Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

User Test 3... End of User Test!! (almost)

• 21-12-2012 3:47pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, this is the last User Test before we try to put out a "Release Candidate".

As such, quite a bit is fixed in this version. There are leaderboards, new scoring, a new tutorial, a new graphics system, recoded control system and and intro and most of an ending :)

Its all looking waaay slicker than before. We have done quite a bit with the 3d engine in the menus area for example.

The leaderboards should let you compete with each other locally and worldwide. Dying to see how that goes.

Please give it a try and let us know if it works better compared to UT2 on your device!

Happy Xmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haven't got to try it much yet, buy initial loading times seem a bit better on my One X, and the tutorial seems to cover everything nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I gave it a spin yesterday. Huge amounts of polish added - great job.
    Moving in the air makes a big difference too. Maybe I'll actually make it to the jump over Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Buttery smooth on my nexus 4. Load times improved quite a bit, and controls are a lot more responsive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I keep slipping to the right instead of jumping, galaxy S3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I keep slipping to the right instead of jumping, galaxy S3

Thanks, we thought this was only an issue on iOS but def present on some Android. Good news is we have a fix confirmed, bad news is we're going to have a UT4 with everything nice and tidy for testing... Hope to drop end of next week for a quick test before our release candidate

Thanks for the feedback and patience :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Patience? I get to play a challenging game for free. I'm happy.

Oh and ya bastard with that score

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He's a dirty little sneak. He got a 66 powercell combo in a freaky D.A.R.Y.L. way and knocked me off the top score. *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Due to testing i've had to delete my f'n profile :mad:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And now we're both getting our asses kicked by Norrie Rugger. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Got around to playing UT3 over christmas (had to give UT2 a miss as I was too busy)

Anyway, I like the improvements, especially loading times which have been dramatically reduced of UT1.

It would be nice if the powerups from my previous selection were automatically chosen for another round. First world problems and all I know, but I just want to jump back into the action and having to choose the same stuff between each game feels unnecessary. Other than that, really enjoying the new version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sarumite wrote: »
    Got around to playing UT3 over christmas (had to give UT2 a miss as I was too busy)

Anyway, I like the improvements, especially loading times which have been dramatically reduced of UT1.

It would be nice if the powerups from my previous selection were automatically chosen for another round. First world problems and all I know, but I just want to jump back into the action and having to choose the same stuff between each game feels unnecessary. Other than that, really enjoying the new version.

They're doing that for me on UT3. Doesn't automatically jump in with the same power-ups, as in the end game, the power-ups will cost coins which can be bought or earned. It selects them again though, and so it speeds up the process!

They're doing that for me on UT3. Doesn't automatically jump in with the same power-ups, as in the end game, the power-ups will cost coins which can be bought or earned. It selects them again though, and so it speeds up the process!

So I deleted the game and reinstalled it and it seems to be doing that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Late to the party, do I need to download UT2 and then UT3 or can I go straight from UT1 to UT3?

Will tear into this at the weekend on the galaxy tab :)

You can just install UT3 directly, its a full app, not an update!

Looking forward to hear how it looks and runs on the tab!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

DeVore wrote: »

Coola boola, will install tonight and get stuck in this weekend.

I have a samsung 8.9 tab and it works really good on that. However I have noticed screen taring on the roof of the nightclub during in the intro.

I think those are supposed to be bars or something like slats... I have seen it too. Its down for review but its low priority (it basically needs the model to be simplified, its not a video issue at all, just a 3d model fix). Thanks though, every little thing like this helps us polish polish polish and not forget/miss things.

I think those are supposed to be bars or something like slats... I have seen it too. Its down for review but its low priority (it basically needs the model to be simplified, its not a video issue at all, just a 3d model fix). Thanks though, every little thing like this helps us polish polish polish and not forget/miss things.

Well lets put it this way, I went to bed late last night as I was trying to beat my highscore....so clearly a minor 3d glitch clearly didn't stop me playing.

I cant tell you how happy that makes me LOL.... thats what we want to hear :)

T.

Advertisement