Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto 2013 accommodation

• 21-02-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

My previous thread was closed for some reason but does anyone have any advice for accommodation in Canada? I'm going this summer with some friends and we'd like to meet others who are going to the Toronto area and any helpful advice would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 econolinejo

My previous thread was closed for some reason but does anyone have any advice for accommodation in Canada? I'm going this summer with some friends and we'd like to meet others who are going to the Toronto area and any helpful advice would be great :)

Hey, im from toronto area, as far as accommodations go, just avoid staying anywhere right downtown by the CN tower or Rogers Centre and you should be fine.. its very expensive in the heart of the city.. you can check out Kijiji.ca its the classifieds site we use here im sure you can find some helpful stuff, check under the Real Estate category for room rentals, vacation rentals or couch surfing if thats what you're into!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 howlermonkey

Thanks! Do you know how hard is it to find a decent place to rent being a student and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 econolinejo

Ah it should be fine to find a place - just expensive. Are you going to be going to school in Toronto?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Monkiki

Any tips for accom would be welcome! Myself and 2 friends are heading to Toronto in May/June... Haven't got a clue where to begin as I'm not familiar with any areas. We are probably going to stay in a hostel for the first 10 nights- can anyone recommend a decent one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Monkiki wrote: »
    Any tips for accom would be welcome! Myself and 2 friends are heading to Toronto in May/June... Haven't got a clue where to begin as I'm not familiar with any areas. We are probably going to stay in a hostel for the first 10 nights- can anyone recommend a decent one?

I remember seeing this one. Dunno what its like.

Global Village

• Registered Users Posts: 22 laney22

Planet traveller or the Canadiana

• Registered Users Posts: 19 howlermonkey

I'm going with 3 of my friends and we're going there to work for the summer and travel so we have no idea what we're doing either or where exactly we are going to stay, so it'll probably be in a hostel for the first few nights until we find something and find people to share it with!

Advertisement