Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Life Hacks to Simplify your World

• 25-01-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

You may have seen some of these at one stage in the YLYL thread..

.. but some absolute winners in here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Some other good ones not in the 50;
    tumblr_mbyiitoduk1qhkzpz.jpg
    tumblr_mbyijgeiua1qhkzpz.jpg
    tumblr_mbyiklry061qhkzpz.jpg
    tumblr_mbyikrUJ0B1qhkzpz.jpg
    tumblr_mbyii4tChO1qhkzpz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Basq wrote: »
    You may have seen some of these at one stage in the YLYL thread..

.. but some absolute winners in here!

I stumbledupon that link a while ago and put some to good use. However, a word to the wise regarding No.11...go easy when wiping a loaded paint brush on an elastic band unless you want to splatter the entire room with paint splodges :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Just tried the 'Brownie in a Mug'. Not too bad. A bit heavy, but worth the effort. Ice cream is a must with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Almost make you wish there was a whole forum on boards dedicated to it...oh wait..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=923
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Some of these are a bit dodgy:

Number 9. Who wants a hole in their strawberry?
    Number 11: What happens when the rubber band snaps? Paint all over the shop.
    Number 13: Do we really need to encourage MORE drinking?

Plus he seems to be obsessed with cables....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

Really like the ideas
    thanx for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭GBX

juan.kerr wrote: »

Number 9. Who wants a hole in their strawberry?
    Number 11: What happens when the rubber band snaps? Paint all over the shop.

Plus he seems to be obsessed with cables....
    9: some people prefer no stalk in their strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

#38 wouldn't work here - and a good thing too, since it's a potential electrical fire hazard. You don't want to see that in a workshop environment. If it's powering something that draws a lot of current, the loop will lead to induction heating, the insulation could melt and the wires short out. Not good.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't really get why you would pour pancake mix from a jug into a splotch-inducing ketchup bottle
    That's more messy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

juan.kerr wrote: »
    larrydavid.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Many more here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056371112 on the Lifehacking forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Many more here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056371112 on the Lifehacking forum :)

Avoid wading through all the old and not very good lifehacks in the lifehacks forum, by waiting until someone posts a Top 50 in the Cool Vids & Pics & links forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I think I'll be on the beach this summer collecting sun screen bottles while people are away from their stuff. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Reminds me of Viz.

239135.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Read this handy tip (at least I think it is :p) in some magazine before and I've been using it ever since! Whenever I make cheese on toast or toasted cheese sandwiches I put the bread in the toaster, when it's toasted put the butter and cheese on and then I pop into the microwave until the cheese is nice and melted. That way the bread doesn't burn like it can under the grill if left for too long, you can properly melt the cheese, instead of having lumps in some places (I like to put on a lot of cheese okay :p) and it's mess free!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Read this handy tip (at least I think it is :p) in some magazine before and I've been using it ever since! Whenever I make cheese on toast or toasted cheese sandwiches I put the bread in the toaster, when it's toasted put the butter and cheese on and then I pop into the microwave until the cheese is nice and melted. That way the bread doesn't burn like it can under the grill if left for too long, you can properly melt the cheese, instead of having lumps in some places (I like to put on a lot of cheese okay :p) and it's mess free!:)

there are some things in life you just dont feck around with.

Cheese on toast is one of those things.

Grill the thing goddammit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

there are some things in life you just dont feck around with.

Cheese on toast is one of those things.

Grill the thing goddammit

I don't have to justify my way of making toasted cheese sandwich to you!:p I think it's way better anyway, but my main reason was just it was easier to really melt the cheese without the bread burning before it had melted.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

January wrote: »

Try it and see.

The reset button may be in different places for different models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I don't have to justify my way of making toasted cheese sandwich to you!:p I think it's way better anyway, but my main reason was just it was easier to really melt the cheese without the bread burning before it had melted.:pac:

We do that, well we'll make toast, make a cheese sandwich then microwave it. It's awesome. Sometimes we'll stall making dinner until its "too late for a big dinner" just so we can have them.

• Advertisement

Tried the lighting a piece of Spaghetti to light a candle one. Didn't work and now my sitting room smells of burnt spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Number 1 that holds the cables in paper clips, how is the end of the cable supposed to go through the clip if each end of the cable is big?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

salonfire wrote: »
    Number 1 that holds the cables in paper clips, how is the end of the cable supposed to go through the clip if each end of the cable is big?

They're wider at the base...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

salonfire wrote: »
    Newaglish wrote: »
    They're wider at the base...

eh just squeeze the metal "tab" to remove it, slot through the gap and reinsert the "tab"

Advertisement