Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Bookies will not refund me my deposit after removing a market.

Options
  • 10-03-2013 3:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

I recently lodged a deposit into an Online betting agency and then discovered that they had a cap on the limit that I could bet on which was 20 % of what I lodged.

I lodged a bet and they refused to let me lodge the remainder of my balance on the same bet.

They have now refused to refund me the 80% that I have in my account. They have since removed the market that I was interested in and said that I have to use it up on other markets.

Have I any comeback?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Seems strange. who are they out of ciriosty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

You need to go through the sites T's & C's find the part about a deposit refund and go from there. If you've agreed by clicking agree to t's&c's that say there's a 20% max bet on a market and you can't get a deposit refunded then you have little to no recourse from either angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Depends on how you lodged the money.
    If it was via a credit card, there are ways to stop the payment going through.
    What's an online betting agency?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 Locanfetzava

They are called 188BET.

I have used several other betting agencies including P Powers, Pynnical, Betfred, Ladbrokes and had no hassle withdrawing excess cash after a capped stake. The correspondent was very unhelpful and smart when I pointed out that I was not interested in other markets and just wanted my cash back. She said that I should have first checked the T&C, how was I suppose to know that there was to be a minimum stake on that particular market that I wanted to bet on.

I also told them If I was to use up the rest of my balance I will close my account for good and bad mouth them on forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Can I ask how much of a stake you were looking to bet? I know some will not let you bet a huge amount straight away, as in deposit a large sum and then bet it all straight away on the one stake.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

Can I ask how much of a stake you were looking to bet? I know some will not let you bet a huge amount straight away, as in deposit a large sum and then bet it all straight away on the one stake.

I lodged 100 and the cap was 19.

Two other bookies doing the same market had limits of 50 first strike but would you let you bet again, odds dropping slightly but at least they let you bet the second and third time and would allow you to withdraw.

188BET were smart and a con job, they had their odds high to attract punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Seems strange, what market were you betting. €19 is pittance to some bets I've seen, unless you were getting massive odds and they suspected you to be scamming in some way.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Seems strange, what market were you betting. €19 is pittance to some bets I've seen, unless you were getting massive odds and they suspected you to be scamming in some way.

Novelty Next Pope.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics-and-election/next-pope/winner

Advertisement