Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greyhound Waste Thread - MOD WARNING in Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

I have not yet met anyone who has successfully received a refund from Greyhound.

Can anyone on here confirm whether a single Euro credit balance has been repaid ? If so, how was the payment made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

I haven't received any refund from Greyhound. We cancelled our account 3 weeks ago, got an email confirming the cancellation and stating the monies owed to us would be refused within 2 weeks.

I checked the account balance on Tuesday only to discover that €19 had been deducted, only to come home to a letter from Greyhound saying they'd noticed I hadn't paid my annual service charge and had, for my convenience, switched me to their €19 per month tariff.

Would be very interested to hear if anyone has gotten money from them and, if so, how long it took?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

They didn't have your permission to do that. I'd chase them for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Still no bins collected, still no money refunded. What is the next step o this. Small claims court? I'm not waiting around indefinitely for GH to decide when they give the money back.

They won't collect your bins unless your account is in credit, yet it takes them weeks to give a refund?

Electric wrote: »
    I haven't received any refund from Greyhound. We cancelled our account 3 weeks ago, got an email confirming the cancellation and stating the monies owed to us would be refused within 2 weeks.

I checked the account balance on Tuesday only to discover that €19 had been deducted, only to come home to a letter from Greyhound saying they'd noticed I hadn't paid my annual service charge and had, for my convenience, switched me to their €19 per month tariff.

Would be very interested to hear if anyone has gotten money from them and, if so, how long it took?

What I'm hearing here is that this is going to generate an administrative nightmare that will take months to sort out.

I would be interested to see whether the €19 is deducted next month also, or whether they manage to 'roll back' all of these allocations to new payment plans.

I also notice that most of the fixed line numbers to Greyhound have been cut off and now people are forced to use the 1890 numbers. Do Greyhound make a profit from people calling these numbers, as I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of calls per day.

The 01-4612800 number still works but I haven't called it during office hours to see if they will put you through to the appropriate call queue.

• Advertisement

Electric wrote: »

Any chance you could post a copy of the email received so that we can see the terminology and commitment for refunds ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Bins collected yesterday. Now I can forget all about GH

Kace wrote: »
    Any chance you could post a copy of the email received so that we can see the terminology and commitment for refunds ?

Thanks

Here's the email, I received it on 13 January:

"Hi [Electric],

Thank you for your email and sorry for the delayed response. Your account has been cancelled. We will have your bins removed and credit refunded within the next two weeks. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Kind Regards,

[Greyhound],

Marketing Assistant & Customer Care Agent

goz83 wrote: »
    They didn't have your permission to do that. I'd chase them for it.

I have a feeling that all of this is going to end up in small claims court, which given the amount involved (we're owed about €30), is going to make it a pointless exercise, but it's the principle of the matter.

I get the feeling that GH are betting that most people won't bother to chase them for the remaining owed monies as even with it most people are going save against last year.

If even 50% of people do't bother that's a nice little earner for GH. I reckon we should put this back onto the council, it was they that signed up GH in the first place. I will be writing to my local TD and council tonight to try to get something done about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The bins are gone woohoo. Good riddance Greyhound.

Mine are still there. I was going to drop them off at GH in Clondalkin, because I was going to buy a car and clondalkin was kind of on the way, but unfortunately the seller is still using the car, so i decided not to deliver their bins.

The bins are gone woohoo. Good riddance Greyhound.

Are you owed any money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Kace wrote: »
    Are you owed any money ?

€2

€2

Definitely one for the small claims court when they don't pay up then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭morton

I just got a refund. I cancelled greyhound on the last day of december by sending letter off and emailing too. A handwritten cheque came in post this morning, and the cheque was dated 17/1/2013, so there must be a backlog. I'm off to lodge it in the morning (before it bounces!)

Still have greyhound bins though ......I want to leave them in the front garden but don't want to, incase the local phantom street-bin-filler-upper decides to dispose their household waste in my old bins.

morton wrote: »
    I just got a refund. I cancelled greyhound on the last day of december by sending letter off and emailing too. A handwritten cheque came in post this morning, and the cheque was dated 17/1/2013, so there must be a backlog. I'm off to lodge it in the morning (before it bounces!)

Still have greyhound bins though ......I want to leave them in the front garden but don't want to, incase the local phantom street-bin-filler-upper decides to dispose their household waste in my old bins.

If someone does dispose of rubbsh in the old bins, it's not your fault. GH have taken more than 2 weeks to recover their property. What people do with GH property is not your concern. I looked into the balck bin yesterday and there was just a mcdonalds bag in it, but i don't care if people fill it up. It's not my property, or responsibility, but it's annoying that they are outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Well I am half way there having received a full refund from Greyhound. It did take a letter mentioning my solicitor. Just a matter of them collecting their bins.

Hitbit

GH bins still outside my garden. No surprise really, but no teenagers have been at them in a good while :( I was hoping they'd be taken, but it's probably just a matter of time.....i'm thinking Halloween :pac:

I received my Oxigen invoice today for the next 3 months. Their service has been good, but i'm now thinking about the Citybin offer. Is the €99 deal still on? I'm trying to access their site, but it's loading up properly. ANyone else have trouble accessing it? The home page won't even fully load. All other sites I have checked are working just fine, so it can't be my computer. Same problem when I tried on the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Just tried it and it's loading fine for me. Offer is still on. First 10,000 ... I think it was first 5,000 when it first came out.

Actually, not loading past the front page ... just tried to click the link and it's stalled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Cancelled my Greyhound contract via Email middle of last month.

Got a reply last night saying I would be charged 40-odd euro for collecting the bins and further charges for not giving two months notice.

I emailed them back saying as no contract existed between us then I was not liable for any charges. (I hadn't paid any top-up fee and my account had only a couple of euro in it).

Got a reply back from them saying that the original email was just a generic response and I wouldn't be charged anything.

Looks like they try it on with the first one, or they're attempting to scare people into staying with them.

Chancers........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Quick update. Received a full refund by cheque last week. Bins were picked up a few weeks ago. I was owed the balance on unused fees which they had auto topped up and the service charge for half of 2013 which they auto took at the end of December. I did not use the bins once in 2013 so demanded everything back.

Main thing is to keep at them. My parents are having a terrible time so I have taken it on for them. My feeling is that Greyhound hope that at least some of the people just give up and don'tn bother looking for the refund.

stoneill wrote: »

Something doesn't smell right about the councils failure to produce an affidavit. Wonder if it'll be repeated and then thrown out by the judge :rolleyes:

On another note: my GH bins were FINALLY recovered yesterday. It only took like 10 weeks from when I informed GH I was to cancel my service with them. Maybe they were waiting for an empty container to China :pac:

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Quick update. Received a full refund by cheque last week. Bins were picked up a few weeks ago. I was owed the balance on unused fees which they had auto topped up and the service charge for half of 2013 which they auto took at the end of December. I did not use the bins once in 2013 so demanded everything back.

Main thing is to keep at them. My parents are having a terrible time so I have taken it on for them. My feeling is that Greyhound hope that at least some of the people just give up and don'tn bother looking for the refund.

Nice one re your own situation - which seems very clear cut.

Any chance you would elaborate on your parents' terrible time. I would have thought this should be starting to beome a straighforward process at this stage...

Closed my account with Greyhound in early December. They have still not collected their bins.

Hitbit

Bins still not collected. Any one know the legal situation here. Can I dump their bins.

Hitbit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Invoice them for storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you wish to seek legal advice - contact a solicitor.

Legal advice is neither to be asked for, nor given on this site.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 struper1

hitbit wrote: »
    Bins still not collected. Any one know the legal situation here. Can I dump their bins.

Hitbit

no, I wouldn't dump their bins. just keep at them

Advertisement