Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Coincidentally, im just sitting down to a burriti. Where is this place you speak off'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

ROK ON wrote: »
    If you like Mexican food give these guys a shot.

I'm liking these food based posts. Keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I ordered a burrito that was made with orange marinated pork, pineapple, chilli, decried beans and rice. It came with some pica de gayo, sour cream and an intensely zingy homemade salsa full of chilli, coriander and lime.

They're not to everyone's taste, but denouncing them seems harsh.

(Many vegetarian options?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Only one in the burrito section, I didn't look attentively enough at the other parts of the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Azteca is not one of these places. Run by a few Mexican guys the food is ilsimply awesome.

Nice to hear. I've never had good mexican food. will give this a shot. Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Follow Dame St up toward Christchurch - I think the street is called Lord Edward St.

It is on your left as you head from Dame Street, about 100m before the Christchurch Junction and the Bull & Castle pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've never had good mexican food
    Never? Perhaps you just don't like Mexican food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've never had good mexican food.

Myself and a colleague took a visit to Mexico for a weekend while on site in LA and while there my colleague, an American, asked a taxi driver to bring us to somewhere that serves the best local food. In we popped and we were driven through the residential areas (this was before the time when heads appearing in street sans owners was common place) to what was for all intents and purposes some oul ladies kitchen. We were charged a pittance for some very tasty genuine Mexican yummies, although the thoughts of getting violently ill the next morning or swallowing some form of parasite played on my mind for most of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

AstraMonti wrote: »
    20100129_054622_Funny_Bicycle.jpg

:rolleyes:

Just like you on the Evil 200 last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

colm_gti wrote: »
    Had been planning to head for Batterstown with the TT bike to do a LTHR test tomorrow since about 2 weeks ago, seems I couldn't have picked a better day for it....

8-10 degrees celcius, 3-4 m/s southwesterly breeze and sunny!

My legs are starting to scream at me already....

Just back from doing this, been a while since my heart rate saw extended periods over zone 2! It hurt! On the plus side I now know my LTHR is 186bpm! Should help with the increased intesity training over the coming weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

It came with some pica de gayo

How very un-PC of you. Did they try to chat you up that you enjoyed it so much?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭furiousox

Have you seen the prices of some of the Sky/Rapha gear?
    Eye watering!

http://www.rapha.cc/shop/team-sky

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

OMFG. Those prices are madness.

Are the 2013 An Post bikes being made by Dolan or Vitus does anyone know?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    OMFG. Those prices are madness.

Are the 2013 An Post bikes being made by Dolan or Vitus does anyone know?

Vitus is the name on the jersey with Dolan nowhere to be seen.
    Looks like its them...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

€20 for the team scarf - just what you need for those cold mountain passes.

Surprised there's no official Sky/Rapha Mankini though - there must be a few quid to be made out of them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭furiousox

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but there's a documentary about the Ras on TG4 tonight at 9.50pm

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I've had a Nokia survive a toilet dunking.

The toilet prob contained less errrr 'toxins' then a pool full of 8 yearold kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Never? Perhaps you just don't like Mexican food?
    You could be right. I want to taste some good stuff before I fully decide though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Nice to hear. I've never had good mexican food. will give this a shot. Where is it?

food was pretty good in Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

furiousox wrote: »
    Have you seen the prices of some of the Sky/Rapha gear?
    Eye watering!

http://www.rapha.cc/shop/team-sky

They look like the same as Rapha's usual prices for their non-Sky kit, in so far as I can tell from a quick glance anyway.

I usually stagger away from their website bleeding from the eyes, specially since they increased some of their prices a few months back, the only difference with the Sky stuff is that I bleed blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

smacl wrote: »
    Just received my first ever audax medal in the post for last years dying cow. Well chuffed, and hoping to accumulate a few more this year. One that says 300k would be especially nice :pac:

Got mine for the sow. That's a 200 and 300 in the bag now. Plan is to complete the set (400, 600) this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Reading "Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know" by Ralulph Feinnes. My god, what a man. Kicked out of the SAS for the misuse of explosives and goes on to be the greatest living explorer. I'd love to meet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Still some of his films are unforgiveable

Still some of his films are unforgivable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Got mine for the sow. That's a 200 and 300 in the bag now. Plan is to complete the set (400, 600) this year...

Just finished licking my wounds from last years fail and ready for a frontal attack in March, seeing the 2012 roll of honor on the A.I. website kinda stung a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I owe an apology to RobFowl.
    Yesterday after the sprint at the pavilions while gloating that I beat him in the sprint that he was in a 53 and I in the 39 he was in fact on a compact and therefore in the 50.
    Deepest apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Just finished licking my wounds from last years fail and ready for a frontal attack in March, seeing the 2012 roll of honor on the A.I. website kinda stung a bit.

Samesies.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

If SRAM start enlarging their hoods I will be fecking raging ... I love the smaller hoods. :( There seems to be a growing trend for bigger ones though.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/sram-red-hydraulic-disc-brakes-first-look/245332

i prefered the bigger hoods myself liked the square Ultegra hoods over the 105 ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    If SRAM start enlarging their hoods I will be fecking raging ... I love the smaller hoods. :( There seems to be a growing trend for bigger ones though.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/sram-red-hydraulic-disc-brakes-first-look/245332

SRAM, no longer catering for people with freakishly small hands....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement