Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Ballybrack-Cadbury- 3 for e4 (smallish)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Tesco Roxboro,

Kenwoos fp108 food processor €24.00 (was €49.99)

OWL Wireless Electricity Monitor €15 (was €60.00)

Enjoy,
    Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Tesco Roxboro,

Kenwood fp108 food processor €24.00 (was €49.99)

OWL Wireless Electricity Monitor €15 (was €60.00)

Enjoy,
    Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Oohh, I'd love to get one of the Owl Monitors - what are the chances they have any reduced in Castlebar:rolleyes: ... Can I ask where they were in the Tesco you saw them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Only wrote: »
    Oohh, I'd love to get one of the Owl Monitors - what are the chances they have any reduced in Castlebar:rolleyes: ... Can I ask where they were in the Tesco you saw them in?

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Those owl monitors were about the same price last year around the country including roscommon so I'd say they're long gone most places. You can get them on ebay used for about that though.

Stuck ours on ebay after a couple of days, found it depressing watching your hard earned cash draining away. Can also raise stress levels in the house - my neighbour sits there watching his and shouting at his kids to turn off the 11w cfl lights while smoking his 2.5kWh Marlboros :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

damian139 wrote: »
    Ballybrack-Cadbury- 3 for e4 (smallish)

Same in arklow, they have mountains of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Ayone see those mantis car wax bottles in Limerick? None in coonagh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

doublepost

In Tesco Tramore:

129-4181_PI_TPS1583894?wid=250&hei=250&$Detail$

Baby Emmi compact travel system.

For €8.

Yellow SEL and marked at the right price.

The box is small though, like a4 so I guess it comes in a thousand parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

This was in Tesco Douglas - orginally around 60 EUR, was reduced to 35 EUR.
    Nice, compact, colourful and does the deal...

img1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cmdrRiker wrote: »

img1.jpg

i got that last ocober in DID, its useless. food get stuck and clogs up the machine. ive used it 3 times and couldnt shred food properly, now its just gathering dust

i got that last ocober in DID, its useless. food get stuck and clogs up the machine. ive used it 3 times and couldnt shred food properly, now its just gathering dust

Little off topic but used it today for preparing vegetables for soup and carrot cake - flawless execution so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

in Clonmel

I got a Silentnight 13,5 tog kingsize duvet for €10 - what a bargain :D

Got the last one, but they may be in other stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

Tesco Extra in Naas had a bunch of cushions reduced, all a bit random in terms of designs, priced between €3 and €3.50.

Paddy

Ps looks like the one I got is £8 in the UK - http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/ff-home-wave-cushion-pinkpurple/724-2765.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How do TESCOs figure this out. I went to Mahon one night and saw howling ale 6 pack beer on shelf for 3 euro (usually 10.99) so great and picked up last one which had grand long date on it. Popped into wilton and mallow and no offer, it was 10.99 on shelf, so how does it all work out in Tesco's eyes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

TheDriver wrote: »
    How do TESCOs figure this out. I went to Mahon one night and saw howling ale 6 pack beer on shelf for 3 euro (usually 10.99) so great and picked up last one which had grand long date on it. Popped into wilton and mallow and no offer, it was 10.99 on shelf, so how does it all work out in Tesco's eyes??

Did you self scan it to make sure it wasn't a store specific reduction?

Many times I've seen bargains posted here and my local tesco hasn't changed the shelf label but it scans at the reduced price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

TheDriver wrote: »

Thats exactly how this forum works. You find a bargain in your Tesco, I look in mine and find the price is still €10.99. I take it to the till and it scans at €3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

If the item has a yellow shelf edge label, it will also have a dates that the offer will run. These prices are country wide. And will scan the same as the tills are connected to head offices computer systems.

If the item has a yellow sticker saying reduced , these items are for that store only. Usually back stocks or damaged items.

If an item has a little star in the corner of the SEL( shelf edge label) it is end of line and reduced to clear in most cases.

EDIT. the little Tefal processor has been a reduced item of a long time now. Now is the time of year when stores and distributions centers are being cleared out for new lines coming in. Im guessing there was a few pallets on those items hiding away somewhere . They need to be gone so they keep getting reduced till there is no more in stores.
    Keep an eye on stationary . A whole new line came in, so all the older lines on certain items will need to be sold off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

cmdrRiker wrote: »

img1.jpg

Twas 69.99 when I checked it last night in Douglas :(
    You seen it upstairs beside the other food processors?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Twas 69.99 when I checked it last night in Douglas :(
    You seen it upstairs beside the other food processors?

I took this one from Clearance shelf just before the food processors - it had yellow "Reduced" sticker on it but it was not tampered with or anything so not even sure why the reduction.

DP again....

http://www.shavers.co.uk/product.php?product_id=1242

1242_large.jpg

Braun Silk epil 5, now €16 in Tesco Ballybeg. There was another Braun epil thing for €12 as well.

Must be a really old model, the only price I can find for it is £40 on the website above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭Gormal

The scanner in Tesco Manor West Tralee is ACTUALLY WORKING!! Hooray!! 1st time it's actually worked in like forever. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

893%5C5052109945893%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

71 cent!

white price ticket, so should be all stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

2 x Cornetto's
    2 x Magnums
    2 x Twisters
    2 x Milky and Choclate Ice Creams

All of this for 1.74 .. Absolute bargain I got it on Monday I think .. Could be gone by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

Tesco Drogheda, 24Hour one
    KitKat Chunky 4 pack, + 100% extra (so an 8 pack), €1.20.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Picked up a silent night duvet, kingsize 14.5 tog in Tesco Douglas yesterday for 6.50! ,was probably store specific but they keep randomly popping up so worth keeping an eye out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement