Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoffs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

HigginsJ wrote: »
    So 8 years and no Superbowl win. Bellichick out?? :confused:

Wait til Coughlin retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That is the most stupid question I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

davyjose wrote: »
    He's thrown for 275
    Ah yeah I know I was just clarifying it was more than 135 or whatever it was someone said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The offense has only put 13 points on the board. This loss is on them not the D. Patriots score over 30 points a game normally and the D have not given up enough points for us to normally lose a game.

Its on both sides of the ball. The team as a unit were poor.

Your messing right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

As seven nation army being sung by jubilant ravens fans rings out around gillette, i might point this out:

49ers made the switch to Kaep and Ravens fired Cam Cameron. It's the ballsy decisions that lead to Super Bowls. Belichick would tell you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Joe Flacco outplays Tom Brady again in this game.

That surprises me. I think NE will feel unlucky here. There is no doubt the Ravens have played a good game. But New England could of been more ruthless in the 1st quarter. Silly clock management at the end of the first half cost them a shot too. That Pollard fumble and interception were just unlucky. 99/100 neither happens. Talib going off was a huge factor too. A lot of guys didnt perform. I think Wilfork got called out once today.

Ultimately the Ravens deserved this. That OLine is a rock. Pats pass rush never really bothered Flacco bar once or twice. Flacco was just awesome today. He made a couple of bad throws but he adjusted well and dominated in the end.

spiralism wrote: »
    As seven nation army being sung by jubilant ravens fans rings out around gillette, i might point this out:

49ers made the switch to Kaep and Ravens fired Cam Cameron. It's the ballsy decisions that lead to Super Bowls. Belichick would tell you that.
    Both made by Harbaughs....coincidence I think not!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Maybe they'll trade Brady to the Jets for Tebow while they're at it.:pac:

Mitt-Romney-Sucks-Here%E2%80%99s-Why-Photo-by-2bp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

spiralism wrote: »

Well to be fair firing Cam Cameron was hardly ballsy, he'd been a league-wide joke for his entire tenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

kmart6 wrote: »
    Your messing right?!

Little bit messing ;)

Syferus wrote: »
    Well to be fair firing Cam Cameron was hardly ballsy, he'd been a league-wide joke for his entire tenure.

Hiring Caldwell was.

Source:Colts fan

Edit: that's a joke BTW Caldwells a proper OC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Joe Flacco outplays Tom Brady again in this game.

That surprises me. I think NE will feel unlucky here. There is no doubt the Ravens have played a good game. But New England could of been more ruthless in the 1st quarter. Silly clock management at the end of the first half cost them a shot too. That Pollard fumble and interception were just unlucky. 99/100 neither happens. Talib going off was a huge factor too. A lot of guys didnt perform. I think Wilfork got called out once today.

Ultimately the Ravens deserved this. That OLine is a rock. Pats pass rush never really bothered Flacco bar once or twice. Flacco was just awesome today. He made a couple of bad throws but he adjusted well and dominated in the end.

I agree with this. We did have a lot of miscues on offense and on defense we gave up too many 3rd and longs after decent stops on 1st and 2nd.

But the Ravens played their best game of the season and deserve their win...hope they win the big one.

Oh mighta caught that!

What a way to finish!

Sin é

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Can't say the Ravens didn't deserve it. Great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Would be hilarious if the Ravens put 52 out there on the knee.

137113562_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

You're not invited.

nfl_a_evans_mbl_400.jpg

Neither are you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

tumblr_ly8teyMA4l1r2xcs4.gif

We did it, we did it :D:D:D

Wow, wow, wow!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Christ I cant wait till this ends, what is the sick thing with sports fans when they are watching something that is really really depressing or pissing them off they cant actually just turn it off?

Have to watch it all the way

Have we actually been shut out in the second half yeah? Really makes that horrible bit of clock management at the end of the first half stand out so much more. Also, the toothless first quarter where we were really on top uh

Fair play to the Ravens, they fully deserve the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Thinking of starting a drinking game that anytime you hear Harbaugh Bowl over the next 2 weeks you have to down a pint.

Thinking of starting a drinking game that anytime you hear Harbaugh Bowl over the next 2 weeks you have to down a pint.

Nice try, Mr. Guinness.

Time to turn on a CBS stream to actually catch interviews and not the lads in the Sky studio!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just had a bad feeling all day long and it came true.

I'm not wishing any team the best of luck in the Superbowl because I really don't like either of the Harbaughs. I'm sure I'll change my mind before the Superbowl but I really don't feel any urge to even watch it right now.

It was another excellent season for the Patriots but again we are not going win the big one. Hopefully we can get one more before no.12 retires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Harbough just say to Pollard, "you won that game" or was it Boldin? I only caught a glimpse, either could be true I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Paully D wrote: »
    tumblr_ly8teyMA4l1r2xcs4.gif

We did it, we did it :D:D:D

Wow, wow, wow!!!!

Well done Paully. Enjoy it.

That Steve gif brings back happy memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ray Lewis announcing he'd retire when we needed momentum going into the Colts game is probably one of the management masterstrokes of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

At least the Pats fans can still be happy in the knowledge they are the best regular season team over the last few years.

Advertisement