Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro tools without the iLok? HELP!!

Options
  • 02-03-2013 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

So i'm after getting the software for Pro tools 10. Have it all installed and i when i open it it loads as normal but it gets to a certain point then i get a message looking for the iLok Hardware..

I've heard already that some people get error messages before the program even opens saying that they need iLok authorization but i am only getting a message saying to insert the hardware when the program itself is opening.

Anyway my question is... If i buy an iLok USB online and insert that should my pro tools work since its only asking for the hardware not the license?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Did your pro tools not come with the ilok? The ilok is there to prevent fraud. If you have bought it without ilok from a dealer I would return it.

If you have downloaded it free, GO BUY IT. YMMV.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

the iLok holds your license. You can put other ones on it not just PT. The iLok itself is not the license - it's like an authorisation system that you upload licenses to, via an online server system. PT usually send you one as a courtesy with their software. If they forgot to send you one then contact your supplier.

Advertisement