay VRT but they make it difficult, you want to get refund of tax because car is off the road and they want cert of destruction which probably costs more than car worth ...........:mad::mad:
    IF WCC gave you a refund of tax then it's THEIR baby if they didn't get all the paperwork they should have - pure and simple. If they come back to you for any reason, just say you sold scrap to 'Paddy Joyce, Halting site, Coolock' - end of trail !
    And if someone wants to restore it, then they'll have to do all the crap :P

Export everything, back to the bicycle and caravan and no taxes to the govt :eek::eek:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4763362

strange tags on this old merc anyone know any more about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 SilverBullet

I think those plates are German, for classic cars allowing certain privileges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement