Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG! I cannot believe I sold that!

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭

Well I cleared out all my loose Snes carts and a few other bits over the previous year.

I all ready regret selling megaman x2, terranigma, sunset riders and turtles in time. Mainly as I got them for cheap and the money I raised went towards other things like insurance excess and rental deposits! Not an iota went back into games like I had planned!

I also have a feeling I will be regretting selling a neo geo lot soon.

What are regrets do ye have? The ones that got away thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently I sold Kerbdogs Mega CD, the one for the MD1, many many years ago....
    I have no recollection of this, but he assures me it was so, what is certain is it no longer is in the collection.... so make of it what you will.
    I fear there will be some terrible retribution somewhere down the road, I fear what that might be....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The moment I sell something I instantly regret it. :(

Over the last while -

Lovely minty Atari 600
    Box of about 100 Spectrum games
    Leisure 2000 arcade cab
    Neo geo 6 slot
    Atomiswave SD
    Jap Saturn

Bah, I'll stop now before I depress myself!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I thought I'd regret selling the Nuon but don't.
    I do regret selling my Flashboy, the flash cart for the Virtual Boy, that was a nice, rare thing and there is some interesting homebrew about at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I gave away my entire Amstard collection of tapes years ago, must have been hundreds of them. More recently gave away a load of PS2 games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Correction - You sold both the MegaCD and the MD1 together and the games including Shining ForceCD and SonicCD...revenge will be sweet whenever it visits
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Apparently I sold Kerbdogs Mega CD, the one for the MD1, many many years ago....
    I have no recollection of this, but he assures me it was so, what is certain is it no longer is in the collection.... so make of it what you will.
    I fear there will be some terrible retribution somewhere down the road, I fear what that might be....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

o1s1n wrote: »
    The moment I sell something I instantly regret it. :(

Over the last while -

Lovely minty Atari 600
    Box of about 100 Spectrum games
    Leisure 2000 arcade cab
    Neo geo 6 slot
    Atomiswave SD
    Jap Saturn

Bah, I'll stop now before I depress myself!!!!

You had an Atomiswave dude? Why the sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A Mega CD 2 set complete with a US version of Snatcher CD. Sold them years ago to fund the money to upgrade to a PS1 on release. :mad::(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

kinda regretted selling my epic 24 game collection a few years ago when i was around 15, it was the first console in the house that was actually mine and not just me leeching off the brothers stuff, its not soo bad now because i bought most of it back for less than i sold it for the one major exception to that is i let gamestop have my mgs subsistence for about 4 quid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've had cabs come and go... I just wish I'd had space for them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

When I was about 16, I went through a games-are-for-kids phase, and sold all my stuff. Amongst them was classics like Exhumed (which I luckily found again lately), Bio Freaks, Twisted Metal, and some futuristic sports game. I've never came across these titles asian.

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Correction - You sold both the MegaCD and the MD1 together and the games including Shining ForceCD and SonicCD...revenge will be sweet whenever it visits

I honestly can't remember selling it at all...
    I must be blocking it out....
    I still have Shining Force and Sonic CD, I don't even know who would have bought it, honestly...
    Maybe it's still knocking around somewhere?
    Hmm...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lucky for me I've never really sold any of my games. I went into Game years ago with a copy of Ghouls n'Ghosts on the Megadrive and they offered me 3 pounds which I refused. Since then I've never sold any of my stuff. Only games I ever sold were Kane and Lynch and the Darkness but I absolutely hated those games.

I do regret letting some games go out of my hands. I had for a while a copy of Terranigma which I got for a very good snipe on ebay. Unfortunately I gave it away to my friend who I trade games with in the US to say thanks for showing me around NY. It was worth it to see how delighted he was with it but still, I'd love to have a copy of it and I'll probably never snipe it that low again, the seller didn't know what language it was in so I had to research it.

Also gave away two copies of Pop n'Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures, one to my friend in the US and another to Ciderman for the Christmas gift exchange. Hopefully I can find my own copy soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Sort of retro but not (video) gaming related I sold my Charizzard and Dark Charizzard cards for £5 in 2000 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I never sold any of the stuff I had when I was a wee nipper but the majority of it disappeared somehow but yet all my sisters polly pockets were kept!
    Nes and gameboy with a fair heap of games, megaman, castlevania and the likes. Was disgusted when I found out after spending the day crawling around in the attic.
    Did find my Snes stuff but all the boxes were throw out!

@retrogamer- feel your pain on terranigma. Inlet mine so too and I originally got it for peanuts. Don't think I'll ever get it cheap again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually I lent someone Megaman 3 for the gameboy and never saw it again. Seems to go for a big price these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Actually I lent someone Megaman 3 for the gameboy and never saw it again. Seems to go for a big price these days :(

Yeah I had two of the megaman gameboy games not sure which two though. Defintely had the one with him jumping or descending on the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You had an Atomiswave dude? Why the sale?

Monitor wasn't working. Gave it back after a year to the guy I bought it from. I still miss the thing, even if it was broken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sold my saturn and 23 games (including Guardian Heroes & Shining The Holy Ark) at a car boot sale for €60 (approx €100 in today's terms) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Traded in all my snes and gameboy stuff when I was a nipper for a copy of Fifa 2000 for the pc. Epic fail :( Had some nice stuff like a boxed sunset riders etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Traded one of my Darius Alphas a good while back to get access to some very nice trades/sales in Japan.
    Wish I had traded something else now but it seemed a good idea at the time, I've since replaced it so not all bad.

• Advertisement

I'm going to trade in ZombiU today as I've had more fun having during endoscopic examination, reckon I'll be posting about it here in 6 years time?
    No, didn't think so!

nuxxx wrote: »
    Traded in all my snes and gameboy stuff when I was a nipper for a copy of Fifa 2000 for the pc. Epic fail :( Had some nice stuff like a boxed sunset riders etc

Wow,
    Sunset Riders for a copy of Fifa....
    You win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I sold a mint MD in the box a while back. Anything else I've sold I've replaced :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I sold about 100 boxed megadrive games, boxed gamegear and boxed Neo Geo pocket colour last year to fund the wedding, some good megadrive games in there too. regret that big time because i didnt even need the money in the end thanks to getting loans out of two different credit unions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

keithgeo wrote: »
    I sold about 100 boxed megadrive games, boxed gamegear and boxed Neo Geo pocket colour last year to fund the wedding, some good megadrive games in there too. regret that big time because i didnt even need the money in the end thanks to getting loans out of two different credit unions!

In the same boat myself now, already have one of my classic cars up for sale don't fancy having to sell some of the consoles too - most of which I've only purchased in the last couple of years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

was worrying so much about paying for that wedding, in the end you get most of it back in money presents. Had i known i wouldnt have bothered selling them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Registry office, 100 quid or something, BAM! All done. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Registry office, 100 quid or something, BAM! All done. :cool:

I can marry people, will only charge 50 quid :)
    Only legal in America I think though.

If she makes you sell your games she's not worth it. See how she reacts when you put her shoes up on ebay :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Traded one of my Darius Alphas a good while back to get access to some very nice trades/sales in Japan.

Did you actually get anything for Darius Alpha, or was it purely to gain access to this trading group?

Advertisement