Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in learning Finnish?

Options
  • 19-10-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Any fin can help me with this unique language? I'm looking to go there in January for a while. I have the basics of Swedish if that helps. Let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭syntax1

Cistolik wrote: »
    Any fin can help me with this unique language? I'm looking to go there in January for a while. I have the basics of Swedish if that helps. Let me know!

Hyvää iltaa!

Swedish won't help you with Finnish, though it will help you a tiny bit to get around Swedish-speaking areas.

Did you end up going to Finland? How are the studies going? I'm in Estonia myself. The languages are a little similar. I have a little Finnish-Estonian blog with links to resources for Finnish.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jimbob1982

Hey Syntax, would you care to send me those links? I put up a thread only yesterday about learning Finnish. I been learning over 15 years tbh. Just impossible to find penpals so that I can challenge myself. Estonian I know is so close to Finnish, it's almost the same language.

Advertisement