Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Magaluf Summer 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 benji2012

Nice1 :) how much did it cost you? IM going with 2 other lads and wondering would it be cheaper to get an appartment rather then go with sunkiss?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 deniseosull89

benji2012 wrote: »
    Nice1 :) how much did it cost you? IM going with 2 other lads and wondering would it be cheaper to get an appartment rather then go with sunkiss?
    Ahm 100 registration .. That's the rip off but I figure its my first time.. Bitta guidance might be handy :)! Then 101 for flights .. And have another 350 to pay for apartment,for the month! Ya it would be cheaper book a cheap holiday nd work away,I just like the fact iv a months grace ta sort stuff :) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

Wils110 wrote: »
    I've done my time away 8 months pr'in in the reef a euro a head June is very late for maga.......if you went to maga took it serious worked your balls off you would come home with a few grand...my missus did a season there made a fortune she did I know girls stripping who make 30,000 grand in a season out there

I was thinking of heading to tenerife around 28th of may. How hard is it to get a job out there? Do you need any Spanish? Playas de las americas was the place i was looking at going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Dead handy you be prin though sound of cream busiest bar on the strip put your head down you make 60 quid a night

• Registered Users Posts: 31 benji2012

Anybody know a good cheap workers apparment in magaluf for the summer? heard people mention playamar, dunno anyplace beside that thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 aoife_o_c

anyone here going with sun kiss to magaluf? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 madden931

Was thinking ofusing sun kiss but u could just book an apartment with two others would save to a couple of hundred euro.....but i dont know wat to do...heading over by myself aswell...

ya see i wanted to do that aswel but none of my friends would do it so i just went with sun kiss !

Yeh maybe i should do that, its a bit pricey tho, do u have to pay the 550 altogether?

you don't have to pay the accommodation till 8 weeks before you leave :)

• Advertisement

Around how much should I bring over if im going for june/july?

aoife_o_c wrote: »
    anyone here going with sun kiss to magaluf? :)
    I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PurpleStarCici

Hey guys, just thought I would share some of my experience with you. I'm 17, turning 18 this July and I've been researching working in Magaluf this summer for several months now. I came very close several times to booking with the various companies, playaway, sunkiss, and airpro. Playaway, for example, came to a total of €658 not including flights for 4 weeks leaving on July 16th. I've come to the conclusion that this is a complete waist of my hard earned money, so I decided to do some more research myself. I messaged BCM nightclub on facebook and they provided me with email addresses so I can secure a job there. I'm only looking to be out there for about a month from mid July. I can get flights for less than €300. Is anyone interested in sharing an apartment over there or something? I'd rather not stay on my own and we could organise our own nights out and stuff to make up for not being with the companies, just a suggestion! Feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SunKing

I'd be interested in this too! I'm a student from Dublin, 19, looking to head late May / early June possibly?

SunKing wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this too! I'm a student from Dublin, 19, looking to head late May / early June possibly?

Thinking the same myself was gonna go tenerife but said magaluf would be better craic. Thinking of going over for that Irish takeover thing in mallorca rocks have a laugh and look for a job while doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnjames92

Im going over on at the start of may. Can't wait now its going to be great craic, Im sure I will run into all of ye out there at some stage! We may organise a big piss up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ailish Mc Kenna

Heyy- Im a student 22 from DIT final year! Sooo happy to hear Irish peeps are going over to work! I am booking with Playaway as am heading on my own so dont mind paying a bit extra! Only thing is I wont be finished exams till late so am either heading 28th of May of 18th of June! Not too sure which date to choose as of yet! Is anyone heading over that late??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 syna7x

Going with 3 other people, for 3 months, would it be better to book an apartment and flights and go scouting for jobs, or to sign up with Sunkiss or one of those companies? Are they legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Craig93

Book an appartment and flights from what I've heard, Sunkiss and that will charge a lot of money and do hardly anything for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnjames92

syna7x wrote: »
    Going with 3 other people, for 3 months, would it be better to book an apartment and flights and go scouting for jobs, or to sign up with Sunkiss or one of those companies? Are they legit?
    Book a cheap holiday apartment for a week or so and go scouting for jobs, so of those companies like playaway and sunkiss are rip offs charge you a rip off registration fee. Im not sure which company it is but they take a percentage of your earnings pluuuuuuuus you're not guaranteed a job anymore than if you went around yourself looking. You'll save yourself some money and you'll have more control if you do it yourself. As far as accommodation for the 3 months there is very little you can actually do about that till you're there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 GalwayGirl1414

Hi guys im a 21 year girl from NUIG...many Irish heading out to work? :)

Heading out Wednesday, hoping im not too late to get a job

I hope so too I amnt heading out till the 10th.. are you going by yourself?

Nah 2 other lads heading aswell so hopefully we all get work. are you?

Heading out with two friends too, hope their is loads of Irish out there working would be great craic :)

Hey guys,!!
    Said id shed some light on my experience this last summer :D!
    Flew out the 22nd of may, went with sunkiss! Got a job pr-ing my first night ..
    Worked 8 till 2 ,€30 a night! 7 nights a week . . . They generally want you a bit tipsy to chat & such, its a given everybodys a better PR when drunk ;) .. Not too drunk mind :P ..
    Get your workers band it'l save U loads :) .. Got feck all sun coz was literally asleep all day everyday!
    In terms of sunkiss every1 gives them really bad press, but there really not as bad as they're made out to be! As it was my first summer going away I think it was a good idea , Scott & Louis were my reps! They do try and help out as much as they can .... Organised nights out most nights ,and beach days with the group :) .. Makes U loadsa friends :) so in that sense im glad I went with them!! And there esp good if ur goin alone ..
    Planning on goin again next summer (2014),but doing it myself .. Any1 interested let me know :)
    Any questions don't hesitate to ask!!
    Denise x

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mcloua29

Anybody going magaluf 2014 to work for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kells94

hi i was just wondering how do u plan these things yourself? Its my first year to work abroad and i just want to be gauranteed something when i go over. I have heard so mant bad things about sunkiss I dont want to take the chance.

Advertisement