Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

To the numpty skull who parked his van half way across the road I hope to god you get 2 punctures and the spare is flat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

:(

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4570592

There she is, my Dad's old barge. Pity we missed on out on buying it. Would be a great buy if anyone is looking at Superbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Back from Austria, near Salzburg.. lots and lots of high end metal, snowy mountain town so mostly AWD stuff, more Porsche's (Carrera 4S's and Cayenne's with a few Panamera's) than Ive ever seen. Sadly they dont actually sound that nice IMO (distinctive yes, nice no).. the nicest sounding thing was actually a white (but very dirty) Audi S5 burbling along purposively through the street. Saw an S7 too.

Audi easily had the marketshare though there was a lot of BMW's of the 4x4 variety, including an obsene amount of X6's, the car I know most hate but I really like. Strangly most of the high end stuff was Bronze in colour (from all makes), again a bit marmitey bit I like the colour (and X6):

IMG_0787_zpscd58e638.jpg

Thats the newer X6 40d model.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why didn't BMW ever sell the 3/5/7 series with their AWD system here do you know??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Why didn't BMW ever sell the 3/5/7 series with their AWD system here do you know??

Lack of potential sales I'd have thought. Not too many Quattro Audi's around Ireland might explain why? I'm purely guessing though tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »
    Lack of potential sales I'd have thought. Not too many Quattro Audi's around Ireland might explain why? I'm purely guessing though tbh

Weirdly the two audi owners i know are quattro owners!

@pred are three beep normal on A c5 if you take a corner too tight? Back driving and making a list of what the mechanic needs to look at when it gets serviced

Omg the freedom of being able to drive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Because they're committed to remaining a primarily RWD focused brand?, IIRC there was something to that effect posted by them on facebook recently enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

More audis are being sold Quattro these days I think, but alot of the older ones seemed to be Quattro was an expensive extra if memory serves me right.
    Don't think the xi models ever even sold here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Weirdly the two audi owners i know are quattro owners!

@pred are three beep normal on A c5 if you take a corner too tight? Back driving and making a list of what the mechanic needs to look at when it gets serviced

Omg the freedom of being able to drive!!!

I dont understand ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Coolest private plate ever - spotted on the road to Dublin recently...

sheanmus.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Because they're committed to remaining a primarily RWD focused brand?, IIRC there was something to that effect posted by them on facebook recently enough too

I thought there was an FWD Bimmer en route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I thought there was an FWD Bimmer en route?

Already has been two, the Rover 75 and MINI. In other news, Pina Coladas are tastier at noon. Well, I've been drinking them since 1130, but that's a mere detail. Not driving today. Well, not a motorised vehicle at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

thinking of changing my car in a month or so, will only be traveling a five minute commute to work so it doesn't justify having a diesel Audi A4 1.9TDI. I will be traveling less than 1000 mile a month all in.
    Very max budget 4k min engine size 1.6 max 2.0.
    no older than 2003
    No more expensive to insure than what I have at the moment.
    any ideas?
    I was thinking a subaru impreza 1.6.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    1.6`s Impreza`s are not only slow but they are very thirsty, avoid like the plague. PS I love Subarus btw
    what is 2.0 like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Katunga wrote: »
    what is 2.0 like?

Its 2.0 turbo or nothin'

:D

Its 2.0 turbo or nothin'

:D
    would never be able to get insured on 2.0 turbo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

I know, but my question was why they never sold them here or in the UK but my question has been answered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Despite all the other posts to the contrary, BMW did sell the AWD 5 series here in the e34 period, early to mid 90's.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C316855

Since then no, as noted they said it dilutes their brand message..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I regularly see an E34 525ix Touring around Sandyford. Think Marlow knows him actually. Not sure if it's a swimmer or not but always presumed it was.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    they said it dilutes their brand message..

What message is that? That one day a year, the Irish will be able to get nowhere in our RWD cars and if we sold 4WD there, we'd have great sales coming into winter because Paddy needs to get to mass on the one day it snows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

What message is that? :

The 2wd drive bog spec bore-mobile 2.0D 'Irish car' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

5357E9FE-7169-417C-AD37-1DD8E3B6FD31-8639-00000FC25477A528_zpsb45d45b3.jpg

807B005A-D863-4601-886C-DD56AF964016-8639-00000FC2593C013E_zps60b26cd8.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Manager at work wants to buy my car within the next 3 weeks. He has been asking about it for months. could be a good way to get rid of it. 3 weeks to find something to buy aint easy though

You have your options narrowed down - E36/E46 BMW or an Audi TT. Easy decision :P

Top Gear was absolutely class tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got sms from co-worker. Asked if i am selling Ford... Some friend wants to buy it.

Told her 200eu and they can take it as it is. good old fordie was a great horse. If it can help someone else, they may it be!

Its my birthday this month, so that would be 200eu to spend on lego! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

You have your options narrowed down - E36/E46 BMW or an Audi TT. Easy decision :P

Missed it tonight. Nearly positive I recorded it though. I'm off work sick tomorrow so that's an hour of the day planned.

Just noticed that Barry Barry closed his account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

insurance on the TT aint happening :(
    cooper s/325/93 aero

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement