Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beware of backing with Boylesports

Options
  • 10-03-2013 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭

Placed a bet with Boylesports yesterday evening before 8:00pm on under 54.5 points in the England V Italy rugby game thats on tommorrow.
    Bet was placed via their website.
    Bet confirmed and 110% got bet receipt with under 54.5 points at 5/6.(did'nt take a screen shot).

Checked oddschecker this morning and noticed they had changed their line to 45.5.
    Then checked my account and they had changed my bet to under 45.5.(no email or phone call over the change).

Got on the phone to customer services to check what was going on.
    The customer service rep checked and reckoned there was no amendments to my account and that I must of backed under 45.5 points.

I explained I was 110% sure I backed under 54.5.
    She said she would check it with the traders and get back to me which she did and rang back a few hours later.

She was now saying that after to talking to the traders the line changed from 54.5 to 45.5 at 1:30pm yesterday afternoon
    and they did'nt know how my bet went through at 54.5 as the bet should of been 45.5 and basically all they could offer me was the correct price of
    under 45.5 it should of been or void the bet.

I took the void the bet option.

Now if you go onto oddschecker now at this moment it shows that at 8:00pm last night the line was 54.5 and it did'nt change untill 01:38am this morning.

They have basically amended the bet without notifying me and then denied that they did.

I reckon a trader made a fook up and is trying to cover his arse.

I would be very weary of this shower ever again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Shame on you allowing them void the bet. I have had experience of them changing bets when it comes to horse racing. A couple of times I have done match bets (1 horse in a race to beat another) and the screens have literally changed replacing one horse in the bet with another. You should have told them you had a screenshot of the original bet and you wanted it to be honoured. They know your bet was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Placed a bet with Boylesports yesterday evening before 8:00pm on under 54.5 points in the England V Italy rugby game thats on tommorrow.
    Bet was placed via their website.
    Bet confirmed and 110% got bet receipt with under 54.5 points at 5/6.(did'nt take a screen shot).

Checked oddschecker this morning and noticed they had changed their line to 45.5.
    Then checked my account and they had changed my bet to under 45.5.(no email or phone call over the change).

Got on the phone to customer services to check what was going on.
    The customer service rep checked and reckoned there was no amendments to my account and that I must of backed under 45.5 points.

I explained I was 110% sure I backed under 54.5.
    She said she would check it with the traders and get back to me which she did and rang back a few hours later.

She was now saying that after to talking to the traders the line changed from 54.5 to 45.5 at 1:30pm yesterday afternoon
    and they did'nt know how my bet went through at 54.5 as the bet should of been 45.5 and basically all they could offer me was the correct price of
    under 45.5 it should of been or void the bet.

I took the void the bet option.

Now if you go onto oddschecker now at this moment it shows that at 8:00pm last night the line was 54.5 and it did'nt change untill 01:38am this morning.

They have basically amended the bet without notifying me and then denied that they did.

I reckon a trader made a fook up and is trying to cover his arse.

I would be very weary of this shower ever again.

Shocking treatment Robbie.

Boylesports are making themselves look worse than Ladbrokes these days, which is some achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you can see the price was 54.5 on oddschecker.com, why not take a copy of that and ring them and say you are going to IBAS with this information?
    If there is a copy of something that shows they had a total of 54.5, then they couldn't change without letting you know.
    If it was me, I would have waited until the match was over and then kicked off if the bet was a loser, obviously having taken a screenshot of the 54.5 at 8pm.

I have found they are getting terrible for laying a price these days.
    It took them 10 minutes to get the okay for a €600 bet on a Grade 1 GAA match handicap at 5/6 last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Don't agree to anything. Insist they honour the bet or you will take it to arbitration.
    Way too many people allow bookies to walk all over them, switching odds, voiding bets and all the other stunts.
    I've taken two bookies to arbitration and won both times. Of course, you can expect your account to be limited severely afterwards to the extent that you might as well close it and open another elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Yea I probably gave in too easy but was out with the wife yesterday
    when they rang and could'nt realy talk.

At the stage of letting them void it tho all l had in unsettled bets was a under 45.5 bet that l had put more than l would of normally because l taught l was getting value.

I also did'nt realise the oddschecker info untill last night I would'nt of letting them void it if I had of known that info at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I also did'nt realise the oddschecker info untill last night I would'nt of letting them void it if I had of known that info at the time.

Take a copy now and go back to them and ask why they didn't honour the prices they had up and tried to say it was a different total at the time?
    Tell them if you don't get a satisfactory explanation, you will be contacting IBAS about it.
    At worst you will the same position you are now, at best you might get a Free bet (might depend on your buiness & P&L with them).
    Might be an idea to say you couldn't get another bet on as you were out or something like that so it seems like you have "lost" money when you should have won.

Advertisement