Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular soap in Ireland?

Options
  • 01-01-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Watching the NYE show on RTE, Fair City was mentioned as the number one soap in Ireland.

Does anyone know if there is combined ratings for coronation street/eastenders with people who watch on utv/bbc 1 or does this only take into account those watching on RTE/TV3?

I'd be interested to see the lead fair city holds once viewers of the NI stations are factored in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Watching the NYE show on RTE, Fair City was mentioned as the number one soap in Ireland.

Aoibhín Garrihy said it herself.

If it turned out that she was instructed to, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised... :rolleyes: ;)

And I'd like to think that she's watched Ros na Rún several times. ;);)

I'm not meaning to sound disrespectful towards her, BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Imperial Leather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Watching the NYE show on RTE, Fair City was mentioned as the number one soap in Ireland

Ha I've never in all my 20 years watching soaps heard the girls in work
    chat about fair city its eastenders this and did you see corrie last night.
    I do watch fair city myself but I would'nt be mad bout it nothing much happens although money helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Aoibhín Garrihy said it herself.

If it turned out that she was instructed to, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised... :rolleyes: ;)

And I'd like to think that she's watched Ros na Rún several times. ;);)

I'm not meaning to sound disrespectful towards her, BTW.

I only saw her for a minute.. A night of Miriam O'Callaghan representing life in Ireland is enough to make me vomit.. Is there anybody less charasmatic anywhere on television? If she wasn't such a milf, eh..

Aoibhín came across nice enough and was good to see her smile, as Neasa rarely does..

I would imagine most people watch Eastenders on the BBC because it's uninterrupted. Still haven't figured out why RTÉ show it at all? Hasn't been good for a long time.

The Irish soaps are superior imo. Ros na Rún at it's best blows the lot of 'em put of water..

Advertisement