Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2013

Options
  • 27-01-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey!..
    Hope someone can help us!.. My friend and I are thinking about doing a J1 this summer! but have no idea where to go?. we have family in Chicago, New York and San fran but don't know if it will be a good idea go to a city? There's just the 2 of us so we wanna go were there will be lots of people!.. Any help at all will be appreciated!.. :) We know its getting late so we need to get booking!.. :)
    Thanks!..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Katie28G wrote: »
    Hey!..
    Hope someone can help us!.. My friend and I are thinking about doing a J1 this summer! but have no idea where to go?. we have family in Chicago, New York and San fran but don't know if it will be a good idea go to a city? There's just the 2 of us so we wanna go were there will be lots of people!.. Any help at all will be appreciated!.. :) We know its getting late so we need to get booking!.. :)
    Thanks!..

I think you answered your own question there Katie :p

It makes sense to go to one of the three places where you have family, could help you get set up with accomodation and/or jobs. I heard NY is quite expensive and more difficult to get jobs than other places.

I put down the deposit last night for Denver, first time going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coco pop

Hi guys!
    Myself and a few friends are heading to San Diego this summer but we're worried about jobs/accommodation/drinking etc. Anybody have any past experiences to share? Thanks so much ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

They're all great towns, but of the 3 you've mentioned, I'd recommend Chicago. NY is an expensive place to get started in, as is SF, and in both cases you'll likely be either paying a fortune in rent or suffering a long commute into the city for work.

Chicago is cheaper, but still has good public transport and a great nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Katie28G

Yeah we seem to be kinda going for Chicago!.. Thanks!.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ruairio

Anyone know a good spot on the East Coast??? If so, do you know of anywhere with cheap enough accommodation?! Me and 12 other lads at a loss as to where we should go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement