Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate revival by MGM

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

That has to be the crappiest app ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

pegasus1 wrote: »
    That has to be the crappiest app ever!!

Might be why there was no word at Comic Con then, they were embarrassed to publicly reveal it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Disappointing to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

so there's a paywall and a film reel which gives a little information about the episode 200 and a picture of the sg1 cast dressed up as the cast of farscape? I'm a little disappointed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

This is very much like when Universe was ending, and Mallozi kept claiming that there was a big announcement and great news coming, and that if the show wasn't going to continue they'd at least tell us how it was going to end, and then nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

are they really reviving it, used to love this show, theres no sci fi shows to watch any more. and dont say doctor who as i hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

theres no sci fi shows to watch any more. and dont say doctor who as i hate it.
    well you have Continuum (time travel) which just finished it first season, and looks likely to be renewed, Fringe (general Sci-fi with fringe sciences) is back soon for its fifth and final season, Falling Skies (alien invasion) season 1 was ok season 2 is a bit better,

you want to go off the planet Starz are developing a new show called Incursion, following a military unit going to different planets each season fighting an alien adversary, probably wont see it till late next year or early 2014 hopefully

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/starzs-incursion-is-band-of-brothers-meets-halo

SYFY are also making a new show called defiance, airing in march next year, about aliens coming to earth after their solar system is destroyed and starting a war, there is also a game to go with this series, with new missions being added as the series airs, should be interesting to see how that pans out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_%28TV_series%29

also you have Revolution starting next moth, sci-fi always finds it hard to work on network tv but Fringe succeed on some level hopefully this can to, its set 15 years from now, 15 years after ever electrical item on earth stopped working,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_%28TV_series%29

a few more on the following link, havent heard much about them, and i have no idea where the stand development wise, scripts or pilots ordered, advancing to series,

http://screencrush.com/syfy-upfronts/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

havent watched contimumm yet is it good?

yea i like falling skies.
    Fringe, i watched the first season and never got back into it, but that was mainly because the mad scientist/ doctor or what ever he was just annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

havent watched contimumm yet is it good?

yea i like falling skies.
    Fringe, i watched the first season and never got back into it, but that was mainly because the mad scientist/ doctor or what ever he was just annoyed me.
    Continuum started strong and ended strong, like most shows it kinda lulled and played around with ideas in its first season, its only 10 episodes long, if you have a few hours spare watch the 3 or 4, if you dont like it, drop it,

Fringe got a lot stronger in season 2 and season 3 was probably its best, season 1 was very procedural, it still procedural just not as much after season 1,

SYFY just announced a new space set show called Clandestine it revolves around mercenaries who masquerade as part of an Intergalactic fleet, again no dates as of yet,

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/syfy-developing-clandestine-space-drama/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

are they really reviving it.

No they're not reviving it, no body wants a new TV show. We all want iPhone apps instead.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Idiots. Could they not at least do a series of graphic novels or just some plain stories to finish out the Universe plot they had planned? Apps me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

5starpool wrote: »
    Idiots. Could they not at least do a series of graphic novels or just some plain stories to finish out the Universe plot they had planned? Apps me hole.

Sees thread about a Stargate revival being bumped after six months...
    Is disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

5starpool wrote: »

Has someone woken up too soon from this imposed sci-fi hibernation?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ahhh Goddammit! For a moment there. . .for a moment. I thought hope had returned. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Only after I posted did I notice the date of the last post and think it may have had that affect. Sorry guys :(

First time in months I've looked in here and read through this thread hoping for something. You can blame me, or you can blame the thread in the TV forum about which shows deserve a proper ending.

I has a sad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's like every time the Episode 3 thread gets bumped in the Half Life forum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Kiith wrote: »
    It's like every time the Episode 3 thread gets bumped in the Half Life forum :(

Stop bumping it then :mad: :p

(Like I've just done :o)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bump... No new series.... KHHHAAAANNN

Advertisement