Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Welfare Site Review

Options
  • 13-02-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I have just finished creating my first website. If anyone has time for some feedback on it that would be great. I am still working on SEO stuff (SEO tips welome) and need a site map also. Thanks

www.rescueanimalsireland.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc

It looks very good. :) Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ihb275

emermc wrote: »
    It looks very good. :) Best of luck with it.

Thanks! Took some time to do but seems to be going OK so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

The location seems out of place and I find it quite hard to spot. I would float it to the right of the NAV see image attached.

Also the slogan seems oddly placed.

Did you use a template or code it yourself?

I'd change the date in the footer and if possible get rid of the Joomla template link

It's good work tho and just needs a few small improvements

redman85 wrote: »
    The location seems out of place and I find it quite hard to spot. I would float it to the right of the NAV see image attached.

Also the slogan seems oddly placed.

Did you use a template or code it yourself?

I'd change the date in the footer and if possible get rid of the Joomla template link

It's good work tho and just needs a few small improvements

Do you mean the search location? I used a template but easy enough to change things around on it.

The slogan annoys me, partly because I have no idea what to write there. Was thinking of just getting rid of it altogether.

Thanks for the suggestions. Very helpful. It's hard to judge it when I've been starting at it for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

ihb275 wrote: »
    Do you mean the search location? I used a template but easy enough to change things around on it.

The slogan annoys me, partly because I have no idea what to write there. Was thinking of just getting rid of it altogether.

Thanks for the suggestions. Very helpful. It's hard to judge it when I've been starting at it for so long.

For the search box, I would move it the right with a green border rather then gray or move it to your menu bar right hand side.

Slogan... like you said is not important at the moment, perhaps in the future you might add a member forums for FAQ's you could have a feedback section there for site suggestions...

• Advertisement

OK I have moved the search box to the menu bar and removed the slogan. I can't remove the joomla link as it disables the template. Might make my own eventually but for now it will do.

A members forum would be good. But don't know if I would have time to moderate it.

Hopefully adding some more info this weekend so need to start that now.

Advertisement