Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Dublin Bus advert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

That Harlem Shake thing is the stupidest meme ever created. Please let it die a quick death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have no idea what I just watched. But I didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

That is a good ad. I will now not be using Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

WTF was that. Its that a meme? It should die in a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

[rant]
    This Harlem Shake stuff is getting out of hand....
    Why the heck do people think it's cool to post videos of themselves doing stupid things like this on line.

First it was those flash mob things, then planking, then milking, gagnam style, and now this.
    I actually feel sorry for anyone who thinks people are interested in seeing them do these things.
    [/rant]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Masked muppets out of control on a Dublin Bus? Just the thing to encourage the populous.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

That's fuckin weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Not watching it. Dublin bus is for quears.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Should be in the WTF thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

BizzyC wrote: »
    [rant]
    This Harlem Shake stuff is getting out of hand....
    Why the heck do people think it's cool to post videos of themselves doing stupid things like this on line.

First it was those flash mob things, then planking, then milking, gagnam style, and now this.
    I actually feel sorry for anyone who thinks people are interested in seeing them do these things.
    [/rant]

Ah come on, it's just a joke. It's a bit of light hearted fun that it isn't meant to be taken seriously. Honestly, I've laughed at a good few of these videos. In a depressing world of serious ****e, we have these breaks of fun universal to many nationalities, races and cultures. I don't consider myself stupid, my first love is science and technology, can i not take 30 minutes a day to laugh at something 'stupid'?

There is some lot of tossers on boards these days, as soon as something becomes popular the keyboards warriors go to war with it. The same people can be found ironically ridiculing hipsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

squod wrote: »
    Not watching it. Dublin bus is for quears.

Have to agree and I don't mean gays, they'd have more sense than that. I mean quears in the old sense. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who never heard of the Harlem Shake until they saw this clip?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Can you imagine the old wan that walks up to that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I'm usually a fan of weird pointless humour. But I really don't get this Harlem Shake thing at all. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ridicule and insult my intelligence all you want, I find Harlem Shake videos funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Ah come on, it's just a joke. It's a bit of light hearted fun that it isn't meant to be taken seriously. Honestly, I've laughed at a good few of these videos. In a depressing world of serious ****e, we have these breaks of fun universal to many nationalities, races and cultures. I don't consider myself stupid, my first love is science and technology, can i not take 30 minutes a day to laugh at something 'stupid'?

There is some lot of tossers on boards these days, as soon as something becomes popular the keyboards warriors go to war with it. The same people can be found ironically ridiculing hipsters.

Come off it, it's a bunch of knackers annoying other people on a bus doing something loud and crass, not to mention ruining a seat of two by pouring coke all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

^ I still don't get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Come off it, it's a bunch of knackers annoying other people on a bus doing something loud and crass, not to mention ruining a seat of two by pouring coke all over it.

Chances are these aren't knackbags, probably a college stunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Don't really get it either.
    Here's Fr. Noel Furlong doing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Chances are these aren't knackbags, probably a college stunt.

Do these 2 need to be mutually exclusive?
    Ah it was a college stunt so I am sure they had the coke cleaned from the seats and floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

I wasn't talking about the video in the OP in particular.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Christ on a bike, the Harlem Shake is nothing but a laugh lighten the fúck up will ye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

When it's done once it's a laugh....

Problem with these things is that they multiply and it becomes a case of
    "hey remember that exact thing you've seen 500 times, it's funnier this time cause it's on a bus!!"

It was the same with those "hitler's reaction" videos.
    Funny at first, very quickly gets over used

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

At least those 'hitler's reaction' vids were clever, and actually funny at first.. some still are amusing.

Harlem shake however? ****ing stupid. Worse than 'planking'.

Advertisement