Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some info on the IEC 2013- DOES NOT MEAN PROGRAMME IS OPEN!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

mmm88 wrote: »
    You should begin applying for your Police Certificate as soon as you have decided you wish to go on this programme. Please be aware that Police Certificates from your country of residence must have been issued within the last 3 months.
    http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canada/work-and-travel-canada-visa

There ya go :D

That may be USITS requirements, the IEC requires it to be within 12 months from date of issue. I think most people here wont be usibg USIT. I was gettin a bit worried myself so i emailed them yesterday to check. They confirmed 12 months.

The other link posted up here for police certs is for immigration programs, not the IEC

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mmm88

oh right ok, my bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Tonto86 wrote: »

That may be USITS requirements, the IEC requires it to be within 12 months from date of issue. I think most people here wont be usibg USIT. I was gettin a bit worried myself so i emailed them yesterday to check. They confirmed 12 months.

The other link posted up here for police certs is for immigration programs, not the IEC
    Just got email off my friend who works in immigration in Canada and he says that is regarding someone who has already submitted a previous application but since I'm a totally new applicant it has to be 3 months. So can only take info for myself and my situation which is 3 and well I not taking risk regardless as there no 2ndchance of getting this right.

As in why would everywhere else say 3 months and if you read question carefully on your link it is clearly stating with regards to previous application that they must have on file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Just got email off my friend who works in immigration in Canada and he says that is regarding someone who has already submitted a previous application but since I'm a totally new applicant it has to be 3 months. So can only take info for myself and my situation which is 3 and well I not taking risk regardless as there no 2ndchance of getting this right.

As in why would everywhere else say 3 months and if you read question carefully on your link it is clearly stating with regards to previous application that they must have on file

But equally a similar question can be asked - why then allow someone the 12 months just because they've made a previous application?

But equally a similar question can be asked - why then allow someone the 12 months just because they've made a previous application?
    Well depends on reason like it might be someone had reason such as missing out on quota etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

update on site:

copy below from site;

International Experience Canada 2013 update:
    International Experience Canada’s (IEC’s) application process for 2013 will be entirely online. It will be split into two stages:

program eligibility assessment (using a IEC-Kompass account); and
    work permit assessment (using a MyCIC account).
    When you have successfully completed the first stage using your IEC-Kompass account, you will receive a letter from Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada indicating conditional acceptance to the IEC program. You will then be asked to upload a “Conditional acceptance letter” to your MyCIC account in order for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to complete the second stage of the application process.

Please note that the 2013 IEC initiative has not yet opened for applications. It will open before February 1, 2013, and more information on the online process will be made available on this website. Stay tuned!

Tonto86 wrote: »

Hi, who did you get your email response from can I ask?

Regards Garda Cert look if you want to chance 12 months maybe it'll work but would you not just be safe and get 1 within 3 months but whatever action you do best of luck

Regards Garda Cert look if you want to chance 12 months maybe it'll work but would you not just be safe and get 1 within 3 months but whatever action you do best of luck

Thanks.

But theres no reason why we can't get to the bottom of this. You're both saying you have confirmation of different time limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

should i register for MyCIC account tonight or do you have to wait till the IEC application opens

• Advertisement

Well yes but if you compare links;

From USIT (Who specialize in Visa)
    http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canada/work-and-travel-canada-visa - 3 Months

From Canadian Government (Who obviously would know)
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp - 3 Months

From Canadian IEC Part of Canadian Government (Which states about it being to previous applications)
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#PoliceCert - 12 Months

But in last link read quetion.
    I obtained a police certificate that I submitted for a previous application to the IEC initiative. Will it still be valid if I apply again? Do I need a new police certificate?

Surfn wrote: »
    should i register for MyCIC account tonight or do you have to wait till the IEC application opens
    Can you register?
    I think we have to complete first part regardless. Before CIC

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

the following is the process in a nutshell :

Group 1: New Process – IEC application online to DFAIT and work permit application to CIC using e-Apps

In the new process, the following countries will use DFAIT’s IEC-Kompass system for the IEC portion (Stage 1) of the application. Applicants who meet the IEC eligibility requirements will be directed to use the Come to Canada Wizard and MyCIC (e-App) to apply for their work permit (Stage 2).
    All IEC applications must be submitted electronically or returned to the client to submit online unless Web accessibility issues, as per Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) Guidelines, are identified.
    1. Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria, Croatia, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
    2. Japan will initially use paper applications for the IEC portion and switch to IEC-Kompass mid-year. In both cases, DFAIT will direct all applicants to use e-Apps to apply for their work permit.
    3. Australia will use their ‘in-house’ system for the IEC portion and then direct applicants to use e-Apps to apply for their work permit.
    4. New Zealand will submit paper IEC applications to DFAIT and then direct applicants to e-Apps to apply for their work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

What is an IEC-kompass account??

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Thanks.

But theres no reason why we can't get to the bottom of this. You're both saying you have confirmation of different time limits.

Guys a police cert is free to obtain, and is generally issued within 2/3 days of request.
    If yours is out of date by over the 3 months then the advice would be to get a new one issued.
    That is Unless you have committed some offence since the last one was issued, then chance the old one you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RodimusPrime

Hi all!

I've been reading through this thread so far and it's been really helpful.

According to Operatoinal Bulletin 490 - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

In the new process, the following countries will use DFAIT’s IEC-Kompass system for the IEC portion (Stage 1) of the application. Applicants who meet the IEC eligibility requirements will be directed to use the Come to Canada Wizard and MyCIC (e-App) to apply for their work permit (Stage 2).

Does anyone know anything more about the DFAIT - Participant Acceptance Form? It says we have to submit it with our application. Maybe we get it after we pass the first stage??

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

I've been reading through this thread so far and it's been really helpful.

According to Operatoinal Bulletin 490 - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

Does anyone know anything more about the DFAIT - Participant Acceptance Form? It says we have to submit it with our application. Maybe we get it after we pass the first stage??

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Thanks in advance!

Yes, participant acceptance is granted after stage.1 success, then youre directed to the Come to Canada Wizard and MyCIC (e-App) to apply for their work permit (Stage 2).

after come to canada wizard is complete you will recieve the following
    personal checklist (please find attacted below) & then on to e-apps.

absolutely simple:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Thanks for that archicraft. is there anything i can do now as in fill in anything or is it just a matter of waiting till its open?:)

Can anyone answer for first time applicants, can we register for any of the areas?

Also archicraft can we use that attachment or is that a sample

Can anyone answer for first time applicants, can we register for any of the areas?

Also archicraft can we use that attachment or is that a sample

you can use the come to canada wizard as many times as you like,for practice, & every time it will generate ,for you, a personal checklist & code for the next stage(stage 2).

• Advertisement

archicraft wrote: »
    you can use the come to canada wizard as many times as you like,for practice, & every time it will generate ,for you, a personal checklist & code for the next stage(stage 2).
    Which is come to canada wizard? Is that registration for for GC?

Hey quick question i am using the come to wizard for practice ..
    iam have paid go4less to review my application( i don't no why) so what should i answer for this question?

Are you giving someone access to your application?

The answers to choose from are..
    Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf
    Yes, grant authorization for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to release your application information to another person? Yes, both appoint a representative and grant authorization to release information to another person.
    any help with what answer to choose would be great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Hey quick question i am using the come to wizard for practice ..
    iam have paid go4less to review my application( i don't no why) so what should i answer for this question?

Are you giving someone access to your application?

The answers to choose from are..
    Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf
    Yes, grant authorization for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to release your application information to another person? Yes, both appoint a representative and grant authorization to release information to another person.
    any help with what answer to choose would be great.:)

Are go4less going to talk to Cic n your behalf or submit the application for you? If neither then answer no

I same as you and also at end where it says Signature of Applicant. What do we do, print form and scan or what?

Guys a police cert is free to obtain, and is generally issued within 2/3 days of request.
    If yours is out of date by over the 3 months then the advice would be to get a new one issued.
    That is Unless you have committed some offence since the last one was issued, then chance the old one you have.

Unfortunately it's £80 up here in the Wee Six for an express one :(

Ah well, £80 for piece of mind - will get new one ordered tomorrow.

I same as you and also at end where it says Signature of Applicant. What do we do, print form and scan or what?

this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

I know that but do you know the next form where you state employment history etc. It has Validate Form at end but how do we sign it?

sure we wont know till the application opens?

I know that but do you know the next form where you state employment history etc. It has Validate Form at end but how do we sign it?

sorry muffi, are you talking about : IMM1295 Application?

• Advertisement

sorry muffi, are you talking about : IMM1295 Application?

That's the form yeah.

Advertisement