Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

enas wrote: »
    Mine arrived too. Except I didn't waste any my two free Parcel Motel deliveries. I price matched them with Evans, who do free delivery to Ireland. Pretty clever I have to say :)

Well played sir, I didn't know price match could be used for sale items. Bit miffed to see I got screwed on exchange rate or credit card fee or something as it actually came to €73 instead of €68 on my statement

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

marketty wrote: »
    Well played sir, I didn't know price match could be used for sale items.

You can have a look at their conditions:

http://www.evanscycles.com/help/price-match

They're pretty clear, which I like.
    Bit miffed to see I got screwed on exchange rate or credit card fee or something as it actually came to €73 instead of €68 on my statement

Something that could be is that the site displays price in euro, but then really charges you card in sterling (the euro is just an estimate). I hate when they do that, which is why I always set the websites to display prices in sterling, to remove any ambiguity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Hey Folks anybody have any links or know any good LBS doing a good deal on tubes ATM? Need to order/pick some up today for 700 23's. The better half has taken to getting punctures on my bike like they've become collectible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Hey Folks anybody have any links or know any good LBS doing a good deal on tubes ATM? Need to order/pick some up today for 700 23's. The better half has taken to getting punctures on my bike like they've become collectible!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82754191&postcount=1583

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Not overly familar with those sites but looks good! Can I buy it and print it off straight away to use?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

seamus wrote: »
    Some great deals on Diadora road shoes here for anyone looking to upgrade. Usually they only have baby sizes in stock in these sales, but seems to be loads available;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69089
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69386
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55908

ordered a pair there as only have tri bike shoes right now and don't want to use them all the time on the turbo/normal cycles. cheers for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Not overly familar with those sites but looks good! Can I buy it and print it off straight away to use?

Huh?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

mossym wrote: »
    ordered a pair there as only have tri bike shoes right now and don't want to use them all the time on the turbo/normal cycles. cheers for the link

Ordered a pair too..Fantastic price and it even accepted another 15% off voucher I had...

Many thanks for the link-As I convinced the missus, ChainReaction ALMOST paid me to take them off their hands (well, almost!):)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I bought one on Friday and used in on Saturday. It was easy to use, just hand in the voucher and it was worth €40 (bought the voucher for €19).

I'm surprised only around 30 seem to have been bought, as it's a pretty good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Very good deals on continental tires on bike24.com
    Got a set of Grand Prix attack and force for €45
    http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=442;page=1;menu=1000,4,22,35;mid=4;pgc=;orderby=2

Essentially the same tyres as the Grand Prix 4000s postage is €10 but even with just that they're great value.
    GP 4000s and GP 4seasons are available for €30 though I was also tempted to just get the regular Grand Prix at €15. Have one since new on the front of my bike for more than two years 10,000K or so and I only got my second puncture in it a week ago and the first flat was nearly two years ago.

Also picked up 2 pairs of SwissStop black brake pads for €16.90 from them.
    http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=8894;page=1;menu=1000,4,170;mid=192

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

mossym wrote: »

yeh couldnt resist another pair of speed racers at that price :D

Btw chainreaction price drop prices finish at 4 pm today just in case anyone is thinking of ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Ryath wrote: »

I'm particularly liking their pricing on the new BXP pads that supersed the already excellent green high power (GHP) ones. You just know they'll be a tenner more expensive when the big UK stores eventually get them online. So, I think I'll have some of that action, have to pick up some bar tape and othe bits anyway - doesnt hurt that their prices there are amongst the best online at the minute either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=442;page=1;menu=1000,4,22,35;mid=4;pgc=;orderby=2

Essentially the same tyres as the Grand Prix 4000s postage is €10 but even with just that they're great value.
    GP 4000s and GP 4seasons are available for €30 though I was also tempted to just get the regular Grand Prix at €15. Have one since new on the front of my bike for more than two years 10,000K or so and I only got my second puncture in it a week ago and the first flat was nearly two years ago.

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=8894;page=1;menu=1000,4,170;mid=192

anyone want share an order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

manafana wrote: »

Planning to order a pair of campag zondas off them next week when i get paid, unless css will price match them, could share an order if I go down this route...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

colm_gti wrote: »
    Planning to order a pair of campag zondas off them next week when i get paid, unless css will price match them, could share an order if I go down this route...

pm'ed you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Just noticed that on my email they charge Irish VAT so tires are actually €46.50 Still very good though. Also got a Suunto USB ANT+ stick for €25.70 plan is to use trainerroad.com to bring a bit more focus to my turbo sessions. And pair of SKS chromoplastics for €27.90 for an old bike as I'm sick of washing my good bike.
    Very impressed with speed of bike24 ordered late last night email at 9.52 this morning they had been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'd be interested in sharing an order for those tyres, but as I'm based in Waterford perhaps the delivery savings would be offset by awkwardness handling over here....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Yes please, tyres only!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Bike-discount.de have similar discounts on those ( and other ) tyres.

Also spotted these frame deals, which look good:

Radon RCS carbon frame (no fork) @ €299 56cm only
    Cube Agree Pro 2012 Alu frame @ €199 - most sizes

Cycle superstore have an in store only sale on wheels starting Thursday with a unique 'offer book' option, might be worth sticking in an offer if you are passing!

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Bike-discount.de have similar discounts on those ( and other ) tyres.

Also spotted these frame deals, which look good:

Radon RCS carbon frame (no fork) @ €299 56cm only
    Cube Agree Pro 2012 Alu frame @ €199 - most sizes

The cube looks like a decent buy. Does not include forks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Cycle superstore have an in store only sale on wheels starting Thursday with a unique 'offer book' option, might be worth sticking in an offer if you are passing!

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=200

had a look at that and the offer on the fulcrum 3's looked a bit too good to be true - €200 for wheelset that is over €500 on wiggle and crc.:eek: rang them up to check what stock they have and was told they have two sets at €395 and €400
    :(

bren_mc wrote: »
    had a look at that and the offer on the fulcrum 3's looked a bit too good to be true - €200 for wheelset that is over €500 on wiggle and crc.:eek: rang them up to check what stock they have and was told they have two sets at €395 and €400

What if you bring a screenshot of their webpage? Surely they have to honour the offer they advertise online? Of course, €400 is still not a bad price, but less of an absolute bargain that €200 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

^^^^^
    it does say on the site that the sale starts on the 24th (tomorrow), and its only in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

What if you bring a screenshot of their webpage? Surely they have to honour the offer they advertise online? Of course, €400 is still not a bad price, but less of an absolute bargain that €200 is.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case: if they make a genuine mistake they are not bound to honour the quoted price. tbh i was expecting it to be some sort of error and I didn't want to travel up from Drogheda without knowing for sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lenny is right, it is in store only, great way to increase footfall. I imagine they'll honour any offers in store. Its hard to dismiss something face to face particularly if there are more than usual people around.

The fulcrum 3's are the 2011 edition. 2013 version is €500 on wiggle. But the 2011's are €485 on CRC so make of that what you will. I'd say they probably only have 1/2 sets of 2011's left

I'm pretty sure that's not the case: if they make a genuine mistake they are not bound to honour the quoted price. tbh i was expecting it to be some sort of error and I didn't want to travel up from Drogheda without knowing for sure.

I know what you mean. However, as others said, it's supposed to only start tomorrow, so that's maybe why they said that. If I were you and I really wanted them, I would travel there anyway, with a copy of their webpage, and chance it. Even if it turns out to be a mistake, I can't imagine they would try to resist too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I am so close to pulling the trigger on this.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=85859

My MTB frame is old and full suspension and the fork seals are blown. I think it would actually cost €160 to repair the thing. Plus the nice blue frame would complement my road bike (and therefore my clothes) really nicely.

Only question is how do I explain to the missus that I'm building *another* bike, to be used very occasionally? Actually I think I could buy that frame for €160 and someone would buy it off me for €200 in two weeks' time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭C3PO

I know what you mean. However, as others said, it's supposed to only start tomorrow, so that's maybe why they said that. If I were you and I really wanted them, I would travel there anyway, with a copy of their webpage, and chance it. Even if it turns out to be a mistake, I can't imagine they would try to resist too much.

Apparently it should have stated that the €200 offer was for one wheel ..... and they weren't standing over the offer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement