Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 4: First Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think it's THAT bad tbh, don't agree with these 'play more and you will be rewarded' systems but I dont think I've had many situations where the perks have really distorted the balance between players. The vehicle perks I only found out about at the weekend there and before that I don't think I've noticed any vehicle taking massive amounts of damage without dying.

Haven't changed my loadouts since the first week I started playing but I might have a tinker around tonight and try some of the unlockables and see if they are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

the one thing that gets me about loadouts is the choice of starting weapon....especially the bloody boltshot....hate running past someone camping and been boltshotted....the pinnacle of noobish it is.

and why is the AR suddenly so powerful? >:(

the one thing that gets me about loadouts is the choice of starting weapon....and why is the AR suddenly so powerful? >:(

Leave the AR alone. It's been a useless pile of crap for way too long. It's actually half decent now, a viable weapon. One of my fave loadouts is pistol as primary, and AR as a mop up/spray and pray back up weapon.

I miss being able to pick up grenades from of dead enemies & team mates. It's made the grenade-play part of the game much less relevant as everyone only has 2 now, short of using perks. Is "resupply" worth using up your perk slot for? Seems like it might be handy in tight maps like haven and adrift, where a lot of dying goes on in a small space so there'll be frags & stickies lying around?

Yeah I do miss being able to pick up grenades, and ammo also. Far too often find myself with feck all ammo left and given how quickly teammates' guns disappear when they die and the fact there are no standard spawns for basic weapons it's a right pain in the arse!

Leave the AR alone. It's been a useless pile of crap for way too long. It's actually half decent now, a viable weapon. One of my fave loadouts is pistol as primary, and AR as a mop up/spray and pray back up weapon.

I miss being able to pick up grenades from of dead enemies & team mates. It's made the grenade-play part of the game much less relevant as everyone only has 2 now, short of using perks. Is "resupply" worth using up your perk slot for? Seems like it might be handy in tight maps like haven and adrift, where a lot of dying goes on in a small space so there'll be frags & stickies lying around?

i only use br but now 4 shotting someone with a BR against a AR doesnt seem to do it anymore...yeah i use Resupply the whole time its a must in my opinion

• Advertisement

Wasting my time playing tonight. The network is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The Ar is actually a viable weapon nowadays, In my experience never really was that great online

Wasting my time playing tonight. The network is terrible.

Were you playing spartan ops?

I find it laggy at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

maximoose wrote: »

same as that, i havnt actually touched spartan ops because of this, i thought it was just me. i end up playing it solo which isnt much fun really

maximoose wrote: »

Well i was, but that's always laggy. Spartan ops is like playing in soup. The main problems i was having last night were in matchmaking for Slayer, BTB, and SWAT. The games were jumping all over the place and kept switching hosts and dropping people out.

It was frustrating, especially in swat because you've only got a second to react. I normally never have a problem hitting one bullet headshots with the DMR across the map. Last night i was popping off five and six shots at targets and hitting nothing.

By the way, thanks for the invite last night, i was just finished up when you messaged me. Gaming time is at a minimum at the moment, i'm lucky if i get an hour most nights during the week. Next time.
    play spartan ops in co,op mode and get at least 7 kills in every game and make the game last 8 minutes or longer and you'll get 7731 for every game you complete...

This is brilliant. I used it last night, and it's a great way of ranking up. I just picked spartan ops matchmaking for some of the shorter episodes, and made sure i got 8 kills and 8 mins playtime, and then after that jumped in a ghost and stuck to splattering enemies to get things done faster. Great tip, thanks!!

I'm gonna use this to grind for some XP for a couple of hours over the weekend if anyone would care to join?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

actually, if anyone is interested in spartan ops or wargames or co-op campaign

kaimeraXBL is me on xbl oddly enough!

yeah i'd be up for it too.....psychowarren102

Yep me too. Want to kill lots of covies nice and quickly for XP. Would be up for partying up over the weekend...

GT=MackDaddi

Added the two of you there (maxi ni)

yeah added 2 of ye too

Does anyone use beacons? They were added in an XBL update a while back. A custom beacon is very handy for telling people what you want to play and getting people to join you or party up.

If i set one that says "join me if you want to play spartan ops episodes" anyone on my friends list who loads up halo 4 will get that beacon message and can jump in to my game easily.

PS-I'll add any of yiz who aren't already on my list later when i'm on.

Does anyone use beacons? They were added in an XBL update a while back. A custom beacon is very handy for telling people what you want to play and getting people to join you or party up.

If i set one that says "join me if you want to play spartan ops episodes" anyone on my friends list who loads up halo 4 will get that beacon message and can jump in to my game easily.

PS-I'll add any of yiz who aren't already on my list later when i'm on.

yeah i use them for H3 there very handy...must set one up for H4 too

can i get in on this action please. wouldnt mind a few games, im not sure how often il get on, it changes daily. anyway my GT is jwallace007 and hopefully I'll see ye in game at some stage

added the last few GTs.

Doesn't seem to be possible to add a beacon via xbox.com :(

Also, I can't seem to find my headset. Bleh.

kaimera wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be possible to add a beacon via xbox.com :(

If you've an iPhone or android phone get the Xbox smartglass app, can do it on there and handy for adding people on the go!

• Advertisement

oh by the way this is my wifes Boards a/c my i'm a man on XBL lol

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll add whatever folks I don't already have later on too. My GT is in my sig.

Going On for some games in the next 45 mins or so if anyone would like to team up and play through some of the special ops missions, preferably with mics.

i do muay thai tues eve's an thurs most other eve's i be on

Last night was my first venture into H4 online. Good craic, wasn't sure if my headset was working, apologies for the swearing as I got to grips with the game!

Sorry for the tk :/

it was my first day. quack quack etc!

pfft, I wouldn't worry about the swearing. I swear like a sailor when things aren't going my way :pac:

haha still not as bad as me....and yeah your mic was working kind of..."check check" i heard ya :P

haha still not as bad as me....and yeah your mic was working kind of..."check check" i heard ya :P
    haha. i couldn't find my own, borrowed a friends and i couldn't tell if it was working or not :(

Good craic tho.

kaimera wrote: »
    haha. i couldn't find my own, borrowed a friends and i couldn't tell if it was working or not :(

Good craic tho.

yeah was i bit of a laugh...lag was driving me mad though...dono why H4 servers are so unsteady

• Advertisement

Finally got on for a few games tonight, god I need the practice. Even by my own low standards I was bad tonight :-)

Advertisement